sfrench/cifs-2.6.git
11 years agoMXC : update i.MX21 clock support for USB host.
Martin Fuzzey [Sat, 6 Jun 2009 14:36:44 +0000 (16:36 +0200)]
MXC : update i.MX21 clock support for USB host.

* Use correct clkdev style usb clock name
* Implement rate setting for USB clock
* Introduce _clk_generic_round_rate to factorize the (now 3) uses of rounding code.

Signed-off-by: Martin Fuzzey <mfuzzey@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoPATCH] mx27pdk: rename mxc_map_io to mx27_map_io
Simon POLETTE [Thu, 4 Jun 2009 10:09:01 +0000 (12:09 +0200)]
PATCH] mx27pdk: rename mxc_map_io to mx27_map_io

Hi,
Fixed issue in the mxc-master head :

Signed-off-by: Simon POLETTE <spolette@adnlysd018.(none)>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomxc: Add i.MX27LITE board support
Daniel Schaeffer [Wed, 3 Jun 2009 21:23:54 +0000 (17:23 -0400)]
mxc: Add i.MX27LITE board support

Sascha Hauer wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 04:18:42PM -0400, Daniel Schaeffer wrote:
>> Add basic support for the Logic i.MX27LITE board.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Daniel Schaeffer <daniel.schaeffer@timesys.com>
>
> Besides the comment made by Fabio this looks ok to me.
>
> Sascha
>
>

Fixed issues pointed out by Fabio and Magnus, and rebased to mxc-master head.

Signed-off-by: Daniel Schaeffer <daniel.schaeffer@timesys.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMX35: Add basic support for MX35PDK board
Fabio Estevam [Wed, 3 Jun 2009 00:24:16 +0000 (17:24 -0700)]
MX35: Add basic support for MX35PDK board

Add basic support for MX35PDK board (www.freescale.com/imx35pdk).

Signed-off-by: Fabio Estevam <fabio.estevam@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoSupport for lilly-1131 modules and baseboards [v2]
Daniel Mack [Sun, 31 May 2009 10:57:22 +0000 (12:57 +0200)]
Support for lilly-1131 modules and baseboards [v2]

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 08:42:23PM +0200, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> > > Mail-Followup-To: Daniel Mack <daniel@caiaq.de>,
> > >  linux-arm-kernel@lists.arm.linux.org.uk
> >
> > ... which causes my mutt to only reply to the list.
>
> Ah, ok. /me hacking in muttrc... Does it work now?

Yep :)

> >   mxc_register_device(&mxc_uart_device0, &uart_pdata);
> > + mxc_register_device(&mxc_uart_device1, &uart_pdata);
> > + mxc_register_device(&mxc_uart_device2, &uart_pdata);
>
> What about the RXD3/TXD3 pins?

You're right - I got the IOMUX tables wrong and thought UART0 pins are
selected unconditionally. But as it turns out TXD1/RXD1 is for UART0
(mxc_uart_device0), TXD2/RXD2 for UART1 (mxc_uart_device1) etc.

Below is a new patch.

Thanks,
Daniel

From e7eb5fa0fed09d667a4b2f168fe466e2cc645abb Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Daniel Mack <daniel@caiaq.de>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:22:51 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] ARM: MX3: add two more UARTs to lilly-1131-db

Signed-off-by: Daniel Mack <daniel@caiaq.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx31: correct csi_clk parent (v2)
Valentin Longchamp [Thu, 28 May 2009 14:46:21 +0000 (16:46 +0200)]
mx31: correct csi_clk parent (v2)

changes since v1: we now check if the parent configuration bit was
changed since reset and change the parent when needed.

csi_clk parent was defined with ahb_clk. However, according to the
m31 reference manual, it should be serial_pll_clk.

Guennadi always used a 20 MHz clock that was by chance changed to
a 45 MHz that fits in the mt9t031 spec. Now the clocks are computed
and output correctly (measured on oscillo).

Signed-off-by: Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@epfl.ch>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMX3: Add missing entry in devices.h
Fabio Estevam [Wed, 27 May 2009 20:51:24 +0000 (13:51 -0700)]
MX3: Add missing entry in devices.h

Add missing mxc_rnga_device entry in devices.h (mxc-master tree).

Signed-off-by: Fabio Estevam <fabio.estevam@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoARM MXC: Atmark Armadillo 500 board support.
Alberto Panizzo [Mon, 25 May 2009 20:35:38 +0000 (22:35 +0200)]
ARM MXC: Atmark Armadillo 500 board support.

On Mon, 25 May 2009 18:33:28 +0200
Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@epfl.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have updated my mxc git tree and given a compilation spin to your
> board support and I have comments. See below.
>

>
> What's the point of declaring this new function, if all it does is
> calling the already existing one ? Furthermore, in the current
> mxc-master tree, mxc_map_io() does not exist anymore, it should be
> mx31_map_io (this breaks compilation for your board).
>

This patch solve those two issues. Until now i based my patches to
vanilla tree. This evening I cloned the mxc-master tree so i could
update the armadillo 500 support within recent platform changes.

