sfrench/cifs-2.6.git
18 months agopinctrl: pinmux: Return selector to the pinctrl driver
Tony Lindgren [Thu, 5 Jul 2018 09:10:15 +0000 (02:10 -0700)]
pinctrl: pinmux: Return selector to the pinctrl driver

We must return the selector from pinmux_generic_add_function() so
pin controller device drivers can remove the right group if needed
for deferred probe for example. And we now must make sure that a
proper name is passed so we can use it to check if the entry already
exists.

Note that fixes are also needed for the pin controller drivers to
use the selector value.

Fixes: a76edc89b100 ("pinctrl: core: Add generic pinctrl functions for
managing groups")
Reported-by: H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@goldelico.com>
Cc: Christ van Willegen <cvwillegen@gmail.com>
Cc: Haojian Zhuang <haojian.zhuang@linaro.org>
Cc: Jacopo Mondi <jacopo+renesas@jmondi.org>
Cc: Paul Cercueil <paul@crapouillou.net>
Cc: Sean Wang <sean.wang@mediatek.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Tested-By: H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@goldelico.com>
Reviewed-by: Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: core: Return selector to the pinctrl driver
Tony Lindgren [Thu, 5 Jul 2018 09:10:14 +0000 (02:10 -0700)]
pinctrl: core: Return selector to the pinctrl driver

We must return the selector from pinctrl_generic_add_group() so
pin controller device drivers can remove the right group if needed
for deferred probe for example. And we now must make sure that a
proper name is passed so we can use it to check if the entry already
exists.

Note that fixes are also needed for the pin controller drivers to
use the selector value.

Fixes: c7059c5ac70a ("pinctrl: core: Add generic pinctrl functions
for managing groups")
Reported-by: H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@goldelico.com>
Cc: Christ van Willegen <cvwillegen@gmail.com>
Cc: Haojian Zhuang <haojian.zhuang@linaro.org>
Cc: Jacopo Mondi <jacopo+renesas@jmondi.org>
Cc: Paul Cercueil <paul@crapouillou.net>
Cc: Sean Wang <sean.wang@mediatek.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Tested-By: H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@goldelico.com>
Reviewed-by: Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agodt-binding: pinctrl: berlin: document AS370 SoC pinctrl
Jisheng Zhang [Fri, 13 Jul 2018 09:46:38 +0000 (17:46 +0800)]
dt-binding: pinctrl: berlin: document AS370 SoC pinctrl

Add as370 to existing berlin pinctrl device tree binding.

Signed-off-by: Jisheng Zhang <Jisheng.Zhang@synaptics.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: at91-pio4: Remove redundant return value check
Wei Yongjun [Wed, 11 Jul 2018 12:34:07 +0000 (12:34 +0000)]
pinctrl: at91-pio4: Remove redundant return value check

Remove unneeded error handling on the result of a call
to platform_get_resource() when the value is passed to
devm_ioremap_resource().

Signed-off-by: Wei Yongjun <weiyongjun1@huawei.com>
Reviewed-by: Alexandre Belloni <alexandre.belloni@bootlin.com>
Acked-by: Ludovic Desroches <ludovic.desroches@microchip.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: ocelot: fix gpio4 twi function
Alexandre Belloni [Wed, 11 Jul 2018 13:01:26 +0000 (15:01 +0200)]
pinctrl: ocelot: fix gpio4 twi function

the TWI function on GPIO4 is actually a multiplexed SCL, not an original
TWI SDA or SCL. Fix it.

Signed-off-by: Alexandre Belloni <alexandre.belloni@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: imx: add driver for i.MX8MQ
Lucas Stach [Mon, 2 Jul 2018 11:59:06 +0000 (14:59 +0300)]
pinctrl: imx: add driver for i.MX8MQ

The i.MX8MQ pincontrol works in a similar way to the earlier i.MX SoCs.
This driver builds on top of the imx specific pinconf handling.

Signed-off-by: Lucas Stach <l.stach@pengutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Abel Vesa <abel.vesa@nxp.com>
Acked-by: Dong Aisheng <aisheng.dong@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: imx: Add DT binding for i.MX8MQ IOMUXC
Abel Vesa [Mon, 2 Jul 2018 11:59:05 +0000 (14:59 +0300)]
pinctrl: imx: Add DT binding for i.MX8MQ IOMUXC

This adds the binding for the i.MX8MQ pin controller, in the same
fashion as earlier i.MX SoCs.

Signed-off-by: Abel Vesa <abel.vesa@nxp.com>
Acked-by: Dong Aisheng <aisheng.dong@nxp.com>
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: baytrail: Mark expected switch fall-throughs
Gustavo A. R. Silva [Thu, 5 Jul 2018 15:51:27 +0000 (10:51 -0500)]
pinctrl: baytrail: Mark expected switch fall-throughs

In preparation to enabling -Wimplicit-fallthrough, mark switch cases
where we are expecting to fall through.

Addresses-Coverity-ID: 1292308 ("Missing break in switch")
Addresses-Coverity-ID: 1292309 ("Missing break in switch")
Signed-off-by: Gustavo A. R. Silva <gustavo@embeddedor.com>
Acked-by: Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: at91-pio4: add support for drive strength
Ludovic Desroches [Fri, 29 Jun 2018 08:15:33 +0000 (10:15 +0200)]
pinctrl: at91-pio4: add support for drive strength

Add support for the drive strength configuration. Usually, this value is
expressed in mA. Since the numeric value depends on VDDIOP voltage, a
value we can't retrieve at runtime, the controller uses low, medium and
high to define the drive strength.

The PIO controller accepts two values for the low drive configuration: 0
and 1. Most of the time, we don't care about the drive strength. So we
keep the default value which is 0. The drive strength is advertised
through the sysfs only when it has been explicitly set in the device
tree i.e. if its value is different from 0.

Signed-off-by: Ludovic Desroches <ludovic.desroches@microchip.com>
Acked-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: mt7622: mark expected switch fall-through
Gustavo A. R. Silva [Thu, 5 Jul 2018 15:44:52 +0000 (10:44 -0500)]
pinctrl: mt7622: mark expected switch fall-through

In preparation to enabling -Wimplicit-fallthrough, mark switch cases
where we are expecting to fall through.

Warning level 2 was used: -Wimplicit-fallthrough=2

Addresses-Coverity-ID: 1463284 ("Missing break in switch")
Signed-off-by: Gustavo A. R. Silva <gustavo@embeddedor.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: meson: add gen_clk pins
Jerome Brunet [Wed, 4 Jul 2018 16:57:24 +0000 (18:57 +0200)]
pinctrl: meson: add gen_clk pins

Add the pinctrl configuration for gen_clk on gxbb and axg.
gen_clk allows to output and devide several internal clocks of SoC,
including most of the plls.

Signed-off-by: Jerome Brunet <jbrunet@baylibre.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: sh-pfc: r8a77990: Add USB3.0 pins, groups and functions
Takeshi Kihara [Tue, 3 Jul 2018 10:53:28 +0000 (19:53 +0900)]
pinctrl: sh-pfc: r8a77990: Add USB3.0 pins, groups and functions

This patch adds USB30_{PWEN,OVC} and USB3HS0_ID pins, groups and functions
to the R8A77990 SoC.

Signed-off-by: Takeshi Kihara <takeshi.kihara.df@renesas.com>
Signed-off-by: Yoshihiro Shimoda <yoshihiro.shimoda.uh@renesas.com>
Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: sh-pfc: r8a77990: Add USB2.0 pins, groups and functions
Takeshi Kihara [Wed, 6 Jun 2018 06:43:05 +0000 (15:43 +0900)]
pinctrl: sh-pfc: r8a77990: Add USB2.0 pins, groups and functions

This patch adds USB0_{PWEN,OVC}_{A,B} and USB0_ID pins, groups and
functions to the R8A77990 SoC.

Signed-off-by: Takeshi Kihara <takeshi.kihara.df@renesas.com>
Signed-off-by: Yoshihiro Shimoda <yoshihiro.shimoda.uh@renesas.com>
Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: sh-pfc: r8a77990: Revise USB ID pin name
Yoshihiro Shimoda [Wed, 6 Jun 2018 06:43:04 +0000 (15:43 +0900)]
pinctrl: sh-pfc: r8a77990: Revise USB ID pin name

Since the datasheet Rev.1.00 has an error about the USB ID pin name,
this patch revises it.

Signed-off-by: Yoshihiro Shimoda <yoshihiro.shimoda.uh@renesas.com>
Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: sh-pfc: r8a77965: Add HSCIF pins, groups, and functions
Takeshi Kihara [Thu, 14 Dec 2017 04:04:55 +0000 (13:04 +0900)]
pinctrl: sh-pfc: r8a77965: Add HSCIF pins, groups, and functions

This patch adds HSCIF{0,1,2,3,4} pins, groups and functions to
the R8A77965 SoC.

Signed-off-by: Takeshi Kihara <takeshi.kihara.df@renesas.com>
Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: qcom: spmi-gpio: Fix pmic_gpio_config_get() to be compliant
Douglas Anderson [Mon, 2 Jul 2018 22:59:39 +0000 (15:59 -0700)]
pinctrl: qcom: spmi-gpio: Fix pmic_gpio_config_get() to be compliant

If you do this on an sdm845 board:
  grep "" /sys/kernel/debug/pinctrl/*spmi:pmic*/pinconf-groups

...it looks like nonsense.  For every pin you see listed:
  input bias disabled, input bias high impedance, input bias pull down, input bias pull up, ...

