sfrench/cifs-2.6.git
3 years agonet/mlx5e: Refactor tc vlan push/pop actions offloading
Jianbo Liu [Tue, 3 Jul 2018 05:46:13 +0000 (05:46 +0000)]
net/mlx5e: Refactor tc vlan push/pop actions offloading

Extract actions offloading code to a new function, and also extend data
structures for double vlan actions.

Signed-off-by: Jianbo Liu <jianbol@mellanox.com>
Reviewed-by: Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@mellanox.com>
3 years agonet/mlx5e: Support offloading tc double vlan headers match
Jianbo Liu [Tue, 1 May 2018 08:48:03 +0000 (08:48 +0000)]
net/mlx5e: Support offloading tc double vlan headers match

We can match on both outer and inner vlan tags, add support for
offloading that.

Signed-off-by: Jianbo Liu <jianbol@mellanox.com>
Reviewed-by: Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@mellanox.com>
3 years agonet/mlx5e: Remove redundant WARN when we cannot find neigh entry
Roi Dayan [Mon, 4 Dec 2017 14:46:30 +0000 (16:46 +0200)]
net/mlx5e: Remove redundant WARN when we cannot find neigh entry

It is possible for neigh entry not to exist if it was cleaned already.
When we bring down an interface the neigh gets deleted but it could be
that our listener for neigh event to clear the encap valid bit didn't
start yet and the neigh update last used work is started first.
In this scenario the encap entry has valid bit set but the neigh entry
doesn't exist.

Signed-off-by: Roi Dayan <roid@mellanox.com>
Reviewed-by: Paul Blakey <paulb@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@mellanox.com>
3 years agonet/mlx5: FW tracer, Add debug prints
Saeed Mahameed [Thu, 3 May 2018 23:44:46 +0000 (16:44 -0700)]
net/mlx5: FW tracer, Add debug prints

Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@mellanox.com>
3 years agonet/mlx5: FW tracer, Enable tracing
Feras Daoud [Thu, 22 Feb 2018 08:01:35 +0000 (10:01 +0200)]
net/mlx5: FW tracer, Enable tracing

Add the tracer file to the makefile and add the init
function to the load one flow.

Signed-off-by: Feras Daoud <ferasda@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@mellanox.com>
3 years agonet/mlx5: FW tracer, parse traces and kernel tracing support
Feras Daoud [Sun, 18 Feb 2018 08:06:35 +0000 (10:06 +0200)]
net/mlx5: FW tracer, parse traces and kernel tracing support

For each message the driver should do the following:
1- Find the message string in the strings database
2- Count the param number of each message
3- Wait for the param events and accumulate them
4- Calculate the event timestamp using the local event timestamp
and the first timestamp event following it.
5- Print message to trace log

Enable the tracing by:
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/mlx5/mlx5_fw/enable

Read traces by:
cat /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace

Signed-off-by: Feras Daoud <ferasda@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Erez Shitrit <erezsh@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@mellanox.com>
3 years agonet/mlx5: FW tracer, events handling
Feras Daoud [Wed, 7 Feb 2018 09:08:56 +0000 (11:08 +0200)]
net/mlx5: FW tracer, events handling

The tracer has one event, event 0x26, with two subtypes:
- Subtype 0: Ownership change
- Subtype 1: Traces available

An ownership change occurs in the following cases:
1- Owner releases his ownership, in this case, an event will be
sent to inform others to reattempt acquire ownership.
2- Ownership was taken by a higher priority tool, in this case
the owner should understand that it lost ownership, and go through
tear down flow.

The second subtype indicates that there are traces in the trace buffer,
in this case, the driver polls the tracer buffer for new traces, parse
them and prepares the messages for printing.

The HW starts tracing from the first address in the tracer buffer.
Driver receives an event notifying that new trace block exists.
HW posts a timestamp event at the last 8B of every 256B block.
Comparing the timestamp to the last handled timestamp would indicate
that this is a new trace block. Once the new timestamp is detected,
the entire block is considered valid.

Block validation and parsing, should be done after copying the current
block to a different location, in order to avoid block overwritten
during processing.

Signed-off-by: Feras Daoud <ferasda@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@mellanox.com>
3 years agonet/mlx5: FW tracer, register log buffer memory key
Saeed Mahameed [Tue, 1 May 2018 23:04:45 +0000 (16:04 -0700)]
net/mlx5: FW tracer, register log buffer memory key

Create a memory key and protection domain for the tracer log buffer.

Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@mellanox.com>
3 years agonet/mlx5: FW tracer, create trace buffer and copy strings database
Feras Daoud [Tue, 6 Feb 2018 15:45:57 +0000 (17:45 +0200)]
net/mlx5: FW tracer, create trace buffer and copy strings database

For each PF do the following:
1- Allocate memory for the tracer strings database and read the
strings from the FW to the SW. These strings will be used later for
parsing traces.
2- Allocate and dma map tracer buffers.

Traces that will be written into the buffer will be parsed as a group
of one or more traces, referred to as trace message. The trace message
represents a C-like printf string.
First trace of a message holds the pointer to the correct string in
strings database. The following traces holds the variables of the
message.

Signed-off-by: Feras Daoud <ferasda@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@mellanox.com>
3 years agonet/mlx5: FW tracer, implement tracer logic
Feras Daoud [Mon, 16 Jul 2018 22:22:01 +0000 (15:22 -0700)]
net/mlx5: FW tracer, implement tracer logic

Implement FW tracer logic and registers access, initialization and
cleanup flows.

Initializing the tracer will be part of load one flow, as multiple
PFs will try to acquire ownership but only one will succeed and will
be the tracer owner.

Signed-off-by: Feras Daoud <ferasda@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@mellanox.com>
3 years agoMerge branch 'mlx5-next' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mellanox...
Saeed Mahameed [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 21:58:46 +0000 (14:58 -0700)]
Merge branch 'mlx5-next' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/mellanox/linux

mlx5 core infrastructure updates and fixes.

From Eran:
 - Add MPEGC (Management PCIe General Configuration) registers and btis
 - Fix tristate and description for MLX5 module

rom Feras:
 - Add hardware structures for the firmware tracer

From Jainbo:
 - Core support for double vlan push/pop steering action

From Max:
 - Add XRQ commands definitions

From Noa:
 - Add missing SET_DRIVER_VERSION command translation

From Roi:
 - Use ERR_CAST() instead of coding it

From Tariq:
 - Better return types for CQE API

Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@mellanox.com>
3 years agoMerge branch 'lan743x-Add-features-to-lan743x-driver'
David S. Miller [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 21:09:19 +0000 (14:09 -0700)]
Merge branch 'lan743x-Add-features-to-lan743x-driver'

Bryan Whitehead says:

====================
lan743x: Add features to lan743x driver

This patch series adds extra features to the lan743x driver.

Updates for v4:
Patch 6/8 - Modified get/set_wol to use super set of
    MAC and PHY driver support.
Patch 7/9 - In set_eee, return the return value from phy_ethtool_set_eee.

Updates for v3:
Removed patch 9 from this series, regarding PTP support
Patch 6/8 - Add call to phy_ethtool_get_wol to lan743x_ethtool_get_wol
Patch 7/8 - Add call to phy_ethtool_set_eee on (!eee->eee_enabled)

Updates for v2:
Patch 3/9 - Used ARRAY_SIZE macro in lan743x_ethtool_get_ethtool_stats.
Patch 5/9 - Used MAX_EEPROM_SIZE in lan743x_ethtool_set_eeprom.
Patch 6/9 - Removed unnecessary read of PMT_CTL.
    Used CRC algorithm from lib.
    Removed PHY interrupt settings from lan743x_pm_suspend
    Change "#if CONFIG_PM" to "#ifdef CONFIG_PM"
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agolan743x: Add RSS support
Bryan Whitehead [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 20:16:33 +0000 (16:16 -0400)]
lan743x: Add RSS support

Implement RSS support

Signed-off-by: Bryan Whitehead <Bryan.Whitehead@microchip.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agolan743x: Add EEE support
Bryan Whitehead [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 20:16:32 +0000 (16:16 -0400)]
lan743x: Add EEE support

Implement EEE support

Signed-off-by: Bryan Whitehead <Bryan.Whitehead@microchip.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agolan743x: Add power management support
Bryan Whitehead [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 20:16:31 +0000 (16:16 -0400)]
lan743x: Add power management support