The patch:

From e986a8dc262e5292350d95bf65ead75baf3272d7 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Alberto Panizzo <maramaopercheseimorto@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 22:24:03 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Armadillo 500 removing useless function armadillo5x0_map_io
and use machine specific io mapping

Signed-off-by: Alberto Panizzo <maramaopercheseimorto@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoARM: MX3: add I2C support for lilly-1131
Daniel Mack [Wed, 20 May 2009 17:54:39 +0000 (19:54 +0200)]
ARM: MX3: add I2C support for lilly-1131

Signed-off-by: Daniel Mack <daniel@caiaq.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoARM: MX3: add NOR flash support for lilly-1131
Daniel Mack [Wed, 20 May 2009 17:54:38 +0000 (19:54 +0200)]
ARM: MX3: add NOR flash support for lilly-1131

Signed-off-by: Daniel Mack <daniel@caiaq.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoARM: MX3: add framebuffer support for lilly1131-db
Daniel Mack [Wed, 20 May 2009 17:54:37 +0000 (19:54 +0200)]
ARM: MX3: add framebuffer support for lilly1131-db

Signed-off-by: Daniel Mack <daniel@caiaq.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoARM: MX3: add MMC suuport for lilly1131-db
Daniel Mack [Wed, 20 May 2009 17:54:36 +0000 (19:54 +0200)]
ARM: MX3: add MMC suuport for lilly1131-db

Signed-off-by: Daniel Mack <daniel@caiaq.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoARM: MX3: add lilly-1131 ethernet support
Daniel Mack [Wed, 20 May 2009 17:54:35 +0000 (19:54 +0200)]
ARM: MX3: add lilly-1131 ethernet support

This adds support for the SMSC911x chip found on the lilly-1131 module.

Signed-off-by: Daniel Mack <daniel@caiaq.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoARM: MX3: add skeleton for lilly-1131 development board
Daniel Mack [Wed, 20 May 2009 17:54:34 +0000 (19:54 +0200)]
ARM: MX3: add skeleton for lilly-1131 development board

Support code for lilly-1131 is implemented in a module/baseboard
fashion. All code specific to peripherals found on the development board
will go to this file.

Signed-off-by: Daniel Mack <daniel@caiaq.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoARM: MX3: basic support for lilly-1131 board
Daniel Mack [Wed, 20 May 2009 17:54:33 +0000 (19:54 +0200)]
ARM: MX3: basic support for lilly-1131 board

This patch adds basic support for INCO startec's LILLY-1131 iMX31 based
modules. The module needs a baseboard support to work which will be
added in the next patch.

Signed-off-by: Daniel Mack <daniel@caiaq.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agofix oops when using console=ttymxcN with N > 0
Eric Lammerts [Wed, 20 May 2009 00:53:20 +0000 (20:53 -0400)]
fix oops when using console=ttymxcN with N > 0

Signed-off-by: Eric Lammerts <eric@lammerts.org>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoi.MX31: Add support for LAN9217 on PDK debug board.
Magnus Lilja [Mon, 18 May 2009 16:46:33 +0000 (18:46 +0200)]
i.MX31: Add support for LAN9217 on PDK debug board.

Signed-off-by: Magnus Lilja <lilja.magnus@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoAtmark Armadillo 500 board support.
Alberto Panizzo [Tue, 19 May 2009 08:01:03 +0000 (10:01 +0200)]
Atmark Armadillo 500 board support.

Signed-off-by: Alberto Panizzo <maramaopercheseimorto@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoi.MX31: Add support for the CPLD on PDK Debug board.
Magnus Lilja [Sun, 17 May 2009 18:18:08 +0000 (20:18 +0200)]
i.MX31: Add support for the CPLD on PDK Debug board.

The i.MX31 PDK consists of several boards, one of them is a debug
board containing a CPLD which controls some debug leds, switch
buttons, an interrupt chip and an Ethernet controller.
This patch adds support for detecting if the PDK board is present
(during boot) and adds the interrupt chip to the kernel.

Signed-off-by: Magnus Lilja <lilja.magnus@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx3fb: Issue prettier log message
Sascha Hauer [Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:27:37 +0000 (20:27 +0100)]
mx3fb: Issue prettier log message

Without this patch we end up with a log message like
"mx3_sdc_fb mx3_sdc_fb: mx3fb: fb registered". That's two fb
too much for my taste.

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoi.MX31: Restructure UART setup for PDK board.
Magnus Lilja [Sat, 16 May 2009 10:43:10 +0000 (12:43 +0200)]
i.MX31: Restructure UART setup for PDK board.

Restructure UART pin setup in preparation for adding other pins
in later patches.

Signed-off-by: Magnus Lilja <lilja.magnus@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoARM MXC: Make-sure-ipg_per_clk-is-generated-by-ipg_clk-and-not-usb_pll
Alberto Panizzo [Fri, 15 May 2009 16:48:13 +0000 (18:48 +0200)]
ARM MXC: Make-sure-ipg_per_clk-is-generated-by-ipg_clk-and-not-usb_pll

From ff1fd9d7015d9b9ad3e0df2016d0415e2719747c Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Alberto Panizzo <maramaopercheseimorto@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 17:21:21 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Make sure ipg_per_clk is generated by ipg_clk and not usb_pll

Signed-off-by: Alberto Panizzo <maramaopercheseimorto@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoi.MX31: Add NAND device driver for Litekit board.
Magnus Lilja [Mon, 4 May 2009 20:18:09 +0000 (22:18 +0200)]
i.MX31: Add NAND device driver for Litekit board.

Signed-off-by: Magnus Lilja <lilja.magnus@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoFB: fix unsafe use of disable_irq() in mx3fb.c
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Tue, 12 May 2009 19:41:03 +0000 (21:41 +0200)]
FB: fix unsafe use of disable_irq() in mx3fb.c

mx3fb.c calls disable_irq() from a DMA callback, i.e., in an IRQ-handler
context, which has always been unsafe, and became deadly after the merge of
threaded interrupt handler support. Use disable_irq_nosync() instead.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx31: changed CONSISTENT_DMA_SIZE to 8M for mx31 video
Valentin Longchamp [Wed, 6 May 2009 09:54:48 +0000 (11:54 +0200)]
mx31: changed CONSISTENT_DMA_SIZE to 8M for mx31 video

Signed-off-by: Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@epfl.ch>
Acked-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx31: add camera device
Valentin Longchamp [Thu, 7 May 2009 09:51:42 +0000 (11:51 +0200)]
mx31: add camera device

This adds the camera device based on Guennadi's soc_camera architecture
for the mx31.