That's because pmic_gpio_config_get() isn't complying with the rules
that pinconf_generic_dump_one() expects.  Specifically for boolean
parameters (anything with a "struct pin_config_item" where has_arg is
false) the function expects that the function should return its value
not through the "config" parameter but should return "0" if the value
is set and "-EINVAL" if the value isn't set.

Let's fix this.

From a quick sample of other pinctrl drivers, it appears to be
tradition to also return 1 through the config parameter for these
boolean parameters when they exist.  I'm not one to knock tradition,
so I'll follow tradition and return 1 in these cases.  While I'm at
it, I'll also continue searching for four leaf clovers, kocking on
wood three times, and trying not to break mirrors.

NOTE: This also fixes an apparent typo for reading
PIN_CONFIG_BIAS_DISABLE where the old driver was accidentally
using "=" instead of "==" and thus was setting some internal
state when you tried to query PIN_CONFIG_BIAS_DISABLE.  Oops.

Fixes: eadff3024472 ("pinctrl: Qualcomm SPMI PMIC GPIO pin controller driver")
Signed-off-by: Douglas Anderson <dianders@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: msm: Fix msm_config_group_get() to be compliant
Douglas Anderson [Mon, 2 Jul 2018 22:59:38 +0000 (15:59 -0700)]
pinctrl: msm: Fix msm_config_group_get() to be compliant

If you do this on an sdm845 board:
  cat /sys/kernel/debug/pinctrl/3400000.pinctrl/pinconf-groups

...it looks like nonsense.  For every pin you see listed:
  input bias bus hold, input bias disabled, input bias pull down, input bias pull up

That's because msm_config_group_get() isn't complying with the rules
that pinconf_generic_dump_one() expects.  Specifically for boolean
parameters (anything with a "struct pin_config_item" where has_arg is
false) the function expects that the function should return its value
not through the "config" parameter but should return "0" if the value
is set and "-EINVAL" if the value isn't set.

Let's fix this.

From a quick sample of other pinctrl drivers, it appears to be
tradition to also return 1 through the config parameter for these
boolean parameters when they exist.  I'm not one to knock tradition,
so I'll follow tradition and return 1 in these cases.  While I'm at
it, I'll also continue searching for four leaf clovers, kocking on
wood three times, and trying not to break mirrors.

Fixes: f365be092572 ("pinctrl: Add Qualcomm TLMM driver")
Signed-off-by: Douglas Anderson <dianders@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: Document pin_config_group_get() return codes like pin_config_get()
Douglas Anderson [Mon, 2 Jul 2018 22:59:37 +0000 (15:59 -0700)]
pinctrl: Document pin_config_group_get() return codes like pin_config_get()

The pinconf_generic_dump_one() function makes the assumption that
pin_config_group_get() should return -EINVAL and -ENOTSUPP just like
pin_config_get() does.  Document that so it's more obvious.

Signed-off-by: Douglas Anderson <dianders@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: actions: fix unsigned less than zero comparison
Colin Ian King [Mon, 2 Jul 2018 12:47:08 +0000 (13:47 +0100)]
pinctrl: actions: fix unsigned less than zero comparison

The check to see if platform_get_irq failed is performed on the
unsigned value of pctrl->irq[i] and the check is never true because
an unsigned cannot be less than zero.  Fix this by assinging the
signed int ret to the return of platform_get_irq and checking ret
instead.

Detected by CoverityScan, CID#1470247 ("Unsigned comparison against 0")

Fixes: 6c5d0736e9c0 ("pinctrl: actions: Add interrupt support for OWL S900 SoC")
Signed-off-by: Colin Ian King <colin.king@canonical.com>
Acked-by: Manivannan Sadhasivam <manivannan.sadhasivam@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: intel: Convert to use SPDX identifier
Andy Shevchenko [Fri, 29 Jun 2018 12:36:34 +0000 (15:36 +0300)]
pinctrl: intel: Convert to use SPDX identifier

Reduce size of duplicated comments by switching to use SPDX identifier.

No functional change.

Signed-off-by: Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com>
Acked-by: Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: intel: Add Ice Lake PCH pin controller support
Andy Shevchenko [Wed, 27 Jun 2018 12:05:53 +0000 (15:05 +0300)]
pinctrl: intel: Add Ice Lake PCH pin controller support

This adds pinctrl/GPIO support for Intel Ice Lake PCH. The Ice Lake PCH
GPIO is based on the same version of the Intel GPIO hardware than Intel
Cannon Lake with different set of pins and ACPI ID.

Signed-off-by: Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: armada-37xx: add suspend/resume support
Miquel Raynal [Tue, 26 Jun 2018 14:06:13 +0000 (16:06 +0200)]
pinctrl: armada-37xx: add suspend/resume support

Add suspend/resume hooks in pinctrl driver to handle S2RAM operations.

Beyond the traditional register save/restore operations, these hooks
also keep the GPIOs used for both-edge IRQ synchronized between their
level (low/high) and expected IRQ polarity (falling/rising edge).

Since pinctrl is an infrastructure module, its resume should be issued
prior to other IO drivers. The pinctrl PM operations are requested at
early/late stages for this reason.

Suggested-by: Ken Ma <make@marvell.com>
Signed-off-by: Miquel Raynal <miquel.raynal@bootlin.com>
Reviewed-by: Gregory CLEMENT <gregory.clement@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: actions: Add interrupt support for OWL S900 SoC
Manivannan Sadhasivam [Sat, 23 Jun 2018 04:59:54 +0000 (10:29 +0530)]
pinctrl: actions: Add interrupt support for OWL S900 SoC

Add interrupt support for Actions Semi OWL S900 SoC.

Signed-off-by: Manivannan Sadhasivam <manivannan.sadhasivam@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agodt-bindings: pinctrl: Add gpio interrupt bindings for Actions S900 SoC
Manivannan Sadhasivam [Sat, 23 Jun 2018 04:59:52 +0000 (10:29 +0530)]
dt-bindings: pinctrl: Add gpio interrupt bindings for Actions S900 SoC

Add gpio interrupt bindings for Actions Semi S900 SoC.

Signed-off-by: Manivannan Sadhasivam <manivannan.sadhasivam@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agodt-bindings: pinctrl: qcom: add gpio-ranges, gpio-reserved-ranges
Christian Lamparter [Mon, 28 May 2018 11:06:01 +0000 (13:06 +0200)]
dt-bindings: pinctrl: qcom: add gpio-ranges, gpio-reserved-ranges

This patch adds the gpio-ranges and gpio-reserved-ranges property
definitions to the binding text files supported by the pinctrl-msm
driver framework.

gpio-ranges:
For DT-based platforms the pinctrl-msm framework currently relies
on the deprecated-for-DT gpiochip_add_pin_range() function to add
the range of GPIOs to be handled by the pin controller. Due to
interactions within gpiolib code, this causes the pinctrl-msm
driver to bail out (-517) during boot when a gpio-hog is declared.
This can be fatal and cause the system to not boot or reset
(for a detailed explanation and call-trace, refer to patch:
"pinctrl: msm: fix gpio-hog related boot issues" in this series).

gpio-reserved-ranges:
The binding has been added as a precaution since the TrustZone
firmware (aka QSEE), which is running as the hypervisor, might
have reserved certain, but undisclosed pins. Hence reading or
writing to the registers for those pins will cause an
XPU violation and this subsequently crashes the kernel.

Signed-off-by: Christian Lamparter <chunkeey@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: aspeed: Fix documentation
Joel Stanley [Mon, 18 Jun 2018 12:45:06 +0000 (22:15 +0930)]
pinctrl: aspeed: Fix documentation

Fixes these warnings:

  pinctrl-aspeed.c:112: warning: Function parameter or member 'map' not
  described in 'aspeed_sig_desc_eval'
  pinctrl-aspeed.c:112: warning: Excess function parameter 'regmap'
  description in 'aspeed_sig_desc_eval'

Signed-off-by: Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Jeffery <andrew@aj.id.au>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: cedarfork: Correct EAST pin ordering
Mika Westerberg [Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:25:06 +0000 (14:25 +0300)]
pinctrl: cedarfork: Correct EAST pin ordering

The driver missed the fact that PECI_SMB_DATA has moved from EAST
community 224 to 182 instead. Correct the pin ordering accordingly.

Signed-off-by: Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@linux.intel.com>
Acked-by: Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
18 months agopinctrl: gemini: Mask properly
Linus Walleij [Sun, 17 Jun 2018 23:00:48 +0000 (01:00 +0200)]
pinctrl: gemini: Mask properly

Some logical error in the gemini pin control driver made
it not mask and write properly for the GMAC.

Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
19 months agopinctrl: Cut unused sysfs includes
Linus Walleij [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:23:07 +0000 (15:23 +0200)]
pinctrl: Cut unused sysfs includes

We simply don't use sysfs.

Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
19 months agopinctrl: qcom: spmi-gpio: Add pm8998 and pm8005 to binding
Stephen Boyd [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 23:06:04 +0000 (16:06 -0700)]
pinctrl: qcom: spmi-gpio: Add pm8998 and pm8005 to binding

Update the binding for two more PMICs supported by the same driver.
While we're here, remove the duplicate pmi8994 lines because that
support got merged twice.

Cc: Rajendra Nayak <rnayak@codeaurora.org>
Cc: <devicetree@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Stephen Boyd <swboyd@chromium.org>
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Reviewed-by: Vivek Gautam <vivek.gautam@codeaurora.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
19 months agopinctrl: pinctrl-single: Avoid divisions in context save/restore
Geert Uytterhoeven [Thu, 7 Jun 2018 12:24:34 +0000 (14:24 +0200)]
pinctrl: pinctrl-single: Avoid divisions in context save/restore

The divisions (and multiplications) can be avoided by changing the loops
to use increments of mux_bytes instead of 1.
While at it, remove the unneeded casts when assigning void pointers.

This saves +100 bytes of kernel size on arm32/arm64.

Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Tested-by: Keerthy <j-keerthy@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Keerthy <j-keerthy@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
19 months agopinctrl: mcp23s08: debugfs: Do not restore the INTF register
Jan Kundrát [Tue, 20 Feb 2018 18:04:47 +0000 (19:04 +0100)]
pinctrl: mcp23s08: debugfs: Do not restore the INTF register

Apart from the usual stuff, the debugfs code is currently also used for
one non-obvious side effect. It attempts to check whether the chip's
registers are still set to an expected value, and if not, re-initializes
them. It seems that the driver has "always" done so.

The code, however, also checks the INTF register which normally
indicates which pins have caused the recent interrupt. That's a volatile
register, and the datasheet says that writes are ignored in there.

When I'm just cat-ing /sys/kernel/debug/gpio with no SPI traffic and no
nosie on the GPIO lines, I'm not getting any warnings. Once I actually
use these GPIOs and cat that file in parallel, I always seem to get a:

  mcp23s08 spi1.1: restoring reg 0x07 from 0x0000 to 0xffff (power-loss?)

This might be a sign that I should not leave my unused inputs floating,
but the code should not be checking a volatile register, anyway. Let's
simply skip this last item in the iteration. I was also considering
removing this enitre re-initialization because it's non-obvious, but the
code survived various refactorings already and has sign-offs by people
who know more than I do, so let's leave it as-is. For now :).

Signed-off-by: Jan Kundrát <jan.kundrat@cesnet.cz>
Reviewed-by: Phil Reid <preid@electromag.com.au>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
19 months agopinctrl: mcp23s08: Kconfig: update to reflect supported features
Jan Kundrát [Thu, 15 Feb 2018 14:56:03 +0000 (15:56 +0100)]
pinctrl: mcp23s08: Kconfig: update to reflect supported features

Commit d8f4494e70ae removed comments which described this limitation.
The code supported interrupts even before.

Also add some spacing so that the chip IDs are a bit more readable.

Signed-off-by: Jan Kundrát <jan.kundrat@cesnet.cz>
Reviewed-by: Phil Reid <preid@electromag.com.au>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
19 months agoLinux 4.18-rc1 v4.18-rc1
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 23:04:49 +0000 (08:04 +0900)]
Linux 4.18-rc1

19 months agoMerge tag 'for-linus-20180616' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 20:37:55 +0000 (05:37 +0900)]
Merge tag 'for-linus-20180616' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block

Pull block fixes from Jens Axboe:
 "A collection of fixes that should go into -rc1. This contains:

   - bsg_open vs bsg_unregister race fix (Anatoliy)

   - NVMe pull request from Christoph, with fixes for regressions in
     this window, FC connect/reconnect path code unification, and a
     trace point addition.

   - timeout fix (Christoph)

   - remove a few unused functions (Christoph)

   - blk-mq tag_set reinit fix (Roman)"

* tag 'for-linus-20180616' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block:
  bsg: fix race of bsg_open and bsg_unregister
  block: remov blk_queue_invalidate_tags
  nvme-fabrics: fix and refine state checks in __nvmf_check_ready
  nvme-fabrics: handle the admin-only case properly in nvmf_check_ready
  nvme-fabrics: refactor queue ready check
  blk-mq: remove blk_mq_tagset_iter
  nvme: remove nvme_reinit_tagset
  nvme-fc: fix nulling of queue data on reconnect
  nvme-fc: remove reinit_request routine
  blk-mq: don't time out requests again that are in the timeout handler
  nvme-fc: change controllers first connect to use reconnect path
  nvme: don't rely on the changed namespace list log
  nvmet: free smart-log buffer after use
  nvme-rdma: fix error flow during mapping request data
  nvme: add bio remapping tracepoint
  nvme: fix NULL pointer dereference in nvme_init_subsystem
  blk-mq: reinit q->tag_set_list entry only after grace period

19 months agoMerge tag 'docs-broken-links' of git://linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 20:25:18 +0000 (05:25 +0900)]
Merge tag 'docs-broken-links' of git://linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental

Pull documentation fixes from Mauro Carvalho Chehab:
 "This solves a series of broken links for files under Documentation,
  and improves a script meant to detect such broken links (see
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check).

  The changes on this series are:

   - can.rst: fix a footnote reference;

   - crypto_engine.rst: Fix two parsing warnings;

   - Fix a lot of broken references to Documentation/*;

   - improve the scripts/documentation-file-ref-check script, in order
     to help detecting/fixing broken references, preventing
     false-positives.

  After this patch series, only 33 broken references to doc files are
  detected by scripts/documentation-file-ref-check"

* tag 'docs-broken-links' of git://linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental: (26 commits)
  fix a series of Documentation/ broken file name references
  Documentation: rstFlatTable.py: fix a broken reference
  ABI: sysfs-devices-system-cpu: remove a broken reference
  devicetree: fix a series of wrong file references
  devicetree: fix name of pinctrl-bindings.txt
  devicetree: fix some bindings file names
  MAINTAINERS: fix location of DT npcm files
  MAINTAINERS: fix location of some display DT bindings
  kernel-parameters.txt: fix pointers to sound parameters
  bindings: nvmem/zii: Fix location of nvmem.txt
  docs: Fix more broken references
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: check tools/*/Documentation
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: get rid of false-positives
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: hint: dash or underline
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: add a fix logic for DT
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: accept more wildcards at filenames
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: fix help message
  media: max2175: fix location of driver's companion documentation
  media: v4l: fix broken video4linux docs locations
  media: dvb: point to the location of the old README.dvb-usb file
  ...

19 months agoMerge tag 'fsnotify_for_v4.18-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 20:06:18 +0000 (05:06 +0900)]
Merge tag 'fsnotify_for_v4.18-rc1' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jack/linux-fs

Pull fsnotify updates from Jan Kara:
 "fsnotify cleanups unifying handling of different watch types.

  This is the shortened fsnotify series from Amir with the last five
  patches pulled out. Amir has modified those patches to not change
  struct inode but obviously it's too late for those to go into this
  merge window"

* tag 'fsnotify_for_v4.18-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jack/linux-fs:
  fsnotify: add fsnotify_add_inode_mark() wrappers
  fanotify: generalize fanotify_should_send_event()
  fsnotify: generalize send_to_group()
  fsnotify: generalize iteration of marks by object type
  fsnotify: introduce marks iteration helpers
  fsnotify: remove redundant arguments to handle_event()
  fsnotify: use type id to identify connector object type

19 months agoMerge tag 'fbdev-v4.18' of git://github.com/bzolnier/linux
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 20:00:24 +0000 (05:00 +0900)]
Merge tag 'fbdev-v4.18' of git://github.com/bzolnier/linux

Pull fbdev updates from Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz:
 "There is nothing really major here, few small fixes, some cleanups and
  dead drivers removal:

   - mark omapfb drivers as orphans in MAINTAINERS file (Tomi Valkeinen)

   - add missing module license tags to omap/omapfb driver (Arnd
     Bergmann)

   - add missing GPIOLIB dependendy to omap2/omapfb driver (Arnd
     Bergmann)

   - convert savagefb, aty128fb & radeonfb drivers to use msleep & co.
     (Jia-Ju Bai)

   - allow COMPILE_TEST build for viafb driver (media part was reviewed
     by media subsystem Maintainer)

   - remove unused MERAM support from sh_mobile_lcdcfb and shmob-drm
     drivers (drm parts were acked by shmob-drm driver Maintainer)

   - remove unused auo_k190xfb drivers

   - misc cleanups (Souptick Joarder, Wolfram Sang, Markus Elfring, Andy
     Shevchenko, Colin Ian King)"

* tag 'fbdev-v4.18' of git://github.com/bzolnier/linux: (26 commits)
  fb_omap2: add gpiolib dependency
  video/omap: add module license tags
  MAINTAINERS: make omapfb orphan
  video: fbdev: pxafb: match_string() conversion fixup
  video: fbdev: nvidia: fix spelling mistake: "scaleing" -> "scaling"
  video: fbdev: fix spelling mistake: "frambuffer" -> "framebuffer"
  video: fbdev: pxafb: Convert to use match_string() helper
  video: fbdev: via: allow COMPILE_TEST build
  video: fbdev: remove unused sh_mobile_meram driver
  drm: shmobile: remove unused MERAM support
  video: fbdev: sh_mobile_lcdcfb: remove unused MERAM support
  video: fbdev: remove unused auo_k190xfb drivers
  video: omap: Improve a size determination in omapfb_do_probe()
  video: sm501fb: Improve a size determination in sm501fb_probe()
  video: fbdev-MMP: Improve a size determination in path_init()
  video: fbdev-MMP: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in two functions
  video: auo_k190x: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in auok190x_common_probe()
  video: sh_mobile_lcdcfb: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in two functions
  video: sh_mobile_meram: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in sh_mobile_meram_probe()
  video: fbdev: sh_mobile_meram: Drop SUPERH platform dependency
  ...