Implement power management
Supports suspend, resume, and Wake on LAN

Signed-off-by: Bryan Whitehead <Bryan.Whitehead@microchip.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agolan743x: Add support for ethtool eeprom access
Bryan Whitehead [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 20:16:30 +0000 (16:16 -0400)]
lan743x: Add support for ethtool eeprom access

Implement ethtool eeprom access
Also provides access to OTP (One Time Programming)

Signed-off-by: Bryan Whitehead <Bryan.Whitehead@microchip.com>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agolan743x: Add support for ethtool message level
Bryan Whitehead [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 20:16:29 +0000 (16:16 -0400)]
lan743x: Add support for ethtool message level

Implement ethtool message level

Signed-off-by: Bryan Whitehead <Bryan.Whitehead@microchip.com>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agolan743x: Add support for ethtool statistics
Bryan Whitehead [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 20:16:28 +0000 (16:16 -0400)]
lan743x: Add support for ethtool statistics

Implement ethtool statistics

Signed-off-by: Bryan Whitehead <Bryan.Whitehead@microchip.com>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agolan743x: Add support for ethtool link settings
Bryan Whitehead [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 20:16:27 +0000 (16:16 -0400)]
lan743x: Add support for ethtool link settings

Use default link setting functions

Signed-off-by: Bryan Whitehead <Bryan.Whitehead@microchip.com>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agolan743x: Add support for ethtool get_drvinfo
Bryan Whitehead [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 20:16:26 +0000 (16:16 -0400)]
lan743x: Add support for ethtool get_drvinfo

Implement ethtool get_drvinfo

Signed-off-by: Bryan Whitehead <Bryan.Whitehead@microchip.com>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge branch 'sh_eth-clean-up-the-TSU-register-accessors'
David S. Miller [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:34:51 +0000 (12:34 -0700)]
Merge branch 'sh_eth-clean-up-the-TSU-register-accessors'

Sergei Shtylyov says:

====================
sh_eth: clean up the TSU register accessors

Here's a set of 5 patches against DaveM's 'net-next.git' repo. They do
a final clean up of the TSU register accessors...
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agosh_eth: make sh_eth_tsu_{read|write}_entry() prototypes symmetric
Sergei Shtylyov [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 18:15:47 +0000 (21:15 +0300)]
sh_eth: make sh_eth_tsu_{read|write}_entry() prototypes symmetric

sh_eth_tsu_read_entry() is still asymmetric with sh_eth_tsu_write_entry()
WRT their prototypes -- make them symmetric by passing to the former a TSU
register offset instead of its address and also adding the (now necessary)
'ndev' parameter...

Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <sergei.shtylyov@cogentembedded.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agosh_eth: make sh_eth_tsu_write_entry() take 'offset' parameter
Sergei Shtylyov [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 18:14:38 +0000 (21:14 +0300)]
sh_eth: make sh_eth_tsu_write_entry() take 'offset' parameter

We can add the TSU register base address to a TSU register offset right
in sh_eth_tsu_write_entry(),  no need to do it in its callers...

Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <sergei.shtylyov@cogentembedded.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agosh_eth: call sh_eth_tsu_get_offset() from TSU register accessors
Sergei Shtylyov [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 18:12:38 +0000 (21:12 +0300)]
sh_eth: call sh_eth_tsu_get_offset() from TSU register accessors

With sh_eth_tsu_get_offset() now actually returning TSU register's offset,
we  can at last use it in sh_eth_tsu_{read|write}(). Somehow this saves 248
bytes of object code with AArch64 gcc 4.8.5... :-)

Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <sergei.shtylyov@cogentembedded.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agosh_eth: make sh_eth_tsu_get_offset() match its name
Sergei Shtylyov [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 18:11:19 +0000 (21:11 +0300)]
sh_eth: make sh_eth_tsu_get_offset() match its name

sh_eth_tsu_get_offset(), despite its name, returns a TSU register's address,
not its offset.  Make this  function match its name and return a register's
offset  from the TSU  registers base address instead.

Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <sergei.shtylyov@cogentembedded.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agosh_eth: uninline sh_eth_tsu_get_offset()
Sergei Shtylyov [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 18:10:02 +0000 (21:10 +0300)]
sh_eth: uninline sh_eth_tsu_get_offset()

sh_eth_tsu_get_offset() is called several  times  by the driver, remove
*inline* and move  that function  from the header to the driver  itself
to let gcc decide  whether to expand it inline or not...

Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <sergei.shtylyov@cogentembedded.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agowan/fsl_ucc_hdlc: use IS_ERR_VALUE() to check return value of qe_muram_alloc
YueHaibing [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 14:12:33 +0000 (22:12 +0800)]
wan/fsl_ucc_hdlc: use IS_ERR_VALUE() to check return value of qe_muram_alloc

qe_muram_alloc return a unsigned long integer,which should not
compared with zero. check it using IS_ERR_VALUE() to fix this.

Fixes: c19b6d246a35 ("drivers/net: support hdlc function for QE-UCC")
Signed-off-by: YueHaibing <yuehaibing@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge branch 'smc-next'
David S. Miller [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 17:57:14 +0000 (10:57 -0700)]
Merge branch 'smc-next'

Ursula Braun says:

====================
net/smc: patches 2018-07-23

here are some small patches for SMC: Just the first patch contains a
functional change. It allows to differ between the modes SMCR and SMCD
on s390 when monitoring SMC sockets. The remaining patches are cleanups
without functional changes.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet/smc: remove local variable page in smc_rx_splice()
Ursula Braun [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:53:12 +0000 (13:53 +0200)]
net/smc: remove local variable page in smc_rx_splice()

The page map address is already stored in the RMB descriptor.
There is no need to derive it from the cpu_addr value.

Signed-off-by: Ursula Braun <ubraun@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet/smc: use DECLARE_BITMAP for rtokens_used_mask
Ursula Braun [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:53:11 +0000 (13:53 +0200)]
net/smc: use DECLARE_BITMAP for rtokens_used_mask

Link group field tokens_used_mask is a bitmap. Use macro
DECLARE_BITMAP for its definition.

Signed-off-by: Ursula Braun <ubraun@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet/smc: add function to get link group from link
Stefan Raspl [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:53:10 +0000 (13:53 +0200)]
net/smc: add function to get link group from link

Replace a frequently used construct with a more readable variant,
reducing the code. Also might come handy when we start to support
more than a single per link group.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Raspl <raspl@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Ursula Braun <ubraun@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet/smc: eliminate cursor read and write calls
Stefan Raspl [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:53:09 +0000 (13:53 +0200)]
net/smc: eliminate cursor read and write calls

The functions to read and write cursors are exclusively used to copy
cursors. Therefore switch to a respective function instead.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Raspl <raspl@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Ursula Braun <ubraun@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet/smc: provide smc mode in smc_diag.c
Karsten Graul [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:53:08 +0000 (13:53 +0200)]
net/smc: provide smc mode in smc_diag.c

Rename field diag_fallback into diag_mode and set the smc mode of a
connection explicitly.

Signed-off-by: Karsten Graul <kgraul@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Ursula Braun <ubraun@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoselftests: forwarding: gre_multipath: Drop IPv6 tests
Petr Machata [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:33:08 +0000 (12:33 +0200)]
selftests: forwarding: gre_multipath: Drop IPv6 tests

Support for device-only IPv6 multipath next hops was dropped in
commit 33bd5ac54dc4 ("net/ipv6: Revert attempt to simplify route replace
and append") and as of commit b5d2d75e079a ("net/ipv6: Do not allow
device only routes via the multipath API"), attempts to add a next hop
like that yield an explicit diagnostic.

Correspondingly, drop the IPv6 parts of GRE multipath test that are
supposed to test that code.

Signed-off-by: Petr Machata <petrm@mellanox.com>
Reviewed-by: David Ahern <dsahern@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoipv6: sr: Use kmemdup instead of duplicating it in parse_nla_srh
YueHaibing [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 08:33:19 +0000 (16:33 +0800)]
ipv6: sr: Use kmemdup instead of duplicating it in parse_nla_srh

Replace calls to kmalloc followed by a memcpy with a direct call to
kmemdup.

Signed-off-by: YueHaibing <yuehaibing@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge branch 'net-bridge-add-support-for-backup-port'
David S. Miller [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 16:32:15 +0000 (09:32 -0700)]
Merge branch 'net-bridge-add-support-for-backup-port'

Nikolay Aleksandrov says:

====================
net: bridge: add support for backup port

This set introduces a new bridge port option that allows any port to have
any other port (in the same bridge of course) as its backup and traffic
will be forwarded to the backup port when the primary goes down. This is
mainly used in MLAG and EVPN setups where we have peerlink path which is
a backup of many (or even all) ports and is a participating bridge port
itself. There's more detailed information in patch 02. Patch 01 just
prepares the port sysfs code for options that take raw value. The main
issues that this set solves are scalability and fallback latency.

