sfrench/cifs-2.6.git
10 months agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'drm/drm-next' into drm-misc-next
Maarten Lankhorst [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:12:27 +0000 (16:12 +0100)]
Merge remote-tracking branch 'drm/drm-next' into drm-misc-next

Requested by Boris Brezillon for some vc4 fixes that are needed for future vc4 work.

Signed-off-by: Maarten Lankhorst <maarten.lankhorst@linux.intel.com>
10 months agodrm/virtio: virtio_gpu_cmd_resource_create_3d: drop unused fence arg
Gerd Hoffmann [Wed, 28 Nov 2018 15:10:21 +0000 (16:10 +0100)]
drm/virtio: virtio_gpu_cmd_resource_create_3d: drop unused fence arg

Signed-off-by: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Robert Foss <robert.foss@collabora.com>
Link: http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181128151021.29565-3-kraxel@redhat.com
10 months agodrm/virtio: fence: pass plain pointer
Gerd Hoffmann [Wed, 28 Nov 2018 15:10:20 +0000 (16:10 +0100)]
drm/virtio: fence: pass plain pointer

Since commit "9fdd90c0f4 drm/virtio: add virtio_gpu_alloc_fence()"
fences are not allocated any more by virtio_gpu_fence_emit().  So there
is no need to pass down a reference to the fence pointer, a plain
pointer is enough now.

Convert virtio_gpu_fence_emit() and callers.

Signed-off-by: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Robert Foss <robert.foss@collabora.com>
Link: http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181128151021.29565-2-kraxel@redhat.com
10 months agodrm/vkms: Fix plane duplicate_state
Daniel Vetter [Wed, 28 Nov 2018 10:10:33 +0000 (11:10 +0100)]
drm/vkms: Fix plane duplicate_state

We need to handle allocation failures and bail out. While at it, tune
the allocation failures down to debug level.

syzbot injected an allocation failure and then hit this WARN_ON.

Reported-by: syzbot+eb6e5365f23c02517dda@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
Signed-off-by: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@intel.com>
Cc: Haneen Mohammed <hamohammed.sa@gmail.com>
Cc: Sean Paul <seanpaul@chromium.org>
Cc: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch>
Cc: Rodrigo Siqueira <rodrigosiqueiramelo@gmail.com>
Cc: Gustavo Padovan <gustavo.padovan@collabora.com>
Reviewed-by: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181128101033.4840-1-daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch
10 months agoMerge v4.20-rc4 into drm-next
Dave Airlie [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 00:34:03 +0000 (10:34 +1000)]
Merge v4.20-rc4 into drm-next

Requested by Boris Brezillon for some vc4 fixes that are needed for future vc4 work.

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 months agoMerge tag 'drm-misc-next-2018-11-28' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-misc...
Dave Airlie [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 00:21:23 +0000 (10:21 +1000)]
Merge tag 'drm-misc-next-2018-11-28' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-misc into drm-next

drm-misc-next for v4.21:

Core Changes:
- Merge drm_info.c into drm_debugfs.c
- Complete the fake drm_crtc_commit's hw_done/flip_done sooner.
- Remove deprecated drm_obj_ref/unref functions. All drivers use get/put now.
- Decrease stack use of drm_gem_prime_mmap.
- Improve documentation for dumb callbacks.

Driver Changes:
- Add edid support to virtio.
- Wait on implicit fence in meson and sun4i.
- Add support for BGRX8888 to sun4i.
- Preparation patches for sun4i driver to start supporting linear and tiled YUV formats.
- Add support for HDMI 1.4 4k modes to meson, and support for VIC alternate timings.
- Drop custom dumb_map in vkms.
- Small fixes and cleanups to v3d.

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
From: Maarten Lankhorst <maarten.lankhorst@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/151a3270-b1be-ed75-bd58-6b29d741f592@linux.intel.com
10 months agoMerge tag 'du-next-20181123' of git://linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media into drm-next
Dave Airlie [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 00:19:04 +0000 (10:19 +1000)]
Merge tag 'du-next-20181123' of git://linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media into drm-next

R-Car DU changes for v4.21:

- R8A7744 and R8A77470 support
- R8A77965 LVDS support
- Miscellaneous fixes

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
From: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/3165107.GPE8tO0qUE@avalon
10 months agoMerge tag 'drm-intel-next-2018-11-22' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-intel...
Dave Airlie [Wed, 28 Nov 2018 23:50:33 +0000 (09:50 +1000)]
Merge tag 'drm-intel-next-2018-11-22' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-intel into drm-next

Changes outside i915:
- Connector property to limit max bpc (Radhakrishna)
- Fix LPE audio runtime PM and deinit (Ville)
- DP FEC prep work (Anusha)
- Mark pinned shmemfs pages as unevictable (Kuo-Hsin)
- Backmerge drm-next (Jani)

Inside i915:
- Revert OA UAPI change that lacks userspace (Joonas)
- Register macro cleanup (Jani)
- 32-bit build fixes on pin flags (Chris)
- Fix MG DP mode and PHY gating for HDMI (Imre)
- DP MST race, hpd and irq fixes (Lyude)
- Combo PHY fixes and cleanup (Imre, Lucas)
- Move display init and cleanup under modeset init and cleanup (José)
- PSR fixes (José)
- Subslice size fixes (Daniele)
- Abstract and clean up fixed point helpers (Jani)
- Plane input CSC for YUV to RGB conversion (Uma)
- Break long iterations for get/put shmemfs pages (Chris)
- Improve DDI encoder hw state readout sanity checks (Imre)
- Fix power well leaks for MST (José)
- Scaler fixes (Ville)
- Watermark fixes (Ville)
- Fix VLV/CHV DSI panel orientation readout (Ville)
- ICL rawclock fixes (Paulo)
- Workaround DMC power well request issues (Imre)
- Plane allocation fix (Maarten)
- Transcoder enum value/ordering robustness fixes (Imre)
- UTS_RELEASE build dependency fix (Hans Holmberg)

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
From: Jani Nikula <jani.nikula@intel.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/87k1l4cesj.fsf@intel.com
10 months agodrm/pl111: add of_node_put()
Yangtao Li [Wed, 21 Nov 2018 13:17:23 +0000 (08:17 -0500)]
drm/pl111: add of_node_put()

of_find_node_by_path() acquires a reference to the node returned by it
and that reference needs to be dropped by its caller.

Signed-off-by: Yangtao Li <tiny.windzz@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
Reviewed-by: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181121131723.22431-1-tiny.windzz@gmail.com
10 months agodrm/vkms: Drop custom vkms_dumb_map().
Eric Anholt [Mon, 26 Nov 2018 21:59:28 +0000 (13:59 -0800)]
drm/vkms: Drop custom vkms_dumb_map().

This is the same as the default drm_gem_dumb_map_offset()
implementation, except that this one missed the ban on userspace
mapping an imported dmabuf (which seems like intended common behavior
for drivers).

Signed-off-by: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181126215929.20546-1-eric@anholt.net
Acked-by: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch>
10 months agodrm/v3d: Clean up the reservation object setup.
Eric Anholt [Thu, 8 Nov 2018 16:16:53 +0000 (08:16 -0800)]
drm/v3d: Clean up the reservation object setup.

The extra to_v3d_bo() calls came from copying this from the vc4
driver, which stored the cma gem object in the structs.

v2: Fix an unused var warning

Signed-off-by: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181108161654.19888-4-eric@anholt.net
Reviewed-by: Boris Brezillon <boris.brezillon@bootlin.com> (v1)
10 months agodrm/v3d: Update a comment about what uses v3d_job_dependency().
Eric Anholt [Thu, 8 Nov 2018 16:16:52 +0000 (08:16 -0800)]
drm/v3d: Update a comment about what uses v3d_job_dependency().

I merged bin and render's paths in a late refactoring.

Signed-off-by: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181108161654.19888-3-eric@anholt.net
Reviewed-by: Boris Brezillon <boris.brezillon@bootlin.com>
10 months agodrm/v3d: Fix whitespace inconsistency in the header.
Eric Anholt [Thu, 8 Nov 2018 16:16:51 +0000 (08:16 -0800)]
drm/v3d: Fix whitespace inconsistency in the header.

Signed-off-by: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181108161654.19888-2-eric@anholt.net
Reviewed-by: Boris Brezillon <boris.brezillon@bootlin.com>
10 months agodrm/meson: Add support for VIC alternate timings
Neil Armstrong [Tue, 6 Nov 2018 10:54:35 +0000 (11:54 +0100)]
drm/meson: Add support for VIC alternate timings

This change is an attempt to handle the alternate clock for the CEA mode.
60Hz vs. 59.94Hz, 30Hz vs 29.97Hz or 24Hz vs 23.97Hz on the Amlogic Meson SoC
DRM Driver pixel clock generation.

The actual clock generation will be moved to the Common Clock framework once
all the video clock are handled by the Amlogic Meson SoC clock driver,
then these alternate timings will be handled in the same time in a cleaner
fashion.