19 months agoMerge branch 'afs-proc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 07:32:04 +0000 (16:32 +0900)]
Merge branch 'afs-proc' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs

Pull AFS updates from Al Viro:
 "Assorted AFS stuff - ended up in vfs.git since most of that consists
  of David's AFS-related followups to Christoph's procfs series"

* 'afs-proc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs:
  afs: Optimise callback breaking by not repeating volume lookup
  afs: Display manually added cells in dynamic root mount
  afs: Enable IPv6 DNS lookups
  afs: Show all of a server's addresses in /proc/fs/afs/servers
  afs: Handle CONFIG_PROC_FS=n
  proc: Make inline name size calculation automatic
  afs: Implement network namespacing
  afs: Mark afs_net::ws_cell as __rcu and set using rcu functions
  afs: Fix a Sparse warning in xdr_decode_AFSFetchStatus()
  proc: Add a way to make network proc files writable
  afs: Rearrange fs/afs/proc.c to remove remaining predeclarations.
  afs: Rearrange fs/afs/proc.c to move the show routines up
  afs: Rearrange fs/afs/proc.c by moving fops and open functions down
  afs: Move /proc management functions to the end of the file

19 months agoMerge branch 'work.compat' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 07:21:50 +0000 (16:21 +0900)]
Merge branch 'work.compat' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs

Pull compat updates from Al Viro:
 "Some biarch patches - getting rid of assorted (mis)uses of
  compat_alloc_user_space().

  Not much in that area this cycle..."

* 'work.compat' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs:
  orangefs: simplify compat ioctl handling
  signalfd: lift sigmask copyin and size checks to callers of do_signalfd4()
  vmsplice(): lift importing iovec into vmsplice(2) and compat counterpart

19 months agoMerge branch 'work.aio' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 07:11:40 +0000 (16:11 +0900)]
Merge branch 'work.aio' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs

Pull aio fixes from Al Viro:
 "Assorted AIO followups and fixes"

* 'work.aio' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs:
  eventpoll: switch to ->poll_mask
  aio: only return events requested in poll_mask() for IOCB_CMD_POLL
  eventfd: only return events requested in poll_mask()
  aio: mark __aio_sigset::sigmask const

19 months agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 22:39:34 +0000 (07:39 +0900)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/net

Pull networking fixes from David Miller:

 1) Various netfilter fixlets from Pablo and the netfilter team.

 2) Fix regression in IPVS caused by lack of PMTU exceptions on local
    routes in ipv6, from Julian Anastasov.

 3) Check pskb_trim_rcsum for failure in DSA, from Zhouyang Jia.

 4) Don't crash on poll in TLS, from Daniel Borkmann.

 5) Revert SO_REUSE{ADDR,PORT} change, it regresses various things
    including Avahi mDNS. From Bart Van Assche.

 6) Missing of_node_put in qcom/emac driver, from Yue Haibing.

 7) We lack checking of the TCP checking in one special case during SYN
    receive, from Frank van der Linden.

 8) Fix module init error paths of mac80211 hwsim, from Johannes Berg.

 9) Handle 802.1ad properly in stmmac driver, from Elad Nachman.

10) Must grab HW caps before doing quirk checks in stmmac driver, from
    Jose Abreu.

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net: (81 commits)
  net: stmmac: Run HWIF Quirks after getting HW caps
  neighbour: skip NTF_EXT_LEARNED entries during forced gc
  net: cxgb3: add error handling for sysfs_create_group
  tls: fix waitall behavior in tls_sw_recvmsg
  tls: fix use-after-free in tls_push_record
  l2tp: filter out non-PPP sessions in pppol2tp_tunnel_ioctl()
  l2tp: reject creation of non-PPP sessions on L2TPv2 tunnels
  mlxsw: spectrum_switchdev: Fix port_vlan refcounting
  mlxsw: spectrum_router: Align with new route replace logic
  mlxsw: spectrum_router: Allow appending to dev-only routes
  ipv6: Only emit append events for appended routes
  stmmac: added support for 802.1ad vlan stripping
  cfg80211: fix rcu in cfg80211_unregister_wdev
  mac80211: Move up init of TXQs
  mac80211_hwsim: fix module init error paths
  cfg80211: initialize sinfo in cfg80211_get_station
  nl80211: fix some kernel doc tag mistakes
  hv_netvsc: Fix the variable sizes in ipsecv2 and rsc offload
  rds: avoid unenecessary cong_update in loop transport
  l2tp: clean up stale tunnel or session in pppol2tp_connect's error path
  ...

19 months agoMerge tag 'modules-for-v4.18' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeyu...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 22:36:39 +0000 (07:36 +0900)]
Merge tag 'modules-for-v4.18' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jeyu/linux

Pull module updates from Jessica Yu:
 "Minor code cleanup and also allow sig_enforce param to be shown in
  sysfs with CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_FORCE"

* tag 'modules-for-v4.18' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeyu/linux:
  module: Allow to always show the status of modsign
  module: Do not access sig_enforce directly

19 months agoMerge branch 'for-linus-4.18-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 21:50:51 +0000 (06:50 +0900)]
Merge branch 'for-linus-4.18-rc1' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/rw/uml

Pull uml updates from Richard Weinberger:
 "Minor updates for UML:

   - fixes for our new vector network driver by Anton

   - initcall cleanup by Alexander

   - We have a new mailinglist, sourceforge.net sucks"

* 'for-linus-4.18-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rw/uml:
  um: Fix raw interface options
  um: Fix initialization of vector queues
  um: remove uml initcalls
  um: Update mailing list address

19 months agoMerge tag 'riscv-for-linus-4.18-merge_window' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 21:42:43 +0000 (06:42 +0900)]
Merge tag 'riscv-for-linus-4.18-merge_window' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/palmer/riscv-linux

Pull RISC-V updates from Palmer Dabbelt:
 "This contains some small RISC-V updates I'd like to target for 4.18.

  They are all fairly small this time. Here's a short summary, there's
  more info in the commits/merges:

   - a fix to __clear_user to respect the passed arguments.

   - enough support for the perf subsystem to work with RISC-V's ISA
     defined performance counters.

   - support for sparse and cleanups suggested by it.

   - support for R_RISCV_32 (a relocation, not the 32-bit ISA).

   - some MAINTAINERS cleanups.

   - the addition of CONFIG_HVC_RISCV_SBI to our defconfig, as it's
     always present.

  I've given these a simple build+boot test"

* tag 'riscv-for-linus-4.18-merge_window' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/palmer/riscv-linux:
  RISC-V: Add CONFIG_HVC_RISCV_SBI=y to defconfig
  RISC-V: Handle R_RISCV_32 in modules
  riscv/ftrace: Export _mcount when DYNAMIC_FTRACE isn't set
  riscv: add riscv-specific predefines to CHECKFLAGS
  riscv: split the declaration of __copy_user
  riscv: no __user for probe_kernel_address()
  riscv: use NULL instead of a plain 0
  perf: riscv: Add Document for Future Porting Guide
  perf: riscv: preliminary RISC-V support
  MAINTAINERS: Update Albert's email, he's back at Berkeley
  MAINTAINERS: Add myself as a maintainer for SiFive's drivers
  riscv: Fix the bug in memory access fixup code

19 months agoMerge tag 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 21:37:04 +0000 (06:37 +0900)]
Merge tag 'for-linus' of git://git./virt/kvm/kvm

Pull more kvm updates from Paolo Bonzini:
 "Mostly the PPC part of the release, but also switching to Arnd's fix
  for the hyperv config issue and a typo fix.

  Main PPC changes:

   - reimplement the MMIO instruction emulation

   - transactional memory support for PR KVM

   - improve radix page table handling"

* tag 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm: (63 commits)
  KVM: x86: VMX: redo fix for link error without CONFIG_HYPERV
  KVM: x86: fix typo at kvm_arch_hardware_setup comment
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Fix failure status setting in tabort. emulation
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Enable use on POWER9 bare-metal hosts in HPT mode
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Don't let PAPR guest set MSR hypervisor bit
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Fix failure status setting in treclaim. emulation
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Fix MSR setting when delivering interrupts
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Handle additional interrupt types
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Enable kvmppc_get/set_one_reg_pr() for HTM registers
  KVM: PPC: Book3S: Remove load/put vcpu for KVM_GET_REGS/KVM_SET_REGS
  KVM: PPC: Remove load/put vcpu for KVM_GET/SET_ONE_REG ioctl
  KVM: PPC: Move vcpu_load/vcpu_put down to each ioctl case in kvm_arch_vcpu_ioctl
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Enable HTM for PR KVM for KVM_CHECK_EXTENSION ioctl
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Support TAR handling for PR KVM HTM
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Add guard code to prevent returning to guest with PR=0 and Transactional state
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Add emulation for tabort. in privileged state
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Add emulation for trechkpt.
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Add emulation for treclaim.
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Restore NV regs after emulating mfspr from TM SPRs
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Always fail transactions in guest privileged state
  ...