We have used similar code for over 6 months now to bring the fallback
latency of the backup peerlink down and avoid fdb notification storms.
Also due to the nature of master devices such setup is currently not
possible, and last but not least having tens of thousands of fdbs require
thousands of calls to switch.

I've also CCed our MLAG experts that have been using similar option.

Roopa also adds:

"Two switches acting in a MLAG pair are connected by the peerlink
interface which is a bridge port.

the config on one of the switches looks like the below. The other
switch also has a similar config.
eth0 is connected to one port on the server. And the server is
connected to both switches.

br0 -- team0---eth0
      |
      -- switch-peerlink

switch-peerlink becomes the failover/backport port when say team0 to
the server goes down.
Today, when team0 goes down, control plane has to withdraw all the fdb
entries pointing to team0
and re-install the fdb entries pointing to switch-peerlink...and
restore the fdb entries when team0 comes back up again.
and  this is the problem we are trying to solve.

This also becomes necessary when multihoming is implemented by a
standard like E-VPN https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8365#section-8
where the 'switch-peerlink' is an overlay vxlan port (like nikolay
mentions in his patch commit). In these implementations, the fdb scale
can be much larger.

On why bond failover cannot be used here ?: the point that nikolay was
alluding to is, switch-peerlink in the above example is a bridge port
and is a failover/backport port for more than one or all ports in the
bridge br0. And you cannot enslave switch-peerlink into a second level
team
with other bridge ports. Hence a multi layered team device is not an
option (FWIW, switch-peerlink is also a teamed interface to the peer
switch)."

v3: Added Roopa's explanation and diagram
v2: In patch 01 use kstrdup/kfree to avoid casting the const buf. In order
to avoid using GFP_ATOMIC or always allocating I kept the spinlock inside
each branch.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: bridge: add support for backup port
Nikolay Aleksandrov [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 08:16:59 +0000 (11:16 +0300)]
net: bridge: add support for backup port

This patch adds a new port attribute - IFLA_BRPORT_BACKUP_PORT, which
allows to set a backup port to be used for known unicast traffic if the
port has gone carrier down. The backup pointer is rcu protected and set
only under RTNL, a counter is maintained so when deleting a port we know
how many other ports reference it as a backup and we remove it from all.
Also the pointer is in the first cache line which is hot at the time of
the check and thus in the common case we only add one more test.
The backup port will be used only for the non-flooding case since
it's a part of the bridge and the flooded packets will be forwarded to it
anyway. To remove the forwarding just send a 0/non-existing backup port.
This is used to avoid numerous scalability problems when using MLAG most
notably if we have thousands of fdbs one would need to change all of them
on port carrier going down which takes too long and causes a storm of fdb
notifications (and again when the port comes back up). In a Multi-chassis
Link Aggregation setup usually hosts are connected to two different
switches which act as a single logical switch. Those switches usually have
a control and backup link between them called peerlink which might be used
for communication in case a host loses connectivity to one of them.
We need a fast way to failover in case a host port goes down and currently
none of the solutions (like bond) cannot fulfill the requirements because
the participating ports are actually the "master" devices and must have the
same peerlink as their backup interface and at the same time all of them
must participate in the bridge device. As Roopa noted it's normal practice
in routing called fast re-route where a precalculated backup path is used
when the main one is down.
Another use case of this is with EVPN, having a single vxlan device which
is backup of every port. Due to the nature of master devices it's not
currently possible to use one device as a backup for many and still have
all of them participate in the bridge (which is master itself).
More detailed information about MLAG is available at the link below.
https://docs.cumulusnetworks.com/display/DOCS/Multi-Chassis+Link+Aggregation+-+MLAG

Further explanation and a diagram by Roopa:
Two switches acting in a MLAG pair are connected by the peerlink
interface which is a bridge port.

the config on one of the switches looks like the below. The other
switch also has a similar config.
eth0 is connected to one port on the server. And the server is
connected to both switches.

br0 -- team0---eth0
      |
      -- switch-peerlink

Signed-off-by: Nikolay Aleksandrov <nikolay@cumulusnetworks.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: bridge: add support for raw sysfs port options
Nikolay Aleksandrov [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 08:16:58 +0000 (11:16 +0300)]
net: bridge: add support for raw sysfs port options

This patch adds a new alternative store callback for port sysfs options
which takes a raw value (buf) and can use it directly. It is needed for the
backup port sysfs support since we have to pass the device by its name.