Signed-off-by: Neil Armstrong <narmstrong@baylibre.com>
Reviewed-by: Maxime Jourdan <mjourdan@baylibre.com>
[narmstrong: fix maybe-uninitialized warnings after applying]
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/1541501675-3928-1-git-send-email-narmstrong@baylibre.com
10 months agodrm/meson: Add HDMI 1.4 4k modes
Neil Armstrong [Tue, 6 Nov 2018 09:35:09 +0000 (10:35 +0100)]
drm/meson: Add HDMI 1.4 4k modes

Add the timings for the HDMI 1.4 4K modes support :
- 3840x2160@30
- 3840x2160@25
- 3840x2160@24

Since the 297000Hz pixel clock is already managed and the modes are
compatible with the HDMI 1.4 current HDMI PHY+Controller support, only
the missing timings values needs to be added.

Signed-off-by: Neil Armstrong <narmstrong@baylibre.com>
Reviewed-by: Maxime Jourdan <mjourdan@baylibre.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/1541496909-19625-1-git-send-email-narmstrong@baylibre.com
10 months agodrm: Improve dumb callback docs
Daniel Vetter [Tue, 27 Nov 2018 09:19:21 +0000 (10:19 +0100)]
drm: Improve dumb callback docs

Noticed while reviewing a patch from Eric. Also add a todo for the
dumb_map_offset callbacks (it should be simple to do, but piles of
work). Plus fix up vbox, because vbox.

Cc: Maarten Lankhorst <maarten.lankhorst@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Cc: Sean Paul <sean@poorly.run>
Cc: David Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>
Cc: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
Cc: Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>
Cc: Nicholas Mc Guire <der.herr@hofr.at>
Cc: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch>
Cc: Fabio Rafael da Rosa <fdr@pid42.net>
Reviewed-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181127091921.8325-1-daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch
10 months agodrm/sun4i: Pass modifier to backend and frontend format support helpers
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:25:04 +0000 (10:25 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: Pass modifier to backend and frontend format support helpers

To prepare the introduction of tiled mode support, pass the framebuffer
format modifier to the helpers dealing with format support.

Since only linear mode is supported for now, add corresponding checks in
each helper.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-33-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: frontend: Add support for the BGRX8888 output format
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:54 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: frontend: Add support for the BGRX8888 output format

This introduces support for the BGRX8888 output format for the frontend,
with its associated output format value definition.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-23-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: Make pitch even for GEM dumb alloc as per hardware constraint
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:25:01 +0000 (10:25 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: Make pitch even for GEM dumb alloc as per hardware constraint

Our hardware requires the pitch to be an even number when using YUV
formats with the frontend. Implement a driver-specific callback for GEM
dumb allocation that sets the pitch accordingly.

Since only the bpp is passed (and not the format), we cannot really
distinguish if this alignment is really required. Since it doesn't hurt
to align the pitch anyway, always do it.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-30-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: frontend: Apply format sub-sampling to CH1 dimensions
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:57 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: frontend: Apply format sub-sampling to CH1 dimensions

The frontend comes with two "channels", that can be configured
independently. When used in YUV mode, the first channel (CH0) represents
the luminance component while the second channel (CH1) represents the
chrominance. In RGB mode, both have to be configured the same way.

Use variables (with the YUV terminology) for each channel's
dimensions, calculating the chroma dimensions from the luma dimensions
and the sub-sampling factors from the format description.

Since the configured size only has pixel precision, the fractional
fixed-point part of the source size is dropped for both components to
ensure that the scaling factors are accurate.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-26-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: backend: Detail the YUV to RGB values coding explanation
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:55 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: backend: Detail the YUV to RGB values coding explanation

The values in the BT601 YUV to RGB colorspace translation are not
simply coded as multiples, but rather as fixed-point signed fractional
values on a given number of bits. Add an explanation about that.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <contact@paulk.fr>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-24-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: frontend: Add support for the BGRX8888 input format
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:53 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: frontend: Add support for the BGRX8888 input format

This introduces support for the BGRX8888 input format for the frontend,
with its associated pixel sequence value definition. Other fields are
already configured correctly as they no longer depend on the format's
fourcc directly.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-22-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: frontend: Determine input mode based on the number of planes
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:51 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: frontend: Determine input mode based on the number of planes

Use the number of planes associated with the DRM format to determine the
input mode configuration instead of the format iteself. This way, the
helper can be used for all packed formats without future changes.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-20-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: frontend: Add proper definitions for format registers
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:50 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: frontend: Add proper definitions for format registers

This introduces proper definitions for the input and output format
configuration registers instead of a macro and raw values in the code,
with the intent to increase code readability and reduce indirections.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-19-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: frontend: Add helpers for input data mode and pixel sequence
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:49 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: frontend: Add helpers for input data mode and pixel sequence

This introduces new helpers for retrieving the input data mode and pixel
sequence register field values based on the DRM format instead of
hardcoding these. This makes it easier to add support for more formats.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-18-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: frontend: Move CSC bypass setup to format update routine
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:48 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: frontend: Move CSC bypass setup to format update routine

In order to support YUV to RGB conversion with the frontend (which is
generally used for connecting with the backend), the CSC block must not
be bypassed.

As a result, the bit to enable CSC bypass is moved from the runtime
resume routine to the format update routine, so that it can disabled
when introducing support for YUV formats later.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-17-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: Rename sun4i_backend_layer_formats to sun4i_layer_formats
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:47 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: Rename sun4i_backend_layer_formats to sun4i_layer_formats

Since more formats can be supported by the frontend, rename the
variable listing the layer formats to avoid suggesting that the backend
itself supports all the listed formats.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-16-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: backend: Avoid counting YUV planes that use the frontend
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:46 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: backend: Avoid counting YUV planes that use the frontend

Our hardware has a limited number of YUV planes (usually 1) that can be
supported using the backend only. However, YUV planes can also be
supported by the frontend and must then not be counted when checking for
that limitation.

Only count the YUV plane when the frontend is not used.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-15-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: backend: Use a specific function to check if a plane is supported
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:39 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: backend: Use a specific function to check if a plane is supported

Before this patch, it is assumed that a plane is supported either
through the frontend or through the backend alone. However, the DRM
interface does not allow finely reporting our hardware capabilities
and there are cases where neither are support.

In particular, some plane formats are supported by the backend and not
the frontend, so they can only be supported without scaling.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-8-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: backend: Refine the logic behind using the frontend
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:38 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: backend: Refine the logic behind using the frontend

Checking that scaling is in use is not sufficient as a condition to
decide to use the frontend.

Since not all layer formats are supported by the frontend, we need to
check for that support first. Then, the frontend must only be enabled
if the backend doesn't support the format or that scaling is required.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-7-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: frontend: Add a helper and a list for supported formats
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:37 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: frontend: Add a helper and a list for supported formats

In order to check whether the frontend supports a specific format, an
explicit list and a related helper are introduced.

Just like in the backend, the prototype of the helper is added to the
frontend header so that it can be used later on. The helper is also
exported because it will be used outside of the frontend module.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-6-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: backend: Add a helper and a list for supported formats
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:36 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: backend: Add a helper and a list for supported formats

In order to check whether the backend supports a specific format, an
explicit list and a related helper are introduced.

The prototype of this helper is added to the header so that it can be
called from sun4i_layer later (when introducing tiled mode support).

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-5-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: Add TODO comment about supporting scaling with the backend
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:35 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: Add TODO comment about supporting scaling with the backend

The backend allows integer-only scaling but can handle alpha components,
unlike the frontend. It could be useful to add support for this
eventually, so add a short TODO comment describing the situation.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-4-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: frontend: Replace ARGB with XRGB as supported format
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:34 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: frontend: Replace ARGB with XRGB as supported format

The frontend documentation (for the A33) mentions that ARGB is supported
as output, but with the alpha component always set to 0xff. In practice,
this means that the alpha component cannot be preserved when going
through the frontend. Since the information is lost, ARGB is not
properly supported.

As a result, expose the matching format supported by the frontend (both
for input and output) as XRGB instead of ARGB.

Since ARGB was the selected format for connecting the frontend to the
backend, change it to XRGB to reflect this as well.

The A31 and A80 SoCs apparently have a bit to enable proper alpha,
but this is not supported at this point (see the comment already in the
code).

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-3-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agodrm/sun4i: Cleanup video/YUV source before enabling a layer
Paul Kocialkowski [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:24:33 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
drm/sun4i: Cleanup video/YUV source before enabling a layer

This adds a dedicated function for cleaning the video and YUV source
channel layer enable bits. This function is called first on layer atomic
update to make sure that there are no leftover bits from previous
plane configuration that were not cleaned until now.