19 months agoMerge tag 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 21:35:02 +0000 (06:35 +0900)]
Merge tag 'for_linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost

Pull virtio updates from Michael Tsirkin:
 "virtio, vhost: features, fixes

   - PCI virtual function support for virtio

   - DMA barriers for virtio strong barriers

   - bugfixes"

* tag 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost:
  virtio: update the comments for transport features
  virtio_pci: support enabling VFs
  vhost: fix info leak due to uninitialized memory
  virtio_ring: switch to dma_XX barriers for rpmsg

19 months agofix a series of Documentation/ broken file name references
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:34:32 +0000 (12:34 -0300)]
fix a series of Documentation/ broken file name references

As files move around, their previous links break. Fix the
references for them.

Acked-by: Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agoDocumentation: rstFlatTable.py: fix a broken reference
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:33:06 +0000 (12:33 -0300)]
Documentation: rstFlatTable.py: fix a broken reference

The old HOWTO was removed a long time ago. The flat table
version is not metioned elsewhere, so just get rid of the
text.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agoABI: sysfs-devices-system-cpu: remove a broken reference
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:32:05 +0000 (12:32 -0300)]
ABI: sysfs-devices-system-cpu: remove a broken reference

This file doesn't exist anymore:
Documentation/cpu-freq/user-guide.txt

As the ABI already points to Documentation/cpu-freq, just
remove the broken link and the associated text.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agodevicetree: fix a series of wrong file references
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:30:30 +0000 (12:30 -0300)]
devicetree: fix a series of wrong file references

As files got renamed, their references broke.

Manually fix a series of broken refs at the DT bindings.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agodevicetree: fix name of pinctrl-bindings.txt
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:24:41 +0000 (12:24 -0300)]
devicetree: fix name of pinctrl-bindings.txt

Rename:
pinctrl-binding.txt -> pinctrl-bindings.txt

In order to match the current name of this file.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agodevicetree: fix some bindings file names
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 12:39:01 +0000 (09:39 -0300)]
devicetree: fix some bindings file names

There were some file movements that changed the location for
some DT bindings. Fix them with:
scripts/documentation-file-ref-check --fix

After manually checking if the new file makes sense.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agoMAINTAINERS: fix location of DT npcm files
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 11:59:37 +0000 (08:59 -0300)]
MAINTAINERS: fix location of DT npcm files

The specified locations are not right. Fix the wildcard logic
to point to the correct directories.

Without that, get-maintainer won't get things right:

$ ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl --no-git-fallback --no-r --no-n --no-l -f Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/cpu-enable-method/nuvoton,npcm750-smp
robh+dt@kernel.org (maintainer:OPEN FIRMWARE AND FLATTENED DEVICE TREE BINDINGS)
mark.rutland@arm.com (maintainer:OPEN FIRMWARE AND FLATTENED DEVICE TREE BINDINGS)

After the patch, it will properly point to NPCM arch maintainers:
$ ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl --no-git-fallback --no-r --no-n --no-l -f Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/cpu-enable-method/nuvoton,npcm750-smp
avifishman70@gmail.com (supporter:ARM/NUVOTON NPCM ARCHITECTURE)
tmaimon77@gmail.com (supporter:ARM/NUVOTON NPCM ARCHITECTURE)
robh+dt@kernel.org (maintainer:OPEN FIRMWARE AND FLATTENED DEVICE TREE BINDINGS)
mark.rutland@arm.com (maintainer:OPEN FIRMWARE AND FLATTENED DEVICE TREE BINDINGS)

Cc: Avi Fishman <avifishman70@gmail.com>
Cc: Tomer Maimon <tmaimon77@gmail.com>
Cc: Patrick Venture <venture@google.com>
Cc: Nancy Yuen <yuenn@google.com>
Cc: Brendan Higgins <brendanhiggins@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agoMAINTAINERS: fix location of some display DT bindings
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 11:01:00 +0000 (08:01 -0300)]
MAINTAINERS: fix location of some display DT bindings

Those files got a manufacturer's name prepended and were moved around.
Adjust their references accordingly.

Also, due those movements, Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video
doesn't exist anymore.

Cc: David Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>
Cc: David Lechner <david@lechnology.com>
Cc: Peter Senna Tschudin <peter.senna@collabora.com>
Cc: Martin Donnelly <martin.donnelly@ge.com>
Cc: Martyn Welch <martyn.welch@collabora.co.uk>
Cc: Stefan Agner <stefan@agner.ch>
Cc: Alison Wang <alison.wang@nxp.com>
Cc: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agokernel-parameters.txt: fix pointers to sound parameters
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:43:07 +0000 (07:43 -0300)]
kernel-parameters.txt: fix pointers to sound parameters

The alsa parameters file was renamed to alsa-configuration.rst.

With regards to OSS, it got retired as a hole by  at changeset
727dede0ba8a ("sound: Retire OSS"). So, it doesn't make sense
to keep mentioning it at kernel-parameters.txt.

Fixes: 727dede0ba8a ("sound: Retire OSS")
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agobindings: nvmem/zii: Fix location of nvmem.txt
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:18:45 +0000 (07:18 -0300)]
bindings: nvmem/zii: Fix location of nvmem.txt

The location pointed there is missing "bindings/" on its path.

Acked-by: Srinivas Kandagatla <srinivas.kandagatla@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agodocs: Fix more broken references
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 8 May 2018 18:14:57 +0000 (15:14 -0300)]
docs: Fix more broken references

As we move stuff around, some doc references are broken. Fix some of
them via this script:
./scripts/documentation-file-ref-check --fix

Manually checked that produced results are valid.

Acked-by: Matthias Brugger <matthias.bgg@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Acked-by: Jeff Kirsher <jeffrey.t.kirsher@intel.com>
Acked-by: Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net>
Acked-by: Miguel Ojeda <miguel.ojeda.sandonis@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agoscripts/documentation-file-ref-check: check tools/*/Documentation
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:06:08 +0000 (11:06 -0300)]
scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: check tools/*/Documentation

Some files, like tools/memory-model/README has references to
a Documentation file that is locale to it. Handle references
that are relative to them too.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agoscripts/documentation-file-ref-check: get rid of false-positives
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:47:29 +0000 (10:47 -0300)]
scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: get rid of false-positives

Now that the number of broken refs are smaller, improve the logic
that gets rid of false-positives.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agoscripts/documentation-file-ref-check: hint: dash or underline
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:14:54 +0000 (10:14 -0300)]
scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: hint: dash or underline

Sometimes, people use dash instead of underline or vice-versa.
Try to autocorrect it.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agoscripts/documentation-file-ref-check: add a fix logic for DT
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 12:36:35 +0000 (09:36 -0300)]
scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: add a fix logic for DT

There are several links broken due to DT file movements. Add
a hint logic to seek for those changes.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agoscripts/documentation-file-ref-check: accept more wildcards at filenames
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:48:22 +0000 (07:48 -0300)]
scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: accept more wildcards at filenames

at MAINTAINERS, some filename paths use '?' and things like [7,9].
So, accept more wildcards, in order to avoid false-positives.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agoscripts/documentation-file-ref-check: fix help message
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:11:02 +0000 (07:11 -0300)]
scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: fix help message

The name of the --fix option was renamed, but it was not
changed at the quick help message.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agomedia: max2175: fix location of driver's companion documentation
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:34:51 +0000 (07:34 -0300)]
media: max2175: fix location of driver's companion documentation

There's a missing ".rst" at the doc's file name.

Acked-by: Ramesh Shanmugasundaram <Ramesh.shanmugasundaram@bp.renesas.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agomedia: v4l: fix broken video4linux docs locations
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 8 May 2018 22:41:44 +0000 (19:41 -0300)]
media: v4l: fix broken video4linux docs locations

There are several places pointing to old documentation files:

  Documentation/video4linux/API.html
  Documentation/video4linux/bttv/
  Documentation/video4linux/cx2341x/fw-encoder-api.txt
  Documentation/video4linux/m5602.txt
  Documentation/video4linux/v4l2-framework.txt
  Documentation/video4linux/videobuf
  Documentation/video4linux/Zoran

Make them point to the new location where available, removing
otherwise.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agomedia: dvb: point to the location of the old README.dvb-usb file
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 8 May 2018 21:29:30 +0000 (18:29 -0300)]
media: dvb: point to the location of the old README.dvb-usb file

This file got renamed, but the references still point to the
old place.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agomedia: dvb: fix location of get_dvb_firmware script
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 8 May 2018 21:10:05 +0000 (18:10 -0300)]
media: dvb: fix location of get_dvb_firmware script

This script was moved out of Documentation/dvb, but the
links weren't updated.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agodocs: Fix some broken references
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 8 May 2018 18:14:57 +0000 (15:14 -0300)]
docs: Fix some broken references

As we move stuff around, some doc references are broken. Fix some of
them via this script:
./scripts/documentation-file-ref-check --fix

Manually checked if the produced result is valid, removing a few
false-positives.