Signed-off-by: Nikolay Aleksandrov <nikolay@cumulusnetworks.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: mediatek: use dma_zalloc_coherent instead of allocator/memset
YueHaibing [Mon, 23 Jul 2018 03:16:47 +0000 (11:16 +0800)]
net: mediatek: use dma_zalloc_coherent instead of allocator/memset

Use dma_zalloc_coherent instead of dma_alloc_coherent
followed by memset 0.

Signed-off-by: YueHaibing <yuehaibing@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonfp: avoid buffer leak when FW communication fails
Jakub Kicinski [Sat, 21 Jul 2018 04:14:39 +0000 (21:14 -0700)]
nfp: avoid buffer leak when FW communication fails

After device is stopped we reset the rings by moving all free buffers
to positions [0, cnt - 2], and clear the position cnt - 1 in the ring.
We then proceed to clear the read/write pointers.  This means that if
we try to reset the ring again the code will assume that the next to
fill buffer is at position 0 and swap it with cnt - 1.  Since we
previously cleared position cnt - 1 it will lead to leaking the first
buffer and leaving ring in a bad state.

This scenario can only happen if FW communication fails, in which case
the ring will never be used again, so the fact it's in a bad state will
not be noticed.  Buffer leak is the only problem.  Don't try to move
buffers in the ring if the read/write pointers indicate the ring was
never used or have already been reset.

nfp_net_clear_config_and_disable() is now fully idempotent.

Found by code inspection, FW communication failures are very rare,
and reconfiguring a live device is not common either, so it's unlikely
anyone has ever noticed the leak.

Signed-off-by: Jakub Kicinski <jakub.kicinski@netronome.com>
Reviewed-by: Dirk van der Merwe <dirk.vandermerwe@netronome.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonfp: bring back support for offloading shared blocks
Jakub Kicinski [Sat, 21 Jul 2018 04:14:38 +0000 (21:14 -0700)]
nfp: bring back support for offloading shared blocks

Now that we have offload replay infrastructure added by
commit 326367427cc0 ("net: sched: call reoffload op on block callback reg")
and flows are guaranteed to be removed correctly, we can revert
commit 951a8ee6def3 ("nfp: reject binding to shared blocks").

Signed-off-by: Jakub Kicinski <jakub.kicinski@netronome.com>
Reviewed-by: John Hurley <john.hurley@netronome.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoxen-netfront: fix queue name setting
Vitaly Kuznetsov [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 16:33:59 +0000 (18:33 +0200)]
xen-netfront: fix queue name setting

Commit f599c64fdf7d ("xen-netfront: Fix race between device setup and
open") changed the initialization order: xennet_create_queues() now
happens before we do register_netdev() so using netdev->name in
xennet_init_queue() is incorrect, we end up with the following in
/proc/interrupts:

 60:        139          0   xen-dyn    -event     eth%d-q0-tx
 61:        265          0   xen-dyn    -event     eth%d-q0-rx
 62:        234          0   xen-dyn    -event     eth%d-q1-tx
 63:          1          0   xen-dyn    -event     eth%d-q1-rx

and this looks ugly. Actually, using early netdev name (even when it's
already set) is also not ideal: nowadays we tend to rename eth devices
and queue name may end up not corresponding to the netdev name.

Use nodename from xenbus device for queue naming: this can't change in VM's
lifetime. Now /proc/interrupts looks like

 62:        202          0   xen-dyn    -event     device/vif/0-q0-tx
 63:        317          0   xen-dyn    -event     device/vif/0-q0-rx
 64:        262          0   xen-dyn    -event     device/vif/0-q1-tx
 65:         17          0   xen-dyn    -event     device/vif/0-q1-rx

Fixes: f599c64fdf7d ("xen-netfront: Fix race between device setup and open")
Signed-off-by: Vitaly Kuznetsov <vkuznets@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Ross Lagerwall <ross.lagerwall@citrix.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet/dsa/realtek: add MODULE_LICENSE()
Randy Dunlap [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 16:16:02 +0000 (09:16 -0700)]
net/dsa/realtek: add MODULE_LICENSE()

Add MODULE_LICENSE() to net/dsa/realtek.o to fix build warning message.