The proposed init by Guennadi was removed and must be implemented in the
board init file as it contains a lot of board specific info (memory
size, clock speed).

Signed-off-by: Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@epfl.ch>
Reviewed-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx31moboard: add support for usb OTG device (v3)
Valentin Longchamp [Wed, 6 May 2009 09:45:36 +0000 (11:45 +0200)]
mx31moboard: add support for usb OTG device (v3)

This is used on all board of our system, so again this is done in the
mx31moboard.c file.

changes since v2: call to gpio_request added in platform code, and
moved device initialization in baseboard files.

changes since v1: pins are claimed in another patch

Signed-off-by: Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@epfl.ch>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx31: calls to gpio_request moved into platform code
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 6 May 2009 10:55:50 +0000 (12:55 +0200)]
mx31: calls to gpio_request moved into platform code

In order to use the gpiolib, we now have to call gpio_request in
the plaform code since it is not done in iomux code anymore.

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx31: remove gpio_request calls from iomux code
Valentin Longchamp [Wed, 6 May 2009 09:44:20 +0000 (11:44 +0200)]
mx31: remove gpio_request calls from iomux code

Since iomux code is not directly related to gpio on mx31, the calls
to gpio_request are removed from iomux.c file.

These calls have to be done in platform initialization files. The
name of the singe pin call for iomux is also changed to
mxc_iomux_alloc_pin.

Signed-off-by: Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@epfl.ch>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMXC qonq: mxc_map_io is now mx31_map_io
Sascha Hauer [Tue, 5 May 2009 09:13:23 +0000 (11:13 +0200)]
MXC qonq: mxc_map_io is now mx31_map_io

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomxc: fix wrong register access in timer code
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:55:13 +0000 (13:55 +0200)]
mxc: fix wrong register access in timer code

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx1ads: rename mxc_map_io to mx1_map_io
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:41:40 +0000 (13:41 +0200)]
mx1ads: rename mxc_map_io to mx1_map_io

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx1: add missing include
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:41:06 +0000 (13:41 +0200)]
mx1: add missing include

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx1ads: setup iomux pins at once
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:17:21 +0000 (13:17 +0200)]
mx1ads: setup iomux pins at once

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx1ads: remove ifdefs, reorder include alphabetically
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:14:19 +0000 (13:14 +0200)]
mx1ads: remove ifdefs, reorder include alphabetically

header is part of the kernel now.

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoARM: add USB device support to pcm037
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Mon, 4 May 2009 11:13:52 +0000 (13:13 +0200)]
ARM: add USB device support to pcm037

Add OTG device definition and resources to i.MX31 and a pure USB device mode
support to the pcm037 board.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <lg@denx.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoPCM038: Remove unnecessary ifdefs, reorder includes alphabetically
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:17:03 +0000 (09:17 +0200)]
PCM038: Remove unnecessary ifdefs, reorder includes alphabetically

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agopcm038: Setup all iomux pins at once
Sascha Hauer [Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:45:45 +0000 (15:45 +0200)]
pcm038: Setup all iomux pins at once

Also, remove usage of set_irq_type after request_irq.

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMX27ADS: Add SDHC support
Vladimir Barinov [Thu, 30 Apr 2009 11:31:20 +0000 (15:31 +0400)]
MX27ADS: Add SDHC support

Add SDHC support for MX27ADS board

Signed-off-by: Vladimir Barinov <vbarinov@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMX27ADS: Add 1-wire support
Vladimir Barinov [Wed, 29 Apr 2009 00:00:52 +0000 (04:00 +0400)]
MX27ADS: Add 1-wire support

Add 1-wire support for MX27ADS board

Signed-off-by: Vladimir Barinov <vbarinov@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMX27ADS: Add framebuffer support
Vladimir Barinov [Wed, 29 Apr 2009 00:00:51 +0000 (04:00 +0400)]
MX27ADS: Add framebuffer support

Add Sharp-QVGA panel support for MX27ADS board

Signed-off-by: Vladimir Barinov <vbarinov@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMX27ADS: Add I2C support
Vladimir Barinov [Wed, 29 Apr 2009 00:00:50 +0000 (04:00 +0400)]
MX27ADS: Add I2C support

Add I2C support for MX27ADS board

Signed-off-by: Vladimir Barinov <vbarinov@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMX27ADS: Add NAND support
Vladimir Barinov [Wed, 29 Apr 2009 00:00:49 +0000 (04:00 +0400)]
MX27ADS: Add NAND support

Add NAND support for MX27ADS board

Signed-off-by: Vladimir Barinov <vbarinov@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMX27ADS: setup all pins at once in one table
Vladimir Barinov [Wed, 29 Apr 2009 00:00:48 +0000 (04:00 +0400)]
MX27ADS: setup all pins at once in one table

Setup all pins at once in one table

Signed-off-by: Vladimir Barinov <vbarinov@embeddedalley.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoi.MX31: Add ethernet support to i.MX31 Litekit board.
Magnus Lilja [Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:00:07 +0000 (22:00 +0200)]
i.MX31: Add ethernet support to i.MX31 Litekit board.

This patch adds the SMSC platform device to the Litekit board.

Signed-off-by: Magnus Lilja <lilja.magnus@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoi.MX31: Correct comments on CONFIG_DEBUG_LL.
Magnus Lilja [Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:00:06 +0000 (22:00 +0200)]
i.MX31: Correct comments on CONFIG_DEBUG_LL.