Acked-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Acked-by: Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Stephen Boyd <sboyd@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Charles Keepax <ckeepax@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Mathieu Poirier <mathieu.poirier@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Coly Li <colyli@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agodocs: fix broken references with multiple hints
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 8 May 2018 21:54:36 +0000 (18:54 -0300)]
docs: fix broken references with multiple hints

The script:
./scripts/documentation-file-ref-check --fix

Gives multiple hints for broken references on some files.
Manually use the one that applies for some files.

Acked-by: Steven Rostedt (VMware) <rostedt@goodmis.org>
Acked-by: James Morris <james.morris@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agonet: stmmac: Run HWIF Quirks after getting HW caps
Jose Abreu [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:17:27 +0000 (16:17 +0100)]
net: stmmac: Run HWIF Quirks after getting HW caps

Currently we were running HWIF quirks before getting HW capabilities.
This is not right because some HWIF callbacks depend on HW caps.

Lets save the quirks callback and use it in a later stage.

This fixes Altera socfpga.

Signed-off-by: Jose Abreu <joabreu@synopsys.com>
Fixes: 5f0456b43140 ("net: stmmac: Implement logic to automatically select HW Interface")
Reported-by: Dinh Nguyen <dinh.linux@gmail.com>
Cc: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Joao Pinto <jpinto@synopsys.com>
Cc: Vitor Soares <soares@synopsys.com>
Cc: Giuseppe Cavallaro <peppe.cavallaro@st.com>
Cc: Alexandre Torgue <alexandre.torgue@st.com>
Cc: Dinh Nguyen <dinh.linux@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agoneighbour: skip NTF_EXT_LEARNED entries during forced gc
Roopa Prabhu [Wed, 13 Jun 2018 04:26:10 +0000 (21:26 -0700)]
neighbour: skip NTF_EXT_LEARNED entries during forced gc

Commit 9ce33e46531d ("neighbour: support for NTF_EXT_LEARNED flag")
added support for NTF_EXT_LEARNED for neighbour entries.
NTF_EXT_LEARNED entries are neigh entries managed by control
plane (eg: Ethernet VPN implementation in FRR routing suite).
Periodic gc already excludes these entries. This patch extends
it to forced gc which the earlier patch missed.

Fixes: 9ce33e46531d ("neighbour: support for NTF_EXT_LEARNED flag")
Signed-off-by: Roopa Prabhu <roopa@cumulusnetworks.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agonet: cxgb3: add error handling for sysfs_create_group
Zhouyang Jia [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 03:06:17 +0000 (11:06 +0800)]
net: cxgb3: add error handling for sysfs_create_group

When sysfs_create_group fails, the lack of error-handling code may
cause unexpected results.

This patch adds error-handling code after calling sysfs_create_group.

Signed-off-by: Zhouyang Jia <jiazhouyang09@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agoMerge branch 'tls-fixes'
David S. Miller [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 16:14:31 +0000 (09:14 -0700)]
Merge branch 'tls-fixes'

Daniel Borkmann says:

====================
Two tls fixes

First one is syzkaller trigered uaf and second one noticed
while writing test code with tls ulp. For details please see
individual patches.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agotls: fix waitall behavior in tls_sw_recvmsg
Daniel Borkmann [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 01:07:46 +0000 (03:07 +0200)]
tls: fix waitall behavior in tls_sw_recvmsg

Current behavior in tls_sw_recvmsg() is to wait for incoming tls
messages and copy up to exactly len bytes of data that the user
provided. This is problematic in the sense that i) if no packet
is currently queued in strparser we keep waiting until one has been
processed and pushed into tls receive layer for tls_wait_data() to
wake up and push the decrypted bits to user space. Given after
tls decryption, we're back at streaming data, use sock_rcvlowat()
hint from tcp socket instead. Retain current behavior with MSG_WAITALL
flag and otherwise use the hint target for breaking the loop and
returning to application. This is done if currently no ctx->recv_pkt
is ready, otherwise continue to process it from our strparser
backlog.

Fixes: c46234ebb4d1 ("tls: RX path for ktls")
Signed-off-by: Daniel Borkmann <daniel@iogearbox.net>
Acked-by: Dave Watson <davejwatson@fb.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agotls: fix use-after-free in tls_push_record
Daniel Borkmann [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 01:07:45 +0000 (03:07 +0200)]
tls: fix use-after-free in tls_push_record

syzkaller managed to trigger a use-after-free in tls like the
following:

  BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in tls_push_record.constprop.15+0x6a2/0x810 [tls]
  Write of size 1 at addr ffff88037aa08000 by task a.out/2317

  CPU: 3 PID: 2317 Comm: a.out Not tainted 4.17.0+ #144
  Hardware name: LENOVO 20FBCTO1WW/20FBCTO1WW, BIOS N1FET47W (1.21 ) 11/28/2016
  Call Trace:
   dump_stack+0x71/0xab
   print_address_description+0x6a/0x280
   kasan_report+0x258/0x380
   ? tls_push_record.constprop.15+0x6a2/0x810 [tls]
   tls_push_record.constprop.15+0x6a2/0x810 [tls]
   tls_sw_push_pending_record+0x2e/0x40 [tls]
   tls_sk_proto_close+0x3fe/0x710 [tls]
   ? tcp_check_oom+0x4c0/0x4c0
   ? tls_write_space+0x260/0x260 [tls]
   ? kmem_cache_free+0x88/0x1f0
   inet_release+0xd6/0x1b0
   __sock_release+0xc0/0x240
   sock_close+0x11/0x20
   __fput+0x22d/0x660
   task_work_run+0x114/0x1a0
   do_exit+0x71a/0x2780
   ? mm_update_next_owner+0x650/0x650
   ? handle_mm_fault+0x2f5/0x5f0
   ? __do_page_fault+0x44f/0xa50
   ? mm_fault_error+0x2d0/0x2d0
   do_group_exit+0xde/0x300
   __x64_sys_exit_group+0x3a/0x50
   do_syscall_64+0x9a/0x300
   ? page_fault+0x8/0x30
   entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9

This happened through fault injection where aead_req allocation in
tls_do_encryption() eventually failed and we returned -ENOMEM from
the function. Turns out that the use-after-free is triggered from
tls_sw_sendmsg() in the second tls_push_record(). The error then
triggers a jump to waiting for memory in sk_stream_wait_memory()
resp. returning immediately in case of MSG_DONTWAIT. What follows is
the trim_both_sgl(sk, orig_size), which drops elements from the sg
list added via tls_sw_sendmsg(). Now the use-after-free gets triggered
when the socket is being closed, where tls_sk_proto_close() callback
is invoked. The tls_complete_pending_work() will figure that there's
a pending closed tls record to be flushed and thus calls into the
tls_push_pending_closed_record() from there. ctx->push_pending_record()
is called from the latter, which is the tls_sw_push_pending_record()
from sw path. This again calls into tls_push_record(). And here the
tls_fill_prepend() will panic since the buffer address has been freed
earlier via trim_both_sgl(). One way to fix it is to move the aead
request allocation out of tls_do_encryption() early into tls_push_record().
This means we don't prep the tls header and advance state to the
TLS_PENDING_CLOSED_RECORD before allocation which could potentially
fail happened. That fixes the issue on my side.

Fixes: 3c4d7559159b ("tls: kernel TLS support")
Reported-by: syzbot+5c74af81c547738e1684@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
Reported-by: syzbot+709f2810a6a05f11d4d3@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
Signed-off-by: Daniel Borkmann <daniel@iogearbox.net>
Acked-by: Dave Watson <davejwatson@fb.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agoMerge branch 'l2tp-l2tp_ppp-must-ignore-non-PPP-sessions'
David S. Miller [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 16:12:37 +0000 (09:12 -0700)]
Merge branch 'l2tp-l2tp_ppp-must-ignore-non-PPP-sessions'

Guillaume Nault says:

====================
l2tp: l2tp_ppp must ignore non-PPP sessions

The original L2TP code was written for version 2 of the protocol, which
could only carry PPP sessions. Then L2TPv3 generalised the protocol so that
it could transport different kinds of pseudo-wires. But parts of the
l2tp_ppp module still break in presence of non-PPP sessions.

Assuming L2TPv2 tunnels can only transport PPP sessions is right, but
l2tp_netlink failed to ensure that (fixed in patch 1).
When retrieving a session from an arbitrary tunnel, l2tp_ppp needs to
filter out non-PPP sessions (last occurrence fixed in patch 2).
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agol2tp: filter out non-PPP sessions in pppol2tp_tunnel_ioctl()
Guillaume Nault [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:39:19 +0000 (15:39 +0200)]
l2tp: filter out non-PPP sessions in pppol2tp_tunnel_ioctl()

pppol2tp_tunnel_ioctl() can act on an L2TPv3 tunnel, in which case
'session' may be an Ethernet pseudo-wire.