WARNING: modpost: missing MODULE_LICENSE() in drivers/net/dsa/realtek.o

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@infradead.org>
Cc: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agobonding: don't cast const buf in sysfs store
Nikolay Aleksandrov [Sun, 22 Jul 2018 08:37:31 +0000 (11:37 +0300)]
bonding: don't cast const buf in sysfs store

As was recently discussed [1], let's avoid casting the const buf in
bonding_sysfs_store_option and use kstrndup/kfree instead.

[1] http://lists.openwall.net/netdev/2018/07/22/25

Signed-off-by: Nikolay Aleksandrov <nikolay@cumulusnetworks.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge branch 'TX-used-ring-batched-updating-for-vhost'
David S. Miller [Sun, 22 Jul 2018 16:43:31 +0000 (09:43 -0700)]
Merge branch 'TX-used-ring-batched-updating-for-vhost'

Jason Wang says:

====================
TX used ring batched updating for vhost

This series implement batch updating of used ring for TX. This help to
reduce the cache contention on used ring. The idea is first split
datacopy path from zerocopy, and do only batching for datacopy. This
is because zercopy had already supported its own batching.

TX PPS was increased 25.8% and Netperf TCP does not show obvious
differences.

The split of datapath will also be helpful for future implementation
like in order completion.
====================

Acked-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agovhost_net: batch update used ring for datacopy TX
Jason Wang [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 00:15:21 +0000 (08:15 +0800)]
vhost_net: batch update used ring for datacopy TX

Like commit e2b3b35eb989 ("vhost_net: batch used ring update in rx"),
this patches implements batch used ring update for datacopy TX
(zerocopy has already done some kind of batching).

Testpmd transmission from guest to host (XDP_DROP on tap) shows 25.8%
improvement (from ~3.1Mpps to ~3.9Mpps) on Broadwell i7-5600U CPU @
2.60GHz machine. Netperf TCP tests does not show obvious differences.

Signed-off-by: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agovhost_net: rename VHOST_RX_BATCH to VHOST_NET_BATCH
Jason Wang [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 00:15:20 +0000 (08:15 +0800)]
vhost_net: rename VHOST_RX_BATCH to VHOST_NET_BATCH

A more generic name which could be used for TX as well.

Signed-off-by: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agovhost_net: rename vhost_rx_signal_used() to vhost_net_signal_used()
Jason Wang [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 00:15:19 +0000 (08:15 +0800)]
vhost_net: rename vhost_rx_signal_used() to vhost_net_signal_used()

Rename for reusing this for TX.

Signed-off-by: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agovhost_net: split out datacopy logic
Jason Wang [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 00:15:18 +0000 (08:15 +0800)]
vhost_net: split out datacopy logic

Instead of mixing zerocopy and datacopy logics, this patch tries to
split datacopy logic out. This results for a more compact code and
ad-hoc optimization could be done on top more easily.

Signed-off-by: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agovhost_net: introduce tx_can_batch()
Jason Wang [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 00:15:17 +0000 (08:15 +0800)]
vhost_net: introduce tx_can_batch()

Introduce tx_can_batch() to determine whether TX could be
batched. This will help to reduce the code duplication in the future.

Signed-off-by: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agovhost_net: introduce get_tx_bufs()
Jason Wang [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 00:15:16 +0000 (08:15 +0800)]
vhost_net: introduce get_tx_bufs()

Factor out logic of getting tx buffer and iov iter
initialization. This will be used for reducing codes duplication in
the future.

Signed-off-by: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agovhost_net: introduce vhost_exceeds_weight()
Jason Wang [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 00:15:15 +0000 (08:15 +0800)]
vhost_net: introduce vhost_exceeds_weight()

Signed-off-by: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agovhost_net: introduce helper to initialize tx iov iter
Jason Wang [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 00:15:14 +0000 (08:15 +0800)]
vhost_net: introduce helper to initialize tx iov iter

Introduce init_iov_iter() in order to be reused by future patch.