It fixes issues when alternating between video and YUV planes, where
both bits would be set eventually, leading to broken plane display.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181123092515.2511-2-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
10 months agoLinux 4.20-rc4 v4.20-rc4
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 25 Nov 2018 22:19:31 +0000 (14:19 -0800)]
Linux 4.20-rc4

10 months agoMerge tag 'dma-mapping-4.20-3' of git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/dma-mapping
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 25 Nov 2018 17:24:40 +0000 (09:24 -0800)]
Merge tag 'dma-mapping-4.20-3' of git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/dma-mapping

Pull dma-mapping fixes from Christoph Hellwig:
 "Two dma-direct / swiotlb regressions fixes:

   - zero is a valid physical address on some arm boards, we can't use
     it as the error value

   - don't try to cache flush the error return value (no matter what it
     is)"

* tag 'dma-mapping-4.20-3' of git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/dma-mapping:
  swiotlb: Skip cache maintenance on map error
  dma-direct: Make DIRECT_MAPPING_ERROR viable for SWIOTLB

10 months agoMerge tag 'nfs-for-4.20-4' of git://git.linux-nfs.org/projects/trondmy/linux-nfs
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 25 Nov 2018 17:19:58 +0000 (09:19 -0800)]
Merge tag 'nfs-for-4.20-4' of git://git.linux-nfs.org/projects/trondmy/linux-nfs

Pull NFS client bugfixes from Trond Myklebust:

 - Fix a NFSv4 state manager deadlock when returning a delegation

 - NFSv4.2 copy do not allocate memory under the lock

 - flexfiles: Use the correct stateid for IO in the tightly coupled case

* tag 'nfs-for-4.20-4' of git://git.linux-nfs.org/projects/trondmy/linux-nfs:
  flexfiles: use per-mirror specified stateid for IO
  NFSv4.2 copy do not allocate memory under the lock
  NFSv4: Fix a NFSv4 state manager deadlock

10 months agoMAINTAINERS: change Sparse's maintainer
Luc Van Oostenryck [Sun, 25 Nov 2018 16:34:05 +0000 (17:34 +0100)]
MAINTAINERS: change Sparse's maintainer

I'm taking over the maintainance of Sparse so add myself as
maintainer and move Christopher's info to CREDITS.

Signed-off-by: Luc Van Oostenryck <luc.vanoostenryck@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
10 months agoMerge tag 'xarray-4.20-rc4' of git://git.infradead.org/users/willy/linux-dax
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 25 Nov 2018 02:44:01 +0000 (18:44 -0800)]
Merge tag 'xarray-4.20-rc4' of git://git.infradead.org/users/willy/linux-dax

Pull XArray updates from Matthew Wilcox:
 "We found some bugs in the DAX conversion to XArray (and one bug which
  predated the XArray conversion). There were a couple of bugs in some
  of the higher-level functions, which aren't actually being called in
  today's kernel, but surfaced as a result of converting existing radix
  tree & IDR users over to the XArray.

  Some of the other changes to how the higher-level APIs work were also
  motivated by converting various users; again, they're not in use in
  today's kernel, so changing them has a low probability of introducing
  a bug.

  Dan can still trigger a bug in the DAX code with hot-offline/online,
  and we're working on tracking that down"

* tag 'xarray-4.20-rc4' of git://git.infradead.org/users/willy/linux-dax:
  XArray tests: Add missing locking
  dax: Avoid losing wakeup in dax_lock_mapping_entry
  dax: Fix huge page faults
  dax: Fix dax_unlock_mapping_entry for PMD pages
  dax: Reinstate RCU protection of inode
  dax: Make sure the unlocking entry isn't locked
  dax: Remove optimisation from dax_lock_mapping_entry
  XArray tests: Correct some 64-bit assumptions
  XArray: Correct xa_store_range
  XArray: Fix Documentation
  XArray: Handle NULL pointers differently for allocation
  XArray: Unify xa_store and __xa_store
  XArray: Add xa_store_bh() and xa_store_irq()
  XArray: Turn xa_erase into an exported function
  XArray: Unify xa_cmpxchg and __xa_cmpxchg
  XArray: Regularise xa_reserve
  nilfs2: Use xa_erase_irq
  XArray: Export __xa_foo to non-GPL modules
  XArray: Fix xa_for_each with a single element at 0

10 months agodocs: drm: remove no longer relevant TODO entry
Fernando Ramos [Thu, 15 Nov 2018 22:16:29 +0000 (23:16 +0100)]
docs: drm: remove no longer relevant TODO entry

This entry asked to rename all drm core "*_reference/_unrefence"
functions to "*_get/_put".

Now that this task is complete, we can remove this entry from the TODO
list.

Signed-off-by: Fernando Ramos <greenfoo@gluegarage.com>
Reviewed-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181115221634.22715-10-greenfoo@gluegarage.com
10 months agodrm: remove no longer needed drm-get-put coccinelle script
Fernando Ramos [Thu, 15 Nov 2018 22:16:28 +0000 (23:16 +0100)]
drm: remove no longer needed drm-get-put coccinelle script

The coccinelle script was used to rename some (deprecated) functions
which no longer exist now.

Signed-off-by: Fernando Ramos <greenfoo@gluegarage.com>
Reviewed-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181115221634.22715-9-greenfoo@gluegarage.com
10 months agodrm: remove deprecated "drm_framebuffer_[un]reference" functions
Fernando Ramos [Thu, 15 Nov 2018 22:16:27 +0000 (23:16 +0100)]
drm: remove deprecated "drm_framebuffer_[un]reference" functions

There are no more places where this (deprecated) function is being used
from, thus it can now be removed.

Signed-off-by: Fernando Ramos <greenfoo@gluegarage.com>
Reviewed-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181115221634.22715-8-greenfoo@gluegarage.com
10 months agodrm: remove deprecated "drm_connector_[un]reference" functions
Fernando Ramos [Thu, 15 Nov 2018 22:16:26 +0000 (23:16 +0100)]
drm: remove deprecated "drm_connector_[un]reference" functions

There are no more places where this (deprecated) function is being
used from, thus it can now be removed.

Signed-off-by: Fernando Ramos <greenfoo@gluegarage.com>
Reviewed-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Lyude Paul <lyude@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181115221634.22715-7-greenfoo@gluegarage.com
10 months agodrm: replace "drm_connector_unreference" with "drm_connector_put"
Fernando Ramos [Thu, 15 Nov 2018 22:16:25 +0000 (23:16 +0100)]
drm: replace "drm_connector_unreference" with "drm_connector_put"

This patch unifies the naming of DRM functions for reference counting as
requested on Documentation/gpu/todo.rst

Signed-off-by: Fernando Ramos <greenfoo@gluegarage.com>
Reviewed-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181115221634.22715-6-greenfoo@gluegarage.com
10 months agodrm: remove deprecated "drm_dev_unref" function
Fernando Ramos [Thu, 15 Nov 2018 22:16:24 +0000 (23:16 +0100)]
drm: remove deprecated "drm_dev_unref" function

There are no more places where this (deprecated) function is being used
from, thus it can now be removed.

Signed-off-by: Fernando Ramos <greenfoo@gluegarage.com>
Reviewed-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181115221634.22715-5-greenfoo@gluegarage.com
10 months agodrm: replace "drm_dev_unref" function with "drm_dev_put"
Fernando Ramos [Thu, 15 Nov 2018 22:16:23 +0000 (23:16 +0100)]
drm: replace "drm_dev_unref" function with "drm_dev_put"

This patch unifies the naming of DRM functions for reference counting as
requested on Documentation/gpu/todo.rst

Signed-off-by: Fernando Ramos <greenfoo@gluegarage.com>
Acked-by: Boris Brezillon <boris.brezillon@bootlin.com>
Acked-by: Alexey Brodkin <abrodkin@synopsys.com>
Acked-by: Stefan Agner <stefan@agner.ch>
Reviewed-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181115221634.22715-4-greenfoo@gluegarage.com
10 months agodrm: remove deprecated "[__]drm_gem_object_[un]reference[_locked]" functions
Fernando Ramos [Thu, 15 Nov 2018 22:16:22 +0000 (23:16 +0100)]
drm: remove deprecated "[__]drm_gem_object_[un]reference[_locked]" functions

There are no more places where these (deprecated) functions are being
used from, thus they can now be removed.

Signed-off-by: Fernando Ramos <greenfoo@gluegarage.com>
Reviewed-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181115221634.22715-3-greenfoo@gluegarage.com
10 months agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hid/hid
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 24 Nov 2018 20:58:47 +0000 (12:58 -0800)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/hid/hid

Pull HID fixes from Jiri Kosina:

 - revert of the high-resolution scrolling feature, as it breaks certain
   hardware due to incompatibilities between Logitech and Microsoft
   worlds. Peter Hutterer is working on a fixed implementation. Until
   that is finished, revert by Benjamin Tissoires.

 - revert of incorrect strncpy->strlcpy conversion in uhid, from David
   Herrmann

 - fix for buggy sendfile() implementation on uhid device node, from
   Eric Biggers

 - a few assorted device-ID specific quirks

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hid/hid:
  Revert "Input: Add the `REL_WHEEL_HI_RES` event code"
  Revert "HID: input: Create a utility class for counting scroll events"
  Revert "HID: logitech: Add function to enable HID++ 1.0 "scrolling acceleration""
  Revert "HID: logitech: Enable high-resolution scrolling on Logitech mice"
  Revert "HID: logitech: Use LDJ_DEVICE macro for existing Logitech mice"
  Revert "HID: logitech: fix a used uninitialized GCC warning"
  Revert "HID: input: simplify/fix high-res scroll event handling"
  HID: Add quirk for Primax PIXART OEM mice
  HID: i2c-hid: Disable runtime PM for LG touchscreen
  HID: multitouch: Add pointstick support for Cirque Touchpad
  HID: steam: remove input device when a hid client is running.
  Revert "HID: uhid: use strlcpy() instead of strncpy()"
  HID: uhid: forbid UHID_CREATE under KERNEL_DS or elevated privileges
  HID: input: Ignore battery reported by Symbol DS4308
  HID: Add quirk for Microsoft PIXART OEM mouse

10 months agoMerge tag 'arm64-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm64/linux
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 24 Nov 2018 17:42:32 +0000 (09:42 -0800)]
Merge tag 'arm64-fixes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/arm64/linux

Pull arm64 fixes from Catalin Marinas::

 - Fix wrong conflict resolution around CONFIG_ARM64_SSBD

 - Fix sparse warning on unsigned long constant

* tag 'arm64-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm64/linux:
  arm64: cpufeature: Fix mismerge of CONFIG_ARM64_SSBD block
  arm64: sysreg: fix sparse warnings

10 months agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 24 Nov 2018 17:19:38 +0000 (09:19 -0800)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/net

Pull networking fixes from David Miller:

 1) Need to take mutex in ath9k_add_interface(), from Dan Carpenter.