Several comments in board config files stated "mandatory for
CONFIG_LL_DEBUG" but the correct name is CONFIG_DEBUG_LL.

Signed-off-by: Magnus Lilja <lilja.magnus@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoi.MX31: Removed unused items from board-mx31lite.h.
Magnus Lilja [Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:00:05 +0000 (22:00 +0200)]
i.MX31: Removed unused items from board-mx31lite.h.

Signed-off-by: Magnus Lilja <lilja.magnus@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoi.MX31: Add UART1 device to Litekit board.
Magnus Lilja [Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:00:03 +0000 (22:00 +0200)]
i.MX31: Add UART1 device to Litekit board.

Signed-off-by: Magnus Lilja <lilja.magnus@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx31moboard: add sdhc support (v3)
Valentin Longchamp [Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:24:56 +0000 (10:24 +0200)]
mx31moboard: add sdhc support (v3)

This support both sdhc1 and sdhc2 with WP and CD for the marxbot and
devboard mx31moboard baseboards.

sdhc2 is present on both, but is not directly included in the
mx31moboard file because a third baseboard (not supported yet) without
sdhc2 is planned.

Changes since v1: removed pin initialization from init/exit function and
taken different comments into account

Changes since v2: pin initialiation now is done in another patch for all
current mx31moboard pins

Signed-off-by: Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@epfl.ch>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx31moboard: add i2c support (v2)
Valentin Longchamp [Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:24:22 +0000 (10:24 +0200)]
mx31moboard: add i2c support (v2)

Changes since v1: all the pins needed for the drivers are claimed in
another patch

Signed-off-by: Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@epfl.ch>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx31moboard: setup all pins (v2)
Valentin Longchamp [Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:55:50 +0000 (10:55 +0200)]
mx31moboard: setup all pins (v2)

As suggested by Sascha, here we setup all the pins that we are using in
the current (and currently reviewed) drivers for mx31moboard system.

changes since v1: changed I2C1 pin names

Signed-off-by: Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@epfl.ch>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx31: define various pins used on mx31moboard (v2)
Valentin Longchamp [Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:54:14 +0000 (10:54 +0200)]
mx31: define various pins used on mx31moboard (v2)

As suggested by Sascha, I regroup them in a single patch so that the
other patches become more orthogonal.

changes since v1: changed I2C1 pin names

Signed-off-by: Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@epfl.ch>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoi.MX31: Add hw-random for RNGA
Alan Carvalho de Assis [Thu, 2 Apr 2009 15:38:41 +0000 (12:38 -0300)]
i.MX31: Add hw-random for RNGA

This hw-random driver add support to RNGA hardware found
on some i.MX processors.

Signed-off-by: Alan Carvalho de Assis <acassis@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Matt Mackall <mpm@selenic.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx31moboard: clean-up of board support
Valentin Longchamp [Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:20:25 +0000 (15:20 +0200)]
mx31moboard: clean-up of board support

Various improvements (includes in alphabetical order, platform devices
declaration order change, ...)

The pins now are claimed in a single function call from a main table for
every board for a better clarity and to adopt the current agreement for
mx31 devices.

Signed-off-by: Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@epfl.ch>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMX27: Add basic support to MX27PDK
Fabio Estevam [Thu, 16 Apr 2009 19:45:01 +0000 (12:45 -0700)]
MX27: Add basic support to MX27PDK

This patch adds basic support to MX27PDK board http://www.freescale.com/imx27pdk ).

Signed-off-by: Fabio Estevam <fabio.estevam@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMXC: mx2_defconfig file
Ivo Clarysse [Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:45:19 +0000 (10:45 +0200)]
MXC: mx2_defconfig file

Adds a defconfig file for the i.MX21 SoC, targeting
the Freescale i.MX21ADS (M9328MX21ADSE) Application
Development System.

Signed-off-by: Ivo Clarysse <ivo.clarysse@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoimx: re-work of PWM, add i.MX21 support
Holger Schurig [Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:50:20 +0000 (12:50 +0200)]
imx: re-work of PWM, add i.MX21 support

* Kconfig enables now HAVE_PWM (this enables in turn the selection of
  CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_PWM)
* changes CONFIG_ARCH_MXyy to CONFIG_MACH_MXyy
* fix some register names to match those of the reference manual
* write a stub code so that the PWM can be used to program the
  LCD backlight
* convert from #ifdef CONFIG_ARCH_MXxx to cpu_is_mxXX()
* remove unneeded defines and fix 80-column "violations" of checkpatch.pl

Signed-off-by: Holger Schurig <hs4233@mail.mn-solutions.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMXC: mx21ads base support
Ivo Clarysse [Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:39:27 +0000 (15:39 +0200)]
MXC: mx21ads base support

[PATCH v6] MXC: mx21ads base support

Base machine support for the  Freescale i.MX21ADS
(M9328MX21ADSE) Application Development System.

Signed-off-by: Ivo Clarysse <ivo.clarysse@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoARM: framebuffer support for pcm037
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:32:52 +0000 (14:32 +0200)]
ARM: framebuffer support for pcm037

Add support for a QVGA Sharp LCD on pcm037.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <lg@denx.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomxc: emulate GPIO interrupt on both-edges
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:46:41 +0000 (12:46 +0100)]
mxc: emulate GPIO interrupt on both-edges

MXC GPIO controller does not support generation of interrupts on both
edges. Emulate this mode in software by reconfiguring the irq trigger
polarity on each interrupt. This follows an example of
drivers/mfd/asic3.c.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <lg@denx.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoimx: exit functions can/should be void
Holger Schurig [Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:35:39 +0000 (14:35 +0100)]
imx: exit functions can/should be void

Signed-off-by: Holger Schurig <hs4233@mail.mn-solutions.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years ago[ARM] remove arch-imx
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:41:21 +0000 (12:41 +0200)]
[ARM] remove arch-imx

arch-imx is superseeded by the MXC architecture support.
This patch removes arch/arm/mach-imx from the kernel.