However, pppol2tp_session_ioctl() expects a PPP pseudo-wire, as it
assumes l2tp_session_priv() points to a pppol2tp_session structure. For
an Ethernet pseudo-wire l2tp_session_priv() points to an l2tp_eth_sess
structure instead, making pppol2tp_session_ioctl() access invalid
memory.

Fixes: d9e31d17ceba ("l2tp: Add L2TP ethernet pseudowire support")
Signed-off-by: Guillaume Nault <g.nault@alphalink.fr>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agol2tp: reject creation of non-PPP sessions on L2TPv2 tunnels
Guillaume Nault [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:39:17 +0000 (15:39 +0200)]
l2tp: reject creation of non-PPP sessions on L2TPv2 tunnels

The /proc/net/pppol2tp handlers (pppol2tp_seq_*()) iterate over all
L2TPv2 tunnels, and rightfully expect that only PPP sessions can be
found there. However, l2tp_netlink accepts creating Ethernet sessions
regardless of the underlying tunnel version.

This confuses pppol2tp_seq_session_show(), which expects that
l2tp_session_priv() returns a pppol2tp_session structure. When the
session is an Ethernet pseudo-wire, a struct l2tp_eth_sess is returned
instead. This leads to invalid memory access when
pppol2tp_session_get_sock() later tries to dereference ps->sk.

Fixes: d9e31d17ceba ("l2tp: Add L2TP ethernet pseudowire support")
Signed-off-by: Guillaume Nault <g.nault@alphalink.fr>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agoMerge branch 'mlxsw-IPv6-and-reference-counting-fixes'
David S. Miller [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 16:11:17 +0000 (09:11 -0700)]
Merge branch 'mlxsw-IPv6-and-reference-counting-fixes'

Ido Schimmel says:

====================
mlxsw: IPv6 and reference counting fixes

The first three patches fix a mismatch between the new IPv6 behavior
introduced in commit f34436a43092 ("net/ipv6: Simplify route replace and
appending into multipath route") and mlxsw. The patches allow the driver
to support multipathing in IPv6 overlays with GRE tunnel devices. A
selftest will be submitted when net-next opens.

The last patch fixes a reference count problem of the port_vlan struct.
I plan to simplify the code in net-next, so that reference counting is
not necessary anymore.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agomlxsw: spectrum_switchdev: Fix port_vlan refcounting
Petr Machata [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:23:38 +0000 (16:23 +0300)]
mlxsw: spectrum_switchdev: Fix port_vlan refcounting

Switchdev notifications for addition of SWITCHDEV_OBJ_ID_PORT_VLAN are
distributed not only on clean addition, but also when flags on an
existing VLAN are changed. mlxsw_sp_bridge_port_vlan_add() calls
mlxsw_sp_port_vlan_get() to get at the port_vlan in question, which
implicitly references the object. This then leads to discrepancies in
reference counting when the VLAN is removed. spectrum.c warns about the
problem when the module is removed:

[13578.493090] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 2454 at drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/spectrum.c:2973 mlxsw_sp_port_remove+0xfd/0x110 [mlxsw_spectrum]
[...]
[13578.627106] Call Trace:
[13578.629617]  mlxsw_sp_fini+0x2a/0xe0 [mlxsw_spectrum]
[13578.634748]  mlxsw_core_bus_device_unregister+0x3e/0x130 [mlxsw_core]
[13578.641290]  mlxsw_pci_remove+0x13/0x40 [mlxsw_pci]
[13578.646238]  pci_device_remove+0x31/0xb0
[13578.650244]  device_release_driver_internal+0x14f/0x220
[13578.655562]  driver_detach+0x32/0x70
[13578.659183]  bus_remove_driver+0x47/0xa0
[13578.663134]  pci_unregister_driver+0x1e/0x80
[13578.667486]  mlxsw_sp_module_exit+0xc/0x3fa [mlxsw_spectrum]
[13578.673207]  __x64_sys_delete_module+0x13b/0x1e0
[13578.677888]  ? exit_to_usermode_loop+0x78/0x80
[13578.682374]  do_syscall_64+0x39/0xe0
[13578.685976]  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9

Fix by putting the port_vlan when mlxsw_sp_port_vlan_bridge_join()
determines it's a flag-only change.

Fixes: b3529af6bb0d ("spectrum: Reference count VLAN entries")
Signed-off-by: Petr Machata <petrm@mellanox.com>
Acked-by: Jiri Pirko <jiri@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Ido Schimmel <idosch@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agomlxsw: spectrum_router: Align with new route replace logic
Ido Schimmel [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:23:37 +0000 (16:23 +0300)]
mlxsw: spectrum_router: Align with new route replace logic

Commit f34436a43092 ("net/ipv6: Simplify route replace and appending
into multipath route") changed the IPv6 route replace logic so that the
first matching route (i.e., same metric) is replaced.

Have mlxsw replace the first matching route as well.

Fixes: f34436a43092 ("net/ipv6: Simplify route replace and appending into multipath route")
Signed-off-by: Ido Schimmel <idosch@mellanox.com>
Acked-by: Jiri Pirko <jiri@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agomlxsw: spectrum_router: Allow appending to dev-only routes
Ido Schimmel [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:23:36 +0000 (16:23 +0300)]
mlxsw: spectrum_router: Allow appending to dev-only routes

Commit f34436a43092 ("net/ipv6: Simplify route replace and appending
into multipath route") changed the IPv6 route append logic so that
dev-only routes can be appended and not only gatewayed routes.

Align mlxsw with the new behaviour.

Fixes: f34436a43092 ("net/ipv6: Simplify route replace and appending into multipath route")
Signed-off-by: Ido Schimmel <idosch@mellanox.com>
Acked-by: Jiri Pirko <jiri@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agoipv6: Only emit append events for appended routes
Ido Schimmel [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:23:35 +0000 (16:23 +0300)]
ipv6: Only emit append events for appended routes

Current code will emit an append event in the FIB notification chain for
any route added with NLM_F_APPEND set, even if the route was not
appended to any existing route.

This is inconsistent with IPv4 where such an event is only emitted when
the new route is appended after an existing one.

Align IPv6 behavior with IPv4, thereby allowing listeners to more easily
handle these events.

Fixes: f34436a43092 ("net/ipv6: Simplify route replace and appending into multipath route")
Signed-off-by: Ido Schimmel <idosch@mellanox.com>
Acked-by: Jiri Pirko <jiri@mellanox.com>
Acked-by: David Ahern <dsahern@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agoMerge tag 'mac80211-for-davem-2018-06-15' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kerne...
David S. Miller [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 16:08:26 +0000 (09:08 -0700)]
Merge tag 'mac80211-for-davem-2018-06-15' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jberg/mac80211

Johannes Berg says:

====================
A handful of fixes:
 * missing RCU grace period enforcement led to drivers freeing
   data structures before; fix from Dedy Lansky.
 * hwsim module init error paths were messed up; fixed it myself
   after a report from Colin King (who had sent a partial patch)
 * kernel-doc tag errors; fix from Luca Coelho
 * initialize the on-stack sinfo data structure when getting
   station information; fix from Sven Eckelmann
 * TXQ state dumping is now done from init, and when TXQs aren't
   initialized yet at that point, bad things happen, move the
   initialization; fix from Toke Høiland-Jørgensen.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agostmmac: added support for 802.1ad vlan stripping
Elad Nachman [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 06:57:39 +0000 (09:57 +0300)]
stmmac: added support for 802.1ad vlan stripping

stmmac reception handler calls stmmac_rx_vlan() to strip the vlan before
calling napi_gro_receive().

The function assumes VLAN tagged frames are always tagged with
802.1Q protocol, and assigns ETH_P_8021Q to the skb by hard-coding
the parameter on call to __vlan_hwaccel_put_tag() .

This causes packets not to be passed to the VLAN slave if it was created
with 802.1AD protocol
(ip link add link eth0 eth0.100 type vlan proto 802.1ad id 100).

This fix passes the protocol from the VLAN header into
__vlan_hwaccel_put_tag() instead of using the hard-coded value of
ETH_P_8021Q.

NETIF_F_HW_VLAN_STAG_RX check was added and the strip action is now
dependent on the correct combination of features and the detected vlan tag.

NETIF_F_HW_VLAN_STAG_RX feature was added to be in line with the driver
actual abilities.

Signed-off-by: Elad Nachman <eladn@gilat.com>
Reviewed-by: Toshiaki Makita <makita.toshiaki@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
19 months agoarch/*: Kconfig: fix documentation for NMI watchdog
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Wed, 9 May 2018 02:44:08 +0000 (23:44 -0300)]
arch/*: Kconfig: fix documentation for NMI watchdog

Changeset 9919cba7ff71 ("watchdog: Update documentation") updated
the documentation, removing the old nmi_watchdog.txt and adding
a file with a new content.

Update Kconfig files accordingly.

Fixes: 9919cba7ff71 ("watchdog: Update documentation")

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agodocs: crypto_engine.rst: Fix two parse warnings
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sun, 6 May 2018 17:30:09 +0000 (14:30 -0300)]
docs: crypto_engine.rst: Fix two parse warnings

./Documentation/crypto/crypto_engine.rst:13: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
./Documentation/crypto/crypto_engine.rst:15: WARNING: Block quote ends without a blank line; unexpected unindent.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agodocs: can.rst: fix a footnote reference
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Sun, 6 May 2018 15:00:11 +0000 (12:00 -0300)]
docs: can.rst: fix a footnote reference

As stated at:
http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/restructuredtext/basics.html#footnotes

A footnote should contain either a number, a reference or
an auto number, e. g.:
        [1], [#f1] or [#].