 2) Fix mt76 build without CONFIG_LEDS_CLASS, from Arnd Bergmann.

 3) Fix socket wmem accounting in SCTP, from Xin Long.

 4) Fix failed resume crash in ena driver, from Arthur Kiyanovski.

 5) qed driver passes bytes instead of bits into second arg of
    bitmap_weight(). From Denis Bolotin.

 6) Fix reset deadlock in ibmvnic, from Juliet Kim.

 7) skb_scrube_packet() needs to scrub the fwd marks too, from Petr
    Machata.

 8) Make sure older TCP stacks see enough dup ACKs, and avoid doing SACK
    compression during this period, from Eric Dumazet.

 9) Add atomicity to SMC protocol cursor handling, from Ursula Braun.

10) Don't leave dangling error pointer if bpf_prog_add() fails in
    thunderx driver, from Lorenzo Bianconi. Also, when we unmap TSO
    headers, set sq->tso_hdrs to NULL.

11) Fix race condition over state variables in act_police, from Davide
    Caratti.

12) Disable guest csum in the presence of XDP in virtio_net, from Jason
    Wang.

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net: (64 commits)
  net: gemini: Fix copy/paste error
  net: phy: mscc: fix deadlock in vsc85xx_default_config
  dt-bindings: dsa: Fix typo in "probed"
  net: thunderx: set tso_hdrs pointer to NULL in nicvf_free_snd_queue
  net: amd: add missing of_node_put()
  team: no need to do team_notify_peers or team_mcast_rejoin when disabling port
  virtio-net: fail XDP set if guest csum is negotiated
  virtio-net: disable guest csum during XDP set
  net/sched: act_police: add missing spinlock initialization
  net: don't keep lonely packets forever in the gro hash
  net/ipv6: re-do dad when interface has IFF_NOARP flag change
  packet: copy user buffers before orphan or clone
  ibmvnic: Update driver queues after change in ring size support
  ibmvnic: Fix RX queue buffer cleanup
  net: thunderx: set xdp_prog to NULL if bpf_prog_add fails
  net/dim: Update DIM start sample after each DIM iteration
  net: faraday: ftmac100: remove netif_running(netdev) check before disabling interrupts
  net/smc: use after free fix in smc_wr_tx_put_slot()
  net/smc: atomic SMCD cursor handling
  net/smc: add SMC-D shutdown signal
  ...

10 months agoMerge tag 'xfs-4.20-fixes-2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfs-linux
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 24 Nov 2018 17:11:52 +0000 (09:11 -0800)]
Merge tag 'xfs-4.20-fixes-2' of git://git./fs/xfs/xfs-linux

Pull xfs fixes from Darrick Wong:
 "Dave and I have continued our work fixing corruption problems that can
  be found when running long-term burn-in exercisers on xfs. Here are
  some patches fixing most of the problems, but there will likely be
  more. :/

   - Numerous corruption fixes for copy on write

   - Numerous corruption fixes for blocksize < pagesize writes

   - Don't miscalculate AG reservations for small final AGs

   - Fix page cache truncation to work properly for reflink and extent
     shifting

   - Fix use-after-free when retrying failed inode/dquot buffer logging

   - Fix corruptions seen when using copy_file_range in directio mode"

* tag 'xfs-4.20-fixes-2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfs-linux:
  iomap: readpages doesn't zero page tail beyond EOF
  vfs: vfs_dedupe_file_range() doesn't return EOPNOTSUPP
  iomap: dio data corruption and spurious errors when pipes fill
  iomap: sub-block dio needs to zeroout beyond EOF
  iomap: FUA is wrong for DIO O_DSYNC writes into unwritten extents
  xfs: delalloc -> unwritten COW fork allocation can go wrong
  xfs: flush removing page cache in xfs_reflink_remap_prep
  xfs: extent shifting doesn't fully invalidate page cache
  xfs: finobt AG reserves don't consider last AG can be a runt
  xfs: fix transient reference count error in xfs_buf_resubmit_failed_buffers
  xfs: uncached buffer tracing needs to print bno
  xfs: make xfs_file_remap_range() static
  xfs: fix shared extent data corruption due to missing cow reservation

10 months agonet: gemini: Fix copy/paste error
Andreas Fiedler [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 23:16:34 +0000 (00:16 +0100)]
net: gemini: Fix copy/paste error

The TX stats should be started with the tx_stats_syncp,
there seems to be a copy/paste error in the driver.

Signed-off-by: Andreas Fiedler <andreas.fiedler@gmx.net>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agonet: phy: mscc: fix deadlock in vsc85xx_default_config
Quentin Schulz [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 18:01:51 +0000 (19:01 +0100)]
net: phy: mscc: fix deadlock in vsc85xx_default_config

The vsc85xx_default_config function called in the vsc85xx_config_init
function which is used by VSC8530, VSC8531, VSC8540 and VSC8541 PHYs
mistakenly calls phy_read and phy_write in-between phy_select_page and
phy_restore_page.

phy_select_page and phy_restore_page actually take and release the MDIO
bus lock and phy_write and phy_read take and release the lock to write
or read to a PHY register.

Let's fix this deadlock by using phy_modify_paged which handles
correctly a read followed by a write in a non-standard page.

Fixes: 6a0bfbbe20b0 ("net: phy: mscc: migrate to phy_select/restore_page functions")
Signed-off-by: Quentin Schulz <quentin.schulz@bootlin.com>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agodt-bindings: dsa: Fix typo in "probed"
Fabio Estevam [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 17:46:50 +0000 (15:46 -0200)]
dt-bindings: dsa: Fix typo in "probed"

The correct form is "can be probed", so fix the typo.

Signed-off-by: Fabio Estevam <festevam@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agonet: thunderx: set tso_hdrs pointer to NULL in nicvf_free_snd_queue
Lorenzo Bianconi [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 17:28:01 +0000 (18:28 +0100)]
net: thunderx: set tso_hdrs pointer to NULL in nicvf_free_snd_queue

Reset snd_queue tso_hdrs pointer to NULL in nicvf_free_snd_queue routine
since it is used to check if tso dma descriptor queue has been previously
allocated. The issue can be triggered with the following reproducer:

$ip link set dev enP2p1s0v0 xdpdrv obj xdp_dummy.o
$ip link set dev enP2p1s0v0 xdpdrv off

[  341.467649] WARNING: CPU: 74 PID: 2158 at mm/vmalloc.c:1511 __vunmap+0x98/0xe0
[  341.515010] Hardware name: GIGABYTE H270-T70/MT70-HD0, BIOS T49 02/02/2018
[  341.521874] pstate: 60400005 (nZCv daif +PAN -UAO)
[  341.526654] pc : __vunmap+0x98/0xe0
[  341.530132] lr : __vunmap+0x98/0xe0
[  341.533609] sp : ffff00001c5db860
[  341.536913] x29: ffff00001c5db860 x28: 0000000000020000
[  341.542214] x27: ffff810feb5090b0 x26: ffff000017e57000
[  341.547515] x25: 0000000000000000 x24: 00000000fbd00000
[  341.552816] x23: 0000000000000000 x22: ffff810feb5090b0
[  341.558117] x21: 0000000000000000 x20: 0000000000000000
[  341.563418] x19: ffff000017e57000 x18: 0000000000000000
[  341.568719] x17: 0000000000000000 x16: 0000000000000000
[  341.574020] x15: 0000000000000010 x14: ffffffffffffffff
[  341.579321] x13: ffff00008985eb27 x12: ffff00000985eb2f
[  341.584622] x11: ffff0000096b3000 x10: ffff00001c5db510
[  341.589923] x9 : 00000000ffffffd0 x8 : ffff0000086868e8
[  341.595224] x7 : 3430303030303030 x6 : 00000000000006ef
[  341.600525] x5 : 00000000003fffff x4 : 0000000000000000
[  341.605825] x3 : 0000000000000000 x2 : ffffffffffffffff
[  341.611126] x1 : ffff0000096b3728 x0 : 0000000000000038
[  341.616428] Call trace:
[  341.618866]  __vunmap+0x98/0xe0
[  341.621997]  vunmap+0x3c/0x50
[  341.624961]  arch_dma_free+0x68/0xa0
[  341.628534]  dma_direct_free+0x50/0x80
[  341.632285]  nicvf_free_resources+0x160/0x2d8 [nicvf]
[  341.637327]  nicvf_config_data_transfer+0x174/0x5e8 [nicvf]
[  341.642890]  nicvf_stop+0x298/0x340 [nicvf]
[  341.647066]  __dev_close_many+0x9c/0x108
[  341.650977]  dev_close_many+0xa4/0x158
[  341.654720]  rollback_registered_many+0x140/0x530
[  341.659414]  rollback_registered+0x54/0x80
[  341.663499]  unregister_netdevice_queue+0x9c/0xe8
[  341.668192]  unregister_netdev+0x28/0x38
[  341.672106]  nicvf_remove+0xa4/0xa8 [nicvf]
[  341.676280]  nicvf_shutdown+0x20/0x30 [nicvf]
[  341.680630]  pci_device_shutdown+0x44/0x88
[  341.684720]  device_shutdown+0x144/0x250
[  341.688640]  kernel_restart_prepare+0x44/0x50
[  341.692986]  kernel_restart+0x20/0x68
[  341.696638]  __se_sys_reboot+0x210/0x238
[  341.700550]  __arm64_sys_reboot+0x24/0x30
[  341.704555]  el0_svc_handler+0x94/0x110
[  341.708382]  el0_svc+0x8/0xc
[  341.711252] ---[ end trace 3f4019c8439959c9 ]---
[  341.715874] page:ffff7e0003ef4000 count:0 mapcount:0 mapping:0000000000000000 index:0x4
[  341.723872] flags: 0x1fffe000000000()
[  341.727527] raw: 001fffe000000000 ffff7e0003f1a008 ffff7e0003ef4048 0000000000000000
[  341.735263] raw: 0000000000000004 0000000000000000 00000000ffffffff 0000000000000000
[  341.742994] page dumped because: VM_BUG_ON_PAGE(page_ref_count(page) == 0)