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years ago[ARM] Remove arch-imx from build system
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:40:15 +0000 (12:40 +0200)]
[ARM] Remove arch-imx from build system

arch-imx is superseeded by the MXC architecture support.
This patch removes arch-imx from the build system.

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomxc irq: make architecture runtime dependent
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 18 Feb 2009 19:59:04 +0000 (20:59 +0100)]
mxc irq: make architecture runtime dependent

Currently we depend on hardcoded base addresses for the interrupt
controller. This prevents us from compiling in more than one i.MX
architecture at a time. This patch changes the base address to a
runtime calculated one.

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomxc timer: make compile time independent
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 18 Feb 2009 19:58:40 +0000 (20:58 +0100)]
mxc timer: make compile time independent

Currently we depend on hardcoded base addresses for the timer.
This prevents us from compiling in more than one i.MX architecture
at a time. This patch changes the base address to a runtime
calculated one.

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMXC: rename mxc_map_io to architecture specific versions
Sascha Hauer [Thu, 2 Apr 2009 20:32:10 +0000 (22:32 +0200)]
MXC: rename mxc_map_io to architecture specific versions

This allows us to have more mapping functions for more than one
i.MX architecture in the kernel. As this is the earliest board
specific hook we have, also use it to set the cpu type.

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agopcm037: Add support for UART2
Sascha Hauer [Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:04:38 +0000 (15:04 +0200)]
pcm037: Add support for UART2

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMX35: Fix IPU/Framebuffer clock names
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 1 Apr 2009 08:09:18 +0000 (10:09 +0200)]
MX35: Fix IPU/Framebuffer clock names

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agopcm037: add SDHC card detection
Sascha Hauer [Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:56:10 +0000 (11:56 +0100)]
pcm037: add SDHC card detection

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agopcm037: setup all pins at once and not in init functions
Sascha Hauer [Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:52:41 +0000 (19:52 +0100)]
pcm037: setup all pins at once and not in init functions

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoi.MX35 clock support: remove automotive path
Sascha Hauer [Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:07:48 +0000 (10:07 +0100)]
i.MX35 clock support: remove automotive path

It is no longer present in newer cores. Unfortunately Freescale decided
to put the bit which decides between automotive clock path and consumer
clock path in the automotive clock path direction. With current code we
cannot detect the core revision, so just remove automotive path completely.

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years ago[ARM] MX35: Add PCM043 board support
Sascha Hauer [Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:42:26 +0000 (15:42 +0100)]
[ARM] MX35: Add PCM043 board support

The PCM043 is a i.MX35 based board from Phytec also known as the
phyCORE-i.MX35.

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMX35: Add iomux pin defintions
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:13:22 +0000 (11:13 +0200)]
MX35: Add iomux pin defintions

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMXC: Add iomux support for MX35 SoCs
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:11:48 +0000 (11:11 +0200)]
MXC: Add iomux support for MX35 SoCs

This iomux is called iomux-v3 in the tree because it is the third known
incarnation of MXC iomuxers. It is not only found on the MX35 but also
on the MX51 and probably others.

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMXC irq: remove unused defines
Sascha Hauer [Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:51:52 +0000 (20:51 +0200)]
MXC irq: remove unused defines

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoi.MX31: Disable CPU_32v6K in mx3_defconfig.
Magnus Lilja [Sat, 18 Apr 2009 16:20:50 +0000 (18:20 +0200)]
i.MX31: Disable CPU_32v6K in mx3_defconfig.

The i.MX31 ARM11 core is not a v6K core. Disable this option as it
is incompatible with non v6K cores.

Signed-off-by: Magnus Lilja <lilja.magnus@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx3fb: Fix compilation with CONFIG_PM
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:45:47 +0000 (11:45 +0200)]
mx3fb: Fix compilation with CONFIG_PM

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx27ads: move PBC mapping out of vmalloc space
Uwe Kleine-König [Tue, 21 Apr 2009 20:56:14 +0000 (22:56 +0200)]
mx27ads: move PBC mapping out of vmalloc space

Before this patch I got the following line in my dmesg:

[    0.000000] BUG: mapping for 0xd4000000 at 0xeb000000 overlaps vmalloc space

VMALLOC_END is 0xf4000000 and there are the following other mappings
defined for mx27ads:

(0xa0500000,+0x00001000) maps to 0xffff0000
(0x10000000,+0x00100000) maps to 0xf4000000
(0x80000000,+0x00100000) maps to 0xf4100000
(0xd8000000,+0x00100000) maps to 0xf4200000

So map PBC to 0xf4300000.

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMXC: remove BUG_ON in interrupt handler
Sascha Hauer [Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:39:59 +0000 (12:39 +0200)]
MXC: remove BUG_ON in interrupt handler

On i.MX31 I sometimes get spurious interrupts. There is no need
to crash the whole system when this happens. Instead, silently
ignore it.

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomx31: remove mx31moboard_defconfig
Valentin Longchamp [Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:20:26 +0000 (15:20 +0200)]
mx31: remove mx31moboard_defconfig

We want to have a mx31_defconfig file that builds a kernel that is able
to boot on all support mx31 systems and thus also can be better tested
by automatic build scripts. For these reasons, this config file is not
needed anymore.

Signed-off-by: Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@epfl.ch>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoARM: ARCH_MXC should select HAVE_CLK
Guennadi Liakhovetski [Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:12:54 +0000 (14:12 +0200)]
ARM: ARCH_MXC should select HAVE_CLK

All i.MX platforms support <linux/clk.h> calls and should select HAVE_CLK.