While using [*] accidentaly works for html, it fails for other
document outputs. In particular, it causes an error with LaTeX
output, causing all books after networking to not be built.

So, replace it by a valid syntax.

Acked-by: Oliver Hartkopp <socketcan@hartkopp.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
19 months agoafs: Optimise callback breaking by not repeating volume lookup
David Howells [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 14:24:50 +0000 (15:24 +0100)]
afs: Optimise callback breaking by not repeating volume lookup

At the moment, afs_break_callbacks calls afs_break_one_callback() for each
separate FID it was given, and the latter looks up the volume individually
for each one.

However, this is inefficient if two or more FIDs have the same vid as we
could reuse the volume.  This is complicated by cell aliasing whereby we
may have multiple cells sharing a volume and can therefore have multiple
callback interests for any particular volume ID.

At the moment afs_break_one_callback() scans the entire list of volumes
we're getting from a server and breaks the appropriate callback in every
matching volume, regardless of cell.  This scan is done for every FID.

Optimise callback breaking by the following means:

 (1) Sort the FID list by vid so that all FIDs belonging to the same volume
     are clumped together.

     This is done through the use of an indirection table as we cannot do
     an insertion sort on the afs_callback_break array as we decode FIDs
     into it as we subsequently also have to decode callback info into it
     that corresponds by array index only.

     We also don't really want to bubblesort afterwards if we can avoid it.

 (2) Sort the server->cb_interests array by vid so that all the matching
     volumes are grouped together.  This permits the scan to stop after
     finding a record that has a higher vid.

 (3) When breaking FIDs, we try to keep server->cb_break_lock as long as
     possible, caching the start point in the array for that volume group
     as long as possible.

     It might make sense to add another layer in that list and have a
     refcounted volume ID anchor that has the matching interests attached
     to it rather than being in the list.  This would allow the lock to be
     dropped without losing the cursor.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
19 months agoafs: Display manually added cells in dynamic root mount
David Howells [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 14:19:22 +0000 (15:19 +0100)]
afs: Display manually added cells in dynamic root mount

Alter the dynroot mount so that cells created by manipulation of
/proc/fs/afs/cells and /proc/fs/afs/rootcell and by specification of a root
cell as a module parameter will cause directories for those cells to be
created in the dynamic root superblock for the network namespace[*].

To this end:

 (1) Only one dynamic root superblock is now created per network namespace
     and this is shared between all attempts to mount it.  This makes it
     easier to find the superblock to modify.

 (2) When a dynamic root superblock is created, the list of cells is walked
     and directories created for each cell already defined.

 (3) When a new cell is added, if a dynamic root superblock exists, a
     directory is created for it.

 (4) When a cell is destroyed, the directory is removed.

 (5) These directories are created by calling lookup_one_len() on the root
     dir which automatically creates them if they don't exist.

[*] Inasmuch as network namespaces are currently supported here.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
19 months agoafs: Enable IPv6 DNS lookups
David Howells [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 14:19:10 +0000 (15:19 +0100)]
afs: Enable IPv6 DNS lookups

Remove the restriction on DNS lookup upcalls that prevents ipv6 addresses
from being looked up.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
19 months agobsg: fix race of bsg_open and bsg_unregister
Anatoliy Glagolev [Wed, 13 Jun 2018 21:38:51 +0000 (15:38 -0600)]
bsg: fix race of bsg_open and bsg_unregister

The existing implementation allows races between bsg_unregister and
bsg_open paths. bsg_unregister and request_queue cleanup and deletion
may start and complete right after bsg_get_device (in bsg_open path)
retrieves bsg_class_device and releases the mutex. Then bsg_open path
touches freed memory of bsg_class_device and request_queue.

One possible fix is to hold the mutex all the way through bsg_get_device
instead of releasing it after bsg_class_device retrieval.

Reviewed-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-Off-By: Anatoliy Glagolev <glagolig@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>
19 months agoblock: remov blk_queue_invalidate_tags
Christoph Hellwig [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 11:55:07 +0000 (13:55 +0200)]
block: remov blk_queue_invalidate_tags

This function is entirely unused, so remove it and the tag_queue_busy
member of struct request_queue.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>
19 months agoMerge branch 'nvme-4.18' of git://git.infradead.org/nvme into for-linus
Jens Axboe [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 14:11:05 +0000 (08:11 -0600)]
Merge branch 'nvme-4.18' of git://git.infradead.org/nvme into for-linus

Pull NVMe fixes from Christoph:

"Fix various little regressions introduced in this merge window, plus
 a rework of the fibre channel connect and reconnect path to share the
 code instead of having separate sets of bugs. Last but not least a
 trivial trace point addition from Hannes."

* 'nvme-4.18' of git://git.infradead.org/nvme:
  nvme-fabrics: fix and refine state checks in __nvmf_check_ready
  nvme-fabrics: handle the admin-only case properly in nvmf_check_ready
  nvme-fabrics: refactor queue ready check
  blk-mq: remove blk_mq_tagset_iter
  nvme: remove nvme_reinit_tagset
  nvme-fc: fix nulling of queue data on reconnect
  nvme-fc: remove reinit_request routine
  nvme-fc: change controllers first connect to use reconnect path
  nvme: don't rely on the changed namespace list log
  nvmet: free smart-log buffer after use
  nvme-rdma: fix error flow during mapping request data
  nvme: add bio remapping tracepoint
  nvme: fix NULL pointer dereference in nvme_init_subsystem

19 months agocfg80211: fix rcu in cfg80211_unregister_wdev
Dedy Lansky [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 11:05:01 +0000 (13:05 +0200)]
cfg80211: fix rcu in cfg80211_unregister_wdev

Callers of cfg80211_unregister_wdev can free the wdev object
immediately after this function returns. This may crash the kernel
because this wdev object is still in use by other threads.
Add synchronize_rcu() after list_del_rcu to make sure wdev object can
be safely freed.

Signed-off-by: Dedy Lansky <dlansky@codeaurora.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
19 months agomac80211: Move up init of TXQs
Toke Høiland-Jørgensen [Fri, 25 May 2018 12:29:21 +0000 (14:29 +0200)]
mac80211: Move up init of TXQs

On init, ieee80211_if_add() dumps the interface. Since that now includes a
dump of the TXQ state, we need to initialise that before the dump happens.
So move up the TXQ initialisation to to before the call to
ieee80211_if_add().

Fixes: 52539ca89f36 ("cfg80211: Expose TXQ stats and parameters to userspace")
Reported-by: Niklas Cassel <niklas.cassel@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke@toke.dk>
Tested-by: Niklas Cassel <niklas.cassel@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
19 months agomac80211_hwsim: fix module init error paths
Johannes Berg [Tue, 29 May 2018 10:04:51 +0000 (12:04 +0200)]
mac80211_hwsim: fix module init error paths

We didn't free the workqueue on any errors, nor did we
correctly check for rhashtable allocation errors, nor
did we free the hashtable on error.

Reported-by: Colin King <colin.king@canonical.com>
Reported-by: Dan Carpenter <dan.carpenter@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes.berg@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
19 months agocfg80211: initialize sinfo in cfg80211_get_station
Sven Eckelmann [Wed, 6 Jun 2018 08:53:55 +0000 (10:53 +0200)]
cfg80211: initialize sinfo in cfg80211_get_station

Most of the implementations behind cfg80211_get_station will not initialize
sinfo to zero before manipulating it. For example, the member "filled",
which indicates the filled in parts of this struct, is often only modified
by enabling certain bits in the bitfield while keeping the remaining bits
in their original state. A caller without a preinitialized sinfo.filled can
then no longer decide which parts of sinfo were filled in by
cfg80211_get_station (or actually the underlying implementations).

cfg80211_get_station must therefore take care that sinfo is initialized to
zero. Otherwise, the caller may tries to read information which was not
filled in and which must therefore also be considered uninitialized. In
batadv_v_elp_get_throughput's case, an invalid "random" expected throughput
may be stored for this neighbor and thus the B.A.T.M.A.N V algorithm may
switch to non-optimal neighbors for certain destinations.

Fixes: 7406353d43c8 ("cfg80211: implement cfg80211_get_station cfg80211 API")
Reported-by: Thomas Lauer <holminateur@gmail.com>
Reported-by: Marcel Schmidt <ff.z-casparistrasse@mailbox.org>
Cc: b.a.t.m.a.n@lists.open-mesh.org
Signed-off-by: Sven Eckelmann <sven@narfation.org>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
19 months agonl80211: fix some kernel doc tag mistakes
Luca Coelho [Fri, 8 Jun 2018 07:04:47 +0000 (10:04 +0300)]
nl80211: fix some kernel doc tag mistakes

There is a bunch of tags marking constants with &, which means struct
or enum name.  Replace them with %, which is the correct tag for
constants.

Signed-off-by: Luca Coelho <luciano.coelho@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>