where xdp_dummy.c is a simple bpf program that forwards the incoming
frames to the network stack (available here:
https://github.com/altoor/xdp_walkthrough_examples/blob/master/sample_1/xdp_dummy.c)

Fixes: 05c773f52b96 ("net: thunderx: Add basic XDP support")
Fixes: 4863dea3fab0 ("net: Adding support for Cavium ThunderX network controller")
Signed-off-by: Lorenzo Bianconi <lorenzo.bianconi@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agonet: amd: add missing of_node_put()
Yangtao Li [Thu, 22 Nov 2018 12:34:41 +0000 (07:34 -0500)]
net: amd: add missing of_node_put()

of_find_node_by_path() acquires a reference to the node
returned by it and that reference needs to be dropped by its caller.
This place doesn't do that, so fix it.

Signed-off-by: Yangtao Li <tiny.windzz@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agoteam: no need to do team_notify_peers or team_mcast_rejoin when disabling port
Hangbin Liu [Thu, 22 Nov 2018 08:15:28 +0000 (16:15 +0800)]
team: no need to do team_notify_peers or team_mcast_rejoin when disabling port

team_notify_peers() will send ARP and NA to notify peers. team_mcast_rejoin()
will send multicast join group message to notify peers. We should do this when
enabling/changed to a new port. But it doesn't make sense to do it when a port
is disabled.

On the other hand, when we set mcast_rejoin_count to 2, and do a failover,
team_port_disable() will increase mcast_rejoin.count_pending to 2 and then
team_port_enable() will increase mcast_rejoin.count_pending to 4. We will send
4 mcast rejoin messages at latest, which will make user confused. The same
with notify_peers.count.

Fix it by deleting team_notify_peers() and team_mcast_rejoin() in
team_port_disable().

Reported-by: Liang Li <liali@redhat.com>
Fixes: fc423ff00df3a ("team: add peer notification")
Fixes: 492b200efdd20 ("team: add support for sending multicast rejoins")
Signed-off-by: Hangbin Liu <liuhangbin@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agovirtio-net: fail XDP set if guest csum is negotiated
Jason Wang [Thu, 22 Nov 2018 06:36:31 +0000 (14:36 +0800)]
virtio-net: fail XDP set if guest csum is negotiated

We don't support partial csumed packet since its metadata will be lost
or incorrect during XDP processing. So fail the XDP set if guest_csum
feature is negotiated.

Fixes: f600b6905015 ("virtio_net: Add XDP support")
Reported-by: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer@redhat.com>
Cc: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer@redhat.com>
Cc: Pavel Popa <pashinho1990@gmail.com>
Cc: David Ahern <dsahern@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agovirtio-net: disable guest csum during XDP set
Jason Wang [Thu, 22 Nov 2018 06:36:30 +0000 (14:36 +0800)]
virtio-net: disable guest csum during XDP set

We don't disable VIRTIO_NET_F_GUEST_CSUM if XDP was set. This means we
can receive partial csumed packets with metadata kept in the
vnet_hdr. This may have several side effects:

- It could be overridden by header adjustment, thus is might be not
  correct after XDP processing.
- There's no way to pass such metadata information through
  XDP_REDIRECT to another driver.
- XDP does not support checksum offload right now.

So simply disable guest csum if possible in this the case of XDP.

Fixes: 3f93522ffab2d ("virtio-net: switch off offloads on demand if possible on XDP set")
Reported-by: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer@redhat.com>
Cc: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer@redhat.com>
Cc: Pavel Popa <pashinho1990@gmail.com>
Cc: David Ahern <dsahern@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agoMerge tag 'ceph-for-4.20-rc4' of https://github.com/ceph/ceph-client
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 19:24:55 +0000 (11:24 -0800)]
Merge tag 'ceph-for-4.20-rc4' of https://github.com/ceph/ceph-client

Pullk ceph fix from Ilya Dryomov:
 "A messenger fix, marked for stable"

* tag 'ceph-for-4.20-rc4' of https://github.com/ceph/ceph-client:
  libceph: fall back to sendmsg for slab pages

10 months agoMerge tag 'for-linus-20181123' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 19:20:14 +0000 (11:20 -0800)]
Merge tag 'for-linus-20181123' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block

Pull block fix from Jens Axboe:
 "Just a single fix for this week, fixing an issue with nvme-fc"

* tag 'for-linus-20181123' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block:
  nvme-fc: resolve io failures during connect

10 months agonet/sched: act_police: add missing spinlock initialization
Davide Caratti [Wed, 21 Nov 2018 17:23:53 +0000 (18:23 +0100)]
net/sched: act_police: add missing spinlock initialization

commit f2cbd4852820 ("net/sched: act_police: fix race condition on state
variables") introduces a new spinlock, but forgets its initialization.
Ensure that tcf_police_init() initializes 'tcfp_lock' every time a 'police'
action is newly created, to avoid the following lockdep splat:

 INFO: trying to register non-static key.
 the code is fine but needs lockdep annotation.
 turning off the locking correctness validator.
 <...>
 Call Trace:
  dump_stack+0x85/0xcb
  register_lock_class+0x581/0x590
  __lock_acquire+0xd4/0x1330
  ? tcf_police_init+0x2fa/0x650 [act_police]
  ? lock_acquire+0x9e/0x1a0
  lock_acquire+0x9e/0x1a0
  ? tcf_police_init+0x2fa/0x650 [act_police]
  ? tcf_police_init+0x55a/0x650 [act_police]
  _raw_spin_lock_bh+0x34/0x40
  ? tcf_police_init+0x2fa/0x650 [act_police]
  tcf_police_init+0x2fa/0x650 [act_police]
  tcf_action_init_1+0x384/0x4c0
  tcf_action_init+0xf6/0x160
  tcf_action_add+0x73/0x170
  tc_ctl_action+0x122/0x160
  rtnetlink_rcv_msg+0x2a4/0x490
  ? netlink_deliver_tap+0x99/0x400
  ? validate_linkmsg+0x370/0x370
  netlink_rcv_skb+0x4d/0x130
  netlink_unicast+0x196/0x230
  netlink_sendmsg+0x2e5/0x3e0
  sock_sendmsg+0x36/0x40
  ___sys_sendmsg+0x280/0x2f0
  ? _raw_spin_unlock+0x24/0x30
  ? handle_pte_fault+0xafe/0xf30
  ? find_held_lock+0x2d/0x90
  ? syscall_trace_enter+0x1df/0x360
  ? __sys_sendmsg+0x5e/0xa0
  __sys_sendmsg+0x5e/0xa0
  do_syscall_64+0x60/0x210
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe
 RIP: 0033:0x7f1841c7cf10
 Code: c3 48 8b 05 82 6f 2c 00 f7 db 64 89 18 48 83 cb ff eb dd 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 83 3d 8d d0 2c 00 00 75 10 b8 2e 00 00 00 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 73 31 c3 48 83 ec 08 e8 ae cc 00 00 48 89 04 24
 RSP: 002b:00007ffcf9df4d68 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
 RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000001 RCX: 00007f1841c7cf10
 RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 00007ffcf9df4dc0 RDI: 0000000000000003
 RBP: 000000005bf56105 R08: 0000000000000002 R09: 00007ffcf9df8edc
 R10: 00007ffcf9df47e0 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000671be0
 R13: 00007ffcf9df4e84 R14: 0000000000000008 R15: 0000000000000000

Fixes: f2cbd4852820 ("net/sched: act_police: fix race condition on state variables")
Reported-by: Cong Wang <xiyou.wangcong@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Davide Caratti <dcaratti@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Cong Wang <xiyou.wangcong@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Jiri Pirko <jiri@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agonet: don't keep lonely packets forever in the gro hash
Paolo Abeni [Wed, 21 Nov 2018 17:21:35 +0000 (18:21 +0100)]
net: don't keep lonely packets forever in the gro hash

Eric noted that with UDP GRO and NAPI timeout, we could keep a single
UDP packet inside the GRO hash forever, if the related NAPI instance
calls napi_gro_complete() at an higher frequency than the NAPI timeout.
Willem noted that even TCP packets could be trapped there, till the
next retransmission.
This patch tries to address the issue, flushing the old packets -
those with a NAPI_GRO_CB age before the current jiffy - before scheduling
the NAPI timeout. The rationale is that such a timeout should be
well below a jiffy and we are not flushing packets eligible for sane GRO.

v1  -> v2:
 - clarified the commit message and comment

RFC -> v1:
 - added 'Fixes tags', cleaned-up the wording.