Signed-off-by: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomxc : BUG in imx_dma_request
Martin Fuzzey [Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:27:52 +0000 (22:27 +0100)]
mxc : BUG in imx_dma_request

On MX2 platforms imx_dma_request() calls request_irq() which may sleep
with interrupts disabled.

Signed-off-by: Martin Fuzzey <mfuzzey@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agomxc : Clean up properly when imx_dma_free() used without imx_dma_disable()
Martin Fuzzey [Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:21:16 +0000 (22:21 +0100)]
mxc : Clean up properly when imx_dma_free() used without imx_dma_disable()

The sequence
imx_dma_request()
imx_dma_enable()
imx_dma_free()
left the dma channel in_use mode and did not release the timer.

Signed-off-by: Martin Fuzzey <mfuzzey@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://oss.sgi.com/xfs/xfs
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 2 May 2009 23:52:50 +0000 (16:52 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://oss.sgi.com/xfs/xfs

* 'for-linus' of git://oss.sgi.com/xfs/xfs:
  xfs: fix getbmap vs mmap deadlock
  xfs: a couple getbmap cleanups
  xfs: add more checks to superblock validation
  xfs_file_last_byte() needs to acquire ilock

11 years agoMove dtc and libfdt sources from arch/powerpc/boot to scripts/dtc
David Gibson [Thu, 30 Apr 2009 05:25:53 +0000 (15:25 +1000)]
Move dtc and libfdt sources from arch/powerpc/boot to scripts/dtc

The powerpc kernel always requires an Open Firmware like device tree
to supply device information.  On systems without OF, this comes from
a flattened device tree blob.  This blob is usually generated by dtc,
a tool which compiles a text description of the device tree into the
flattened format used by the kernel.  Sometimes, the bootwrapper makes
small changes to the pre-compiled device tree blob (e.g. filling in
the size of RAM).  To do this it uses the libfdt library.

Because these are only used on powerpc, the code for both these tools
is included under arch/powerpc/boot (these were imported and are
periodically updated from the upstream dtc tree).

However, the microblaze architecture, currently being prepared for
merging to mainline also uses dtc to produce device tree blobs.  A few
other archs have also mentioned some interest in using dtc.
Therefore, this patch moves dtc and libfdt from arch/powerpc into
scripts, where it can be used by any architecture.

The vast bulk of this patch is a literal move, the rest is adjusting
the various Makefiles to use dtc and libfdt correctly from their new
locations.

Signed-off-by: David Gibson <david@gibson.dropbear.id.au>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
11 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jlbec...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 2 May 2009 23:50:46 +0000 (16:50 -0700)]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jlbec/configfs

* 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jlbec/configfs:
  configfs: Fix Trivial Warning in fs/configfs/symlink.c

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bart/ide-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 2 May 2009 23:48:32 +0000 (16:48 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/bart/ide-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bart/ide-2.6:
  ide-cd: fix REQ_QUIET tests in cdrom_decode_status

Fix up trivial conflicts in include/linux/blkdev.h

11 years agoMerge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 2 May 2009 23:40:20 +0000 (16:40 -0700)]
Merge master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm

* master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm: (45 commits)
  [ARM] 5489/1: ARM errata: Data written to the L2 cache can be overwritten with stale data
  [ARM] 5490/1: ARM errata: Processor deadlock when a false hazard is created
  [ARM] 5487/1: ARM errata: Stale prediction on replaced interworking branch
  [ARM] 5488/1: ARM errata: Invalidation of the Instruction Cache operation can fail
  davinci: DM644x: NAND: update partitioning
  davinci: update DM644x support in preparation for more SoCs
  davinci: DM644x: rename board file
  davinci: update pin-multiplexing support
  davinci: serial: generalize for more SoCs
  davinci: DM355 IRQ Definitions
  davinci: DM646x: add interrupt number and priorities
  davinci: PSC: Clear bits in MDCTL reg before setting new bits
  davinci: gpio bugfixes
  davinci: add EDMA driver
  davinci: timers: use clk_get_rate()
  [ARM] pxa/littleton: add missing da9034 touchscreen support
  [ARM] pxa/zylonite: configure GPIO18/19 correctly, used by 2 GPIO expanders
  [ARM] pxa/zylonite: fix the issue of unused SDATA_IN_1 pin get AC97 not working
  [ARM] pxa: make ads7846 on corgi and spitz to sync on HSYNC
  [ARM] pxa: remove unused CPU_FREQ_PXA Kconfig symbol
  ...

11 years agoMerge branch 'x86-mce-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 2 May 2009 23:38:30 +0000 (16:38 -0700)]
Merge branch 'x86-mce-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/x86/linux-2.6-tip

* 'x86-mce-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/x86/linux-2.6-tip:
  x86, mce: fix boot logging logic
  x86, mce: make polling timer interval per CPU

11 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-rc-fixes-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 2 May 2009 23:36:34 +0000 (16:36 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-rc-fixes-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-rc-fixes-2.6: (53 commits)
  [SCSI] libosd: OSD2r05: on-the-wire changes for latest OSD2 revision 5.
  [SCSI] libosd: OSD2r05: OSD_CRYPTO_KEYID_SIZE will grow 20 => 32 bytes
  [SCSI] libosd: OSD2r05: Prepare for rev5 attribute list changes
  [SCSI] libosd: fix potential ERR_PTR dereference in osd_initiator.c
  [SCSI] mpt2sas : bump driver version to 01.100.02.00
  [SCSI] mpt2sas: fix hotplug event processing
  [SCSI] mpt2sas : release diagnotic buffers prior host reset
  [SCSI] mpt2sas : Broadcast Primative AEN bug fix
  [SCSI] mpt2sas : Identify Dell series-7 adapters at driver load time
  [SCSI] mpt2sas : driver name needs to be in the MPT2IOCINFO ioctl
  [SCSI] mpt2sas : running out of message frames
  [SCSI] mpt2sas : fix oops when firmware sends large sense buffer size
  [SCSI] mpt2sas : the sanity check in base_interrupt needs to be on dword boundary
  [SCSI] mpt2sas : unique ioctl magic number
  [SCSI] fix sign extension with 1.5TB usb-storage LBD=y
  [SCSI] ipr: Fix sleeping function called with interrupts disabled
  [SCSI] fcoe: fip: add multicast filter to receive FIP advertisements.
  [SCSI] libfc: Fix compilation warnings with allmodconfig
  [SCSI] fcoe: fix spelling typos and bad comments
  [SCSI] fcoe: don't export functions that are internal to fcoe
  ...

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 2 May 2009 23:35:45 +0000 (16:35 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/dtor/input

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input:
  Input: document the multi-touch (MT) protocol
  Input: add detailed multi-touch finger data report protocol
  Input: allow certain EV_ABS events to bypass all filtering
  Input: bcm5974 - add documentation for the driver
  Input: bcm5974 - augment debug information
  Input: bcm5974 - Add support for the Macbook 5 (Unibody)
  Input: bcm5974 - add quad-finger tapping
  Input: bcm5974 - prepare for a new trackpad header type
  Input: appletouch - fix DMA to/from stack buffer
  Input: wacom - fix TabletPC touch bug
  Input: lifebook - add DMI entry for Fujitsu B-2130
  Input: ALPS - add signature for Toshiba Satellite Pro M10
  Input: elantech - make sure touchpad is really in absolute mode
  Input: elantech - provide a workaround for jumpy cursor on firmware 2.34
  Input: ucb1400 - use disable_irq_nosync() in irq handler
  Input: tsc2007 - use disable_irq_nosync() in irq handler
  Input: sa1111ps2 - use disable_irq_nosync() in irq handlers
  Input: omap-keypad - use disable_irq_nosync() in irq handler

11 years agoSUNRPC: Fix the problem of EADDRNOTAVAIL syslog floods on reconnect
Trond Myklebust [Tue, 21 Apr 2009 21:18:20 +0000 (17:18 -0400)]
SUNRPC: Fix the problem of EADDRNOTAVAIL syslog floods on reconnect

See http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13034

If the port gets into a TIME_WAIT state, then we cannot reconnect without
binding to a new port.

Tested-by: Petr Vandrovec <petr@vandrovec.name>
Tested-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
Signed-off-by: Trond Myklebust <Trond.Myklebust@netapp.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
11 years agoMerge branch 'master' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sam/kbuild...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 2 May 2009 23:33:56 +0000 (16:33 -0700)]
Merge branch 'master' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/sam/kbuild-fixes

* 'master' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sam/kbuild-fixes:
  kbuild, modpost: Check the section flags, to catch missing "ax"/"aw"
  kbuild: fix comment in modpost.c
  kbuild: fix scripts/setlocalversion with git
  kbuild: fix Module.markers permission error under cygwin
  docs: also clean index.html
  kbuild: remove a tag file before it is regenerated
  kbuild: "make prepare" should be "make modules_prepare"
  kbuild: clean Module.markers and modules.order for out-of-tree modules
  avr32: drop unused CLEAN_FILES

11 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jlbec...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 2 May 2009 23:30:47 +0000 (16:30 -0700)]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jlbec/ocfs2

* 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jlbec/ocfs2:
  ocfs2: Change repository in MAINTAINERS.
  ocfs2: Fix a missing credit when deleting from indexed directories.
  ocfs2/trivial: Remove unused variable in ocfs2_rename.
  ocfs2: Add missing iput() during error handling in ocfs2_dentry_attach_lock()
  ocfs2: Fix some printk() warnings.
  ocfs2: Fix 2 warning during ocfs2 make.
  ocfs2: Reserve 1 more cluster in expanding_inline_dir for indexed dir.

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 2 May 2009 23:29:47 +0000 (16:29 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid:
  HID: fix oops in hid_check_keys_pressed()
  HID: fix possible deadlock in usbhid_close()
  HID: Fix the support for apple mini aluminium keyboard
  HID: Add support for the G25 force feedback wheel in native mode
  HID: hidraw -- fix missing unlocks in unlocked_ioctl

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://www.linux-m32r.org/git/takata/linux-2.6_dev
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 2 May 2009 23:28:58 +0000 (16:28 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://linux-m32r.org/git/takata/linux-2.6_dev

* 'for-linus' of git://www.linux-m32r.org/git/takata/linux-2.6_dev:
  m32r: use __stringify() macro in assembler.h
  m32r: build fix for __stringify macro

11 years agoibft: fix the display of a few fields in the NIC attribute structure in sysfs
Ashutosh Naik [Thu, 30 Apr 2009 22:08:58 +0000 (15:08 -0700)]
ibft: fix the display of a few fields in the NIC attribute structure in sysfs

Fix the display of a few fields in the iBFT NIC attribute structure in
sysfs.

Ensure that, if the DHCP IP address and the subnet mask for the interface
is present in the iBFT NIC structure, the corresponding entries are
created in sysfs tree for the device.  This would hence create the
additional entries in the tree based on the iBFT table and would not
delete any existing entries.