Reported-by: Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@gmail.com>
Fixes: 3b47d30396ba ("net: gro: add a per device gro flush timer")
Signed-off-by: Paolo Abeni <pabeni@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Willem de Bruijn <willemb@google.com>
Acked-by: Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agonet/ipv6: re-do dad when interface has IFF_NOARP flag change
Hangbin Liu [Wed, 21 Nov 2018 13:52:33 +0000 (21:52 +0800)]
net/ipv6: re-do dad when interface has IFF_NOARP flag change

When we add a new IPv6 address, we should also join corresponding solicited-node
multicast address, unless the interface has IFF_NOARP flag, as function
addrconf_join_solict() did. But if we remove IFF_NOARP flag later, we do
not do dad and add the mcast address. So we will drop corresponding neighbour
discovery message that came from other nodes.

A typical example is after creating a ipvlan with mode l3, setting up an ipv6
address and changing the mode to l2. Then we will not be able to ping this
address as the interface doesn't join related solicited-node mcast address.

Fix it by re-doing dad when interface changed IFF_NOARP flag. Then we will add
corresponding mcast group and check if there is a duplicate address on the
network.

Reported-by: Jianlin Shi <jishi@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Stefano Brivio <sbrivio@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Hangbin Liu <liuhangbin@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agoMerge tag 'iommu-fixes-v4.20-rc3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 19:15:27 +0000 (11:15 -0800)]
Merge tag 'iommu-fixes-v4.20-rc3' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/joro/iommu

Pull IOMMU fixes from Joerg Roedel:

 - Two fixes for the Intel VT-d driver to fix a NULL-ptr dereference and
   an unbalance in an allocate/free path (allocated with memremap, freed
   with iounmap)

 - Fix for a crash in the Renesas IOMMU driver

 - Fix for the Advanced Virtual Interrupt Controler (AVIC) code in the
   AMD IOMMU driver

* tag 'iommu-fixes-v4.20-rc3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/joro/iommu:
  iommu/vt-d: Use memunmap to free memremap
  amd/iommu: Fix Guest Virtual APIC Log Tail Address Register
  iommu/ipmmu-vmsa: Fix crash on early domain free
  iommu/vt-d: Fix NULL pointer dereference in prq_event_thread()

10 months agopacket: copy user buffers before orphan or clone
Willem de Bruijn [Tue, 20 Nov 2018 18:00:18 +0000 (13:00 -0500)]
packet: copy user buffers before orphan or clone

tpacket_snd sends packets with user pages linked into skb frags. It
notifies that pages can be reused when the skb is released by setting
skb->destructor to tpacket_destruct_skb.

This can cause data corruption if the skb is orphaned (e.g., on
transmit through veth) or cloned (e.g., on mirror to another psock).

Create a kernel-private copy of data in these cases, same as tun/tap
zerocopy transmission. Reuse that infrastructure: mark the skb as
SKBTX_ZEROCOPY_FRAG, which will trigger copy in skb_orphan_frags(_rx).

Unlike other zerocopy packets, do not set shinfo destructor_arg to
struct ubuf_info. tpacket_destruct_skb already uses that ptr to notify
when the original skb is released and a timestamp is recorded. Do not
change this timestamp behavior. The ubuf_info->callback is not needed
anyway, as no zerocopy notification is expected.

Mark destructor_arg as not-a-uarg by setting the lower bit to 1. The
resulting value is not a valid ubuf_info pointer, nor a valid
tpacket_snd frame address. Add skb_zcopy_.._nouarg helpers for this.

The fix relies on features introduced in commit 52267790ef52 ("sock:
add MSG_ZEROCOPY"), so can be backported as is only to 4.14.

Tested with from `./in_netns.sh ./txring_overwrite` from
http://github.com/wdebruij/kerneltools/tests

Fixes: 69e3c75f4d54 ("net: TX_RING and packet mmap")
Reported-by: Anand H. Krishnan <anandhkrishnan@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Willem de Bruijn <willemb@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agoMerge tag 'acpi-4.20-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 18:56:16 +0000 (10:56 -0800)]
Merge tag 'acpi-4.20-rc4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm

Pull ACPI fix from Rafael Wysocki:
 "Prevent the ACPI core from registering a platform device for the
  SMB0001 HID to avoid IRQ allocation issues (Hans de Goede)"

* tag 'acpi-4.20-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm:
  ACPI / platform: Add SMB0001 HID to forbidden_id_list

10 months agoMerge tag 'pm-4.20-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 18:52:57 +0000 (10:52 -0800)]
Merge tag 'pm-4.20-rc4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm

Pull power management fixes from Rafael Wysocki:
 "These fix two issues in the Operating Performance Points (OPP)
  framework, one cpufreq driver issue, one problem related to the tasks
  freezer and a few build-related issues in the cpupower utility.

  Specifics:

   - Fix tasks freezer deadlock in de_thread() that occurs if one of its
     sub-threads has been frozen already (Chanho Min).

   - Avoid registering a platform device by the ti-cpufreq driver on
     platforms that cannot use it (Dave Gerlach).

   - Fix a mistake in the ti-opp-supply operating performance points
     (OPP) driver that caused an incorrect reference voltage to be used
     and make it adjust the minimum voltage dynamically to avoid hangs
     or crashes in some cases (Keerthy).

   - Fix issues related to compiler flags in the cpupower utility and
     correct a linking problem in it by renaming a file with a duplicate
     name (Jiri Olsa, Konstantin Khlebnikov)"

* tag 'pm-4.20-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm:
  exec: make de_thread() freezable
  cpufreq: ti-cpufreq: Only register platform_device when supported
  opp: ti-opp-supply: Correct the supply in _get_optimal_vdd_voltage call
  opp: ti-opp-supply: Dynamically update u_volt_min
  tools cpupower: Override CFLAGS assignments
  tools cpupower debug: Allow to use outside build flags
  tools/power/cpupower: fix compilation with STATIC=true

10 months agoarm64: cpufeature: Fix mismerge of CONFIG_ARM64_SSBD block
Will Deacon [Wed, 21 Nov 2018 15:07:00 +0000 (15:07 +0000)]
arm64: cpufeature: Fix mismerge of CONFIG_ARM64_SSBD block

When merging support for SSBD and the CRC32 instructions, the conflict
resolution for the new capability entries in arm64_features[]
inadvertedly predicated the availability of the CRC32 instructions on
CONFIG_ARM64_SSBD, despite the functionality being entirely unrelated.

Move the #ifdef CONFIG_ARM64_SSBD down so that it only covers the SSBD
capability.

Signed-off-by: Will Deacon <will.deacon@arm.com>
Signed-off-by: Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@arm.com>
10 months agoMerge tag 'gpio-v4.20-2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 18:40:19 +0000 (10:40 -0800)]
Merge tag 'gpio-v4.20-2' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-gpio

Pull GPIO fixes from Linus Walleij:
 "Minor stuff except the IDA leak which was kind of important to fix.
  Also new maintainers, yay.

   - Do not lose an IDA on the gpiochip register errorpath.

   - Fix the PXA non-pincontrol GPIO-using platforms.

   - Fix the direction on the mockup GPIO driver.

   - Add some MAINTAINERS stuff: Bartosz stepped up as GPIO
     co-maintainer, and Andy established an Intel git tree"

* tag 'gpio-v4.20-2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-gpio:
  MAINTAINERS: Do maintain Intel GPIO drivers via separate tree
  gpio: mockup: fix indicated direction
  gpio: pxa: fix legacy non pinctrl aware builds again
  gpio: don't free unallocated ida on gpiochip_add_data_with_key() error path
  MAINTAINERS: add myself as co-maintainer of gpiolib

10 months agoMerge tag 'mmc-v4.20-rc2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ulfh/mmc
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 18:36:02 +0000 (10:36 -0800)]
Merge tag 'mmc-v4.20-rc2' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ulfh/mmc

Pull MMC fixes from Ulf Hansson:
 "MMC host:

   - sdhci-pci: Fixup card detect lookup

   - sdhci-pci: Workaround GLK firmware bug for tuning"

* tag 'mmc-v4.20-rc2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ulfh/mmc:
  mmc: sdhci-pci: Workaround GLK firmware failing to restore the tuning value
  mmc: sdhci-pci: Try "cd" for card-detect lookup before using NULL

10 months agoMerge tag 'drm-fixes-2018-11-23' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 18:03:08 +0000 (10:03 -0800)]
Merge tag 'drm-fixes-2018-11-23' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm

Pull drm fixes from Dave Airlie:
 "Regular drm fixes:

  amdgpu:
   - Vega20 fixes
   - firmware loading fix
   - panel display fix
   - override fix

  i915:
   - Sandybridge lockup fix
   - fastboot DSI panel fix
   - GPU hang on Broxton
   - GPU reloc fixes on pineview/bearlake

  ast:
   - screen blurring fix
   - cursor appearance fix

  udmabuf:
   - mmap fix

  vc4:
   - NULL deref fix
   - async cursor update fix

  All seems pretty normal at this stage"

* tag 'drm-fixes-2018-11-23' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm:
  drm/ast: fixed cursor may disappear sometimes
  drm/ast: change resolution may cause screen blurred
  drm/i915: Add rotation readout for plane initial config
  drm/i915: Force a LUT update in intel_initial_commit()
  drm/fb-helper: Blacklist writeback when adding connectors to fbdev
  drm/i915: Write GPU relocs harder with gen3
  drm/amdgpu: Enable HDP memory light sleep
  drm/i915: Prevent machine hang from Broxton's vtd w/a and error capture
  drm/amd/pp: handle negative values when reading OD
  drm/amdgpu: Add missing firmware entry for HAINAN
  drm/amd/powerplay: disable Vega20 DS related features
  drm/amdgpu: Fix oops when pp_funcs->switch_power_profile is unset
  drm/i915: Disable LP3 watermarks on all SNB machines
  drm/ast: Remove existing framebuffers before loading driver
  udmabuf: set read/write flag when exporting
  drm/amd/display: Support amdgpu "max bpc" connector property (v2)
  drm/amdgpu: Add amdgpu "max bpc" connector property (v2)
  drm/vc4: Set ->legacy_cursor_update to false when doing non-async updates
  drm/vc4: Fix NULL pointer dereference in the async update path

10 months agoarm64: sysreg: fix sparse warnings
Sergey Matyukevich [Fri, 16 Nov 2018 18:21:30 +0000 (21:21 +0300)]
arm64: sysreg: fix sparse warnings

Specify correct type for the constants to avoid
the following sparse complaints:

./arch/arm64/include/asm/sysreg.h:471:42: warning: constant 0xffffffffffffffff is so big it is unsigned long
./arch/arm64/include/asm/sysreg.h:512:42: warning: constant 0xffffffffffffffff is so big it is unsigned long

Acked-by: Will Deacon <will.deacon@arm.com>
Acked-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
Acked-by: Luc Van Oostenryck <luc.vanoostenryck@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sergey Matyukevich <geomatsi@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@arm.com>
10 months agodrm/atomic-helper: WARN if fake_commit->hw_done is not completed as expected
Ville Syrjälä [Thu, 22 Nov 2018 14:34:12 +0000 (16:34 +0200)]
drm/atomic-helper: WARN if fake_commit->hw_done is not completed as expected

For real commits we WARN if ->hw_done hasn't been completed by the time
drm_atomic_helper_commit_cleanup_done() is called. Let's do the same for
the fake commit.

Signed-off-by: Ville Syrjälä <ville.syrjala@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181122143412.11655-2-ville.syrjala@linux.intel.com
Reviewed-by: Maarten Lankhorst <maarten.lankhorst@linux.intel.com>
10 months agodrm/atomic-helper: Complete fake_commit->flip_done potentially earlier
Ville Syrjälä [Thu, 22 Nov 2018 14:34:11 +0000 (16:34 +0200)]
drm/atomic-helper: Complete fake_commit->flip_done potentially earlier

Consider the following scenario:
1. nonblocking enable crtc
2. wait for the event
3. nonblocking disable crtc

On i915 this can lead to a spurious -EBUSY from step 3 on
account of non-enabled planes getting the fake_commit in step 1
and we don't complete the fake_commit-> flip_done until
drm_atomic_helper_commit_hw_done() which can happen a long
time after the flip event was sent out.

This will become somewhat easy to hit on SKL+ once we start
to add all the planes for the crtc to every modeset commit
for the purposes of forcing a watermark register programming
[1].

To make the race a little less pronounced let's complete
fake_commit->flip_done after drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_flip_done().
For the single crtc case this should make the race quite
theoretical, assuming drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_flip_done()
actually has to wait for the real commit flip_done. In case
the real commit flip_done gets completed singificantly before
drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_flip_done(), or we are dealing with
multiple crtcs whose vblanks don't line up nicely the race still
exists.

[1] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/262670/

Cc: Maarten Lankhorst <maarten.lankhorst@linux.intel.com>
Fixes: 080de2e5be2d ("drm/atomic: Check for busy planes/connectors before setting the commit")
Testcase: igt/kms_cursor_legacy/*nonblocking-modeset-vs-cursor-atomic
Signed-off-by: Ville Syrjälä <ville.syrjala@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181122143412.11655-1-ville.syrjala@linux.intel.com
Reviewed-by: Maarten Lankhorst <maarten.lankhorst@linux.intel.com>
10 months agodrm: rcar-du: Reject modes that fail CRTC timing requirements
Laurent Pinchart [Sun, 11 Nov 2018 02:15:08 +0000 (04:15 +0200)]
drm: rcar-du: Reject modes that fail CRTC timing requirements

The hardware requires the HDSR and VDSR registers to be set to 1 or
higher. This translates to a minimum combined horizontal sync and back
porch of 20 pixels and a minimum vertical back porch of 3 lines. Reject
modes that fail those requirements.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
Reviewed-by: Kieran Bingham <kieran.bingham+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
10 months agodrm: rcar-du: Fix external clock error checks
Laurent Pinchart [Tue, 6 Nov 2018 15:13:44 +0000 (17:13 +0200)]
drm: rcar-du: Fix external clock error checks

The rcar-du driver supports probe deferral for external clocks, but
implements it badly by checking the wrong pointer due to a bad copy and
paste. Fix it.

While at it, reject invalid clocks outright for DU channels that have a
display PLL, as the external clock is mandatory in that case. This
avoids a WARN_ON() at runtime.

Fixes: 1b30dbde8596 ("drm: rcar-du: Add support for external pixel clock")
Reported-by: Kuninori Morimoto <kuninori.morimoto.gx@renesas.com>
Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
Reviewed-by: Kieran Bingham <kieran.bingham+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
10 months agodrm: rcar-du: Enable alpha property on primary planes
Kieran Bingham [Wed, 19 Sep 2018 15:56:59 +0000 (16:56 +0100)]
drm: rcar-du: Enable alpha property on primary planes

The hardware supports alpha on all planes, and using it on the primary
plane can be useful. Don't restrict the alpha property to overlay
planes.

Signed-off-by: Kieran Bingham <kieran.bingham+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
Reviewed-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
10 months agodrm: rcar-du: lvds: Add R8A77965 support
Laurent Pinchart [Wed, 17 Oct 2018 23:57:39 +0000 (02:57 +0300)]
drm: rcar-du: lvds: Add R8A77965 support

Add support for the R-Car M3-N (R8A77965) SoC to the LVDS encoder
driver. The encoder appears identical to the M3-W version, we can thus
simply point to the generic Gen3 data.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
Reviewed-by: Kieran Bingham <kieran.bingham+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
10 months agodt-bindings: display: renesas: lvds: Document r8a77965 bindings
Laurent Pinchart [Wed, 17 Oct 2018 23:56:18 +0000 (02:56 +0300)]
dt-bindings: display: renesas: lvds: Document r8a77965 bindings

The M3-N (r8a77965) includes one LVDS encoder. Extend the binding to
support it.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
Reviewed-by: Kieran Bingham <kieran.bingham+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
10 months agodrm: rcar-du: Fix vblank initialization
Laurent Pinchart [Wed, 17 Oct 2018 19:08:31 +0000 (22:08 +0300)]
drm: rcar-du: Fix vblank initialization

The drm_vblank_init() takes the total number of CRTCs as an argument,
but the rcar-du driver passes a bitmask of the CRTC indices. Fix it.

Fixes: 4bf8e1962f91 ("drm: Renesas R-Car Display Unit DRM driver")
Reported-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
Reviewed-by: Kieran Bingham <kieran.bingham+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
10 months agodrm: rcar-du: Fix the return value in case of error in 'rcar_du_crtc_set_crc_source()'
Christophe JAILLET [Tue, 16 Oct 2018 06:58:25 +0000 (08:58 +0200)]
drm: rcar-du: Fix the return value in case of error in 'rcar_du_crtc_set_crc_source()'

We return 0 unconditionally in 'rcar_du_crtc_set_crc_source()'.
However, 'ret' is set to some error codes if some function calls fail.

Return 'ret' instead to propagate the error code.

Fixes: 47a52d024e89 ("media: drm: rcar-du: Add support for CRC computation")
Signed-off-by: Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jaillet@wanadoo.fr>
Reviewed-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
10 months agodrm: rcar-du: Add R8A7744 support
Biju Das [Fri, 21 Sep 2018 18:08:30 +0000 (19:08 +0100)]
drm: rcar-du: Add R8A7744 support

Add support for the R8A7744 DU (which is very similar to the R8A7743 DU);
it has 1 DPAD (RGB) output and 1 LVDS output.