Signed-off-by: Ashutosh Naik <ashutosh.naik@gmail.com>
Cc: Vishnu V <vishnu@chelsio.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
11 years agomm: prevent divide error for small values of vm_dirty_bytes
Andrea Righi [Thu, 30 Apr 2009 22:08:57 +0000 (15:08 -0700)]
mm: prevent divide error for small values of vm_dirty_bytes

Avoid setting less than two pages for vm_dirty_bytes: this is necessary to
avoid potential division by 0 (like the following) in get_dirty_limits().

[   49.951610] divide error: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
[   49.952195] last sysfs file: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.1/host0/target0:0:0/0:0:0:0/block/sda/uevent
[   49.952195] CPU 1
[   49.952195] Modules linked in: pcspkr
[   49.952195] Pid: 3064, comm: dd Not tainted 2.6.30-rc3 #1
[   49.952195] RIP: 0010:[<ffffffff802d39a9>]  [<ffffffff802d39a9>] get_dirty_limits+0xe9/0x2c0
[   49.952195] RSP: 0018:ffff88001de03a98  EFLAGS: 00010202
[   49.952195] RAX: 00000000000000c0 RBX: ffff88001de03b80 RCX: 28f5c28f5c28f5c3
[   49.952195] RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 00000000000000c0 RDI: 0000000000000000
[   49.952195] RBP: ffff88001de03ae8 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
[   49.952195] R10: ffff88001ddda9a0 R11: 0000000000000001 R12: 0000000000000001
[   49.952195] R13: ffff88001fbc8218 R14: ffff88001de03b70 R15: ffff88001de03b78
[   49.952195] FS:  00007fe9a435b6f0(0000) GS:ffff8800025d9000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
[   49.952195] CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
[   49.952195] CR2: 00007fe9a39ab000 CR3: 000000001de38000 CR4: 00000000000006e0
[   49.952195] DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
[   49.952195] DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000ffff0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
[   49.952195] Process dd (pid: 3064, threadinfo ffff88001de02000, task ffff88001ddda250)
[   49.952195] Stack:
[   49.952195]  ffff88001fa0de00 ffff88001f2dbd70 ffff88001f9fe800 000080b900000000
[   49.952195]  00000000000000c0 ffff8800027a6100 0000000000000400 ffff88001fbc8218
[   49.952195]  0000000000000000 0000000000000600 ffff88001de03bb8 ffffffff802d3ed7
[   49.952195] Call Trace:
[   49.952195]  [<ffffffff802d3ed7>] balance_dirty_pages_ratelimited_nr+0x1d7/0x3f0
[   49.952195]  [<ffffffff80368f8e>] ? ext3_writeback_write_end+0x9e/0x120
[   49.952195]  [<ffffffff802cc7df>] generic_file_buffered_write+0x12f/0x330
[   49.952195]  [<ffffffff802cce8d>] __generic_file_aio_write_nolock+0x26d/0x460
[   49.952195]  [<ffffffff802cda32>] ? generic_file_aio_write+0x52/0xd0
[   49.952195]  [<ffffffff802cda49>] generic_file_aio_write+0x69/0xd0
[   49.952195]  [<ffffffff80365fa6>] ext3_file_write+0x26/0xc0
[   49.952195]  [<ffffffff803034d1>] do_sync_write+0xf1/0x140
[   49.952195]  [<ffffffff80290d1a>] ? get_lock_stats+0x2a/0x60
[   49.952195]  [<ffffffff80280730>] ? autoremove_wake_function+0x0/0x40
[   49.952195]  [<ffffffff8030411b>] vfs_write+0xcb/0x190
[   49.952195]  [<ffffffff803042d0>] sys_write+0x50/0x90
[   49.952195]  [<ffffffff8022ff6b>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
[   49.952195] Code: 00 00 00 2b 05 09 1c 17 01 48 89 c6 49 0f af f4 48 c1 ee 02 48 89 f0 48 f7 e1 48 89 d6 31 d2 48 c1 ee 02 48 0f af 75 d0 48 89 f0 <48> f7 f7 41 8b 95 ac 01 00 00 48 89 c7 49 0f af d4 48 c1 ea 02
[   49.952195] RIP  [<ffffffff802d39a9>] get_dirty_limits+0xe9/0x2c0
[   49.952195]  RSP <ffff88001de03a98>
[   50.096523] ---[ end trace 008d7aa02f244d7b ]---

Signed-off-by: Andrea Righi <righi.andrea@gmail.com>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <peterz@infradead.org>
Cc: David Rientjes <rientjes@google.com>
Cc: Dave Chinner <david@fromorbit.com>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <cl@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
11 years agovmscan: avoid multiplication overflow in shrink_zone()
Andrew Morton [Thu, 30 Apr 2009 22:08:55 +0000 (15:08 -0700)]
vmscan: avoid multiplication overflow in shrink_zone()

Local variable `scan' can overflow on zones which are larger than

(2G * 4k) / 100 = 80GB.

Making it 64-bit on 64-bit will fix that up.

Cc: KOSAKI Motohiro <kosaki.motohiro@jp.fujitsu.com>
Cc: Wu Fengguang <fengguang.wu@intel.com>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <peterz@infradead.org>
Cc: Rik van Riel <riel@redhat.com>
Cc: Lee Schermerhorn <lee.schermerhorn@hp.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
11 years agoptrace: s/parent/real_parent/ in binfmt_elf_fdpic.c
Oleg Nesterov [Thu, 30 Apr 2009 22:08:54 +0000 (15:08 -0700)]
ptrace: s/parent/real_parent/ in binfmt_elf_fdpic.c

->real_parent is the parent. ->parent may be the tracer.

Signed-off-by: Oleg Nesterov <oleg@redhat.com>
Acked-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Roland McGrath <roland@redhat.com>
Cc: Greg Ungerer <gerg@snapgear.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>