Signed-off-by: Biju Das <biju.das@bp.renesas.com>
Reviewed-by: Fabrizio Castro <fabrizio.castro@bp.renesas.com>
Reviewed-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
10 months agodrm: rcar-du: Add r8a77470 support
Fabrizio Castro [Tue, 16 Oct 2018 16:58:59 +0000 (17:58 +0100)]
drm: rcar-du: Add r8a77470 support

Add RZ/G1C (a.k.a. r8a77470) support to the R-Car DU driver.

Signed-off-by: Fabrizio Castro <fabrizio.castro@bp.renesas.com>
Reviewed-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
10 months agodt-bindings: display: renesas: du: Document the r8a7744 bindings
Biju Das [Fri, 21 Sep 2018 18:08:28 +0000 (19:08 +0100)]
dt-bindings: display: renesas: du: Document the r8a7744 bindings

Document the RZ/G1N (R8A7744) SoC in the R-Car DU bindings.

Signed-off-by: Biju Das <biju.das@bp.renesas.com>
Reviewed-by: Fabrizio Castro <fabrizio.castro@bp.renesas.com>
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Reviewed-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
10 months agodt-bindings: display: renesas: du: Document the r8a77470 bindings
Fabrizio Castro [Fri, 21 Sep 2018 18:08:27 +0000 (19:08 +0100)]
dt-bindings: display: renesas: du: Document the r8a77470 bindings

Document the RZ/G1C (r8a77470) SoC in R-Car DU bindings.

Signed-off-by: Fabrizio Castro <fabrizio.castro@bp.renesas.com>
Reviewed-by: Biju Das <biju.das@bp.renesas.com>
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Reviewed-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
10 months agodrm: rcar-du: Fix typo in comment
Laurent Pinchart [Fri, 28 Sep 2018 15:15:21 +0000 (18:15 +0300)]
drm: rcar-du: Fix typo in comment

Fix the misspelled 'belance' in a comment.

Reported-by: Ulrich Hecht <uli+renesas@fpond.eu>
Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
10 months agodrm/shmobile: Replace drm_dev_unref with drm_dev_put
Thomas Zimmermann [Wed, 26 Sep 2018 11:55:25 +0000 (13:55 +0200)]
drm/shmobile: Replace drm_dev_unref with drm_dev_put

This patch unifies the naming of DRM functions for reference counting
of struct drm_device. The resulting code is more aligned with the rest
of the Linux kernel interfaces.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Zimmermann <tzimmermann@suse.de>
Reviewed-by: Simon Horman <horms+renesas@verge.net.au>
Reviewed-by: Kieran Bingham <kieran.bingham+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
10 months agodrm/rcar-du: Replace drm_dev_unref with drm_dev_put
Thomas Zimmermann [Wed, 26 Sep 2018 11:53:12 +0000 (13:53 +0200)]
drm/rcar-du: Replace drm_dev_unref with drm_dev_put

This patch unifies the naming of DRM functions for reference counting
of struct drm_device. The resulting code is more aligned with the rest
of the Linux kernel interfaces.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Zimmermann <tzimmermann@suse.de>
Reviewed-by: Kieran Bingham <kieran.bingham+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
Reviewed-by: Simon Horman <horms+renesas@verge.net.au>
Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas@ideasonboard.com>
10 months agoMerge branches 'pm-cpufreq' and 'pm-sleep'
Rafael J. Wysocki [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:32:49 +0000 (10:32 +0100)]
Merge branches 'pm-cpufreq' and 'pm-sleep'

* pm-cpufreq:
  cpufreq: ti-cpufreq: Only register platform_device when supported

* pm-sleep:
  exec: make de_thread() freezable

10 months agoMerge branches 'pm-opp' and 'pm-tools'
Rafael J. Wysocki [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:32:22 +0000 (10:32 +0100)]
Merge branches 'pm-opp' and 'pm-tools'

* pm-opp:
  opp: ti-opp-supply: Correct the supply in _get_optimal_vdd_voltage call
  opp: ti-opp-supply: Dynamically update u_volt_min

* pm-tools:
  tools cpupower: Override CFLAGS assignments
  tools cpupower debug: Allow to use outside build flags
  tools/power/cpupower: fix compilation with STATIC=true

10 months agoMerge tag 'drm-intel-fixes-2018-11-22' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-intel...
Dave Airlie [Fri, 23 Nov 2018 01:03:20 +0000 (11:03 +1000)]
Merge tag 'drm-intel-fixes-2018-11-22' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-intel into drm-fixes

- Fix for fastboot DSI panel boot time flicker regression, also fixes Bugzilla #108225
- Fix Bugzilla #101269 to avoid GPU hangs on Sandybridge machines
- Avoid GPU hang on error capture on Broxton with Vt-d enabled
- Avoid missing GPU relocations on Pineview and Bearlake (Gen3)

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
From: Joonas Lahtinen <joonas.lahtinen@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181122120555.GA18282@jlahtine-desk.ger.corp.intel.com
10 months agoMerge branch 'ibmvnic-Fix-queue-and-buffer-accounting-errors'
David S. Miller [Thu, 22 Nov 2018 19:53:26 +0000 (11:53 -0800)]
Merge branch 'ibmvnic-Fix-queue-and-buffer-accounting-errors'

Thomas Falcon says:

====================
ibmvnic: Fix queue and buffer accounting errors

This series includes two small fixes. The first resolves a typo bug
in the code to clean up unused RX buffers during device queue removal.
The second ensures that device queue memory is updated to reflect new
supported queue ring sizes after migration to other backing hardware.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agoibmvnic: Update driver queues after change in ring size support
Thomas Falcon [Wed, 21 Nov 2018 17:17:59 +0000 (11:17 -0600)]
ibmvnic: Update driver queues after change in ring size support

During device reset, queue memory is not being updated to accommodate
changes in ring buffer sizes supported by backing hardware. Track
any differences in ring buffer sizes following the reset and update
queue memory when possible.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Falcon <tlfalcon@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agoibmvnic: Fix RX queue buffer cleanup
Thomas Falcon [Wed, 21 Nov 2018 17:17:58 +0000 (11:17 -0600)]
ibmvnic: Fix RX queue buffer cleanup

The wrong index is used when cleaning up RX buffer objects during release
of RX queues. Update to use the correct index counter.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Falcon <tlfalcon@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agonet: thunderx: set xdp_prog to NULL if bpf_prog_add fails
Lorenzo Bianconi [Wed, 21 Nov 2018 15:32:10 +0000 (16:32 +0100)]
net: thunderx: set xdp_prog to NULL if bpf_prog_add fails

Set xdp_prog pointer to NULL if bpf_prog_add fails since that routine
reports the error code instead of NULL in case of failure and xdp_prog
pointer value is used in the driver to verify if XDP is currently
enabled.
Moreover report the error code to userspace if nicvf_xdp_setup fails

Fixes: 05c773f52b96 ("net: thunderx: Add basic XDP support")
Signed-off-by: Lorenzo Bianconi <lorenzo.bianconi@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agonet/dim: Update DIM start sample after each DIM iteration
Tal Gilboa [Wed, 21 Nov 2018 14:28:23 +0000 (16:28 +0200)]
net/dim: Update DIM start sample after each DIM iteration

On every iteration of net_dim, the algorithm may choose to
check for the system state by comparing current data sample
with previous data sample. After each of these comparison,
regardless of the action taken, the sample used as baseline
is needed to be updated.

This patch fixes a bug that causes DIM to take wrong decisions,
due to never updating the baseline sample for comparison between
iterations. This way, DIM always compares current sample with
zeros.

Although this is a functional fix, it also improves and stabilizes
performance as the algorithm works properly now.

Performance:
Tested single UDP TX stream with pktgen:
samples/pktgen/pktgen_sample03_burst_single_flow.sh -i p4p2 -d 1.1.1.1
-m 24:8a:07:88:26:8b -f 3 -b 128

ConnectX-5 100GbE packet rate improved from 15-19Mpps to 19-20Mpps.
Also, toggling between profiles is less frequent with the fix.

Fixes: 8115b750dbcb ("net/dim: use struct net_dim_sample as arg to net_dim")
Signed-off-by: Tal Gilboa <talgi@mellanox.com>
Reviewed-by: Tariq Toukan <tariqt@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 months agoflexfiles: use per-mirror specified stateid for IO
Tigran Mkrtchyan [Wed, 21 Nov 2018 11:25:41 +0000 (12:25 +0100)]
flexfiles: use per-mirror specified stateid for IO

rfc8435 says:

  For tight coupling, ffds_stateid provides the stateid to be used by
  the client to access the file.

However current implementation replaces per-mirror provided stateid with
by open or lock stateid.

Ensure that per-mirror stateid is used by ff_layout_write_prepare_v4 and
nfs4_ff_layout_prepare_ds.

Signed-off-by: Tigran Mkrtchyan <tigran.mkrtchyan@desy.de>
Signed-off-by: Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Signed-off-by: Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@hammerspace.com>
10 months agoNFSv4.2 copy do not allocate memory under the lock
Olga Kornievskaia [Wed, 21 Nov 2018 16:24:22 +0000 (11:24 -0500)]
NFSv4.2 copy do not allocate memory under the lock

Bruce pointed out that we shouldn't allocate memory while holding
a lock in the nfs4_callback_offload() and handle_async_copy()
that deal with a racing CB_OFFLOAD and reply to COPY case.

Signed-off-by: Olga Kornievskaia <kolga@netapp.com>
Signed-off-by: Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@hammerspace.com>