Signed-off-by: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agovhost_net: drop unnecessary parameter
Jason Wang [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 00:15:13 +0000 (08:15 +0800)]
vhost_net: drop unnecessary parameter

Signed-off-by: Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agomulticast: remove useless parameter for group add
Hangbin Liu [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 06:07:42 +0000 (14:07 +0800)]
multicast: remove useless parameter for group add

Remove the mode parameter for igmp/igmp6_group_added as we can get it
from first parameter.

Fixes: 6e2059b53f988 (ipv4/igmp: init group mode as INCLUDE when join source group)
Fixes: c7ea20c9da5b9 (ipv6/mcast: init as INCLUDE when join SSM INCLUDE group)
Signed-off-by: Hangbin Liu <liuhangbin@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: wimax: stack: fixed multi line comment issue
Mark Railton [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 23:11:46 +0000 (00:11 +0100)]
net: wimax: stack: fixed multi line comment issue

Moved end of comment to it's own line per guide

Signed-off-by: Mark Railton <mark@markrailton.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: phy: sfp: Do not use "imply HWMON"
Guenter Roeck [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 16:41:39 +0000 (09:41 -0700)]
net: phy: sfp: Do not use "imply HWMON"

"imply HWMON" was supposed to ensure that the SFP phy code can be built
with HWMON enabled or disabled while at the same time ensuring that
HWMON is not built as module if SFP is built into the kernel.
Unfortunately, that does not work as intended. With "allmodconfig", it
results in several unrelated HWMON drivers to be disabled instead of
being built as module as expected.

Let's use the old "depends on HWMON || HWMON=n" instead. This is slightly
different (it enforces SFP to be built as module if HWMON is built as
module), but it is better than the alternative of using "IS_REACHABLE()"
in the driver since that would disable sensor support if HWMON is built
as module and SFP is built into the kernel.

Fixes: 1323061a018a ("net: phy: sfp: Add HWMON support for module sensors")
Cc: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agolibcxgb: replace vmalloc and memset with vzalloc
YueHaibing [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 14:18:27 +0000 (22:18 +0800)]
libcxgb: replace vmalloc and memset with vzalloc

Use vzalloc instead of the vmalloc, memset combo

Signed-off-by: YueHaibing <yuehaibing@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: hix5hd2_gmac: use dma_zalloc_coherent instead of allocator/memset
YueHaibing [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:57:11 +0000 (21:57 +0800)]
net: hix5hd2_gmac: use dma_zalloc_coherent instead of allocator/memset

Use dma_zalloc_coherent instead of dma_alloc_coherent
followed by memset 0.

Signed-off-by: YueHaibing <yuehaibing@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agotipc: make some functions static
YueHaibing [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 09:16:59 +0000 (17:16 +0800)]
tipc: make some functions static

Fixes the following sparse warnings:

net/tipc/link.c:376:5: warning: symbol 'link_bc_rcv_gap' was not declared. Should it be static?
net/tipc/link.c:823:6: warning: symbol 'link_prepare_wakeup' was not declared. Should it be static?
net/tipc/link.c:959:6: warning: symbol 'tipc_link_advance_backlog' was not declared. Should it be static?
net/tipc/link.c:1009:5: warning: symbol 'tipc_link_retrans' was not declared. Should it be static?
net/tipc/monitor.c:687:5: warning: symbol '__tipc_nl_add_monitor_peer' was not declared. Should it be static?
net/tipc/group.c:230:20: warning: symbol 'tipc_group_find_member' was not declared. Should it be static?

Signed-off-by: YueHaibing <yuehaibing@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: sched: use PTR_ERR_OR_ZERO macro in tcf_block_cb_register
Gustavo A. R. Silva [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 04:14:17 +0000 (23:14 -0500)]
net: sched: use PTR_ERR_OR_ZERO macro in tcf_block_cb_register

This line makes up what macro PTR_ERR_OR_ZERO already does. So,
make use of PTR_ERR_OR_ZERO rather than an open-code version.

This code was detected with the help of Coccinelle.

Signed-off-by: Gustavo A. R. Silva <gustavo@embeddedor.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge branch 'tcp-improve-setsockopt-TCP_USER_TIMEOUT-accuracy'
David S. Miller [Sat, 21 Jul 2018 17:28:55 +0000 (10:28 -0700)]
Merge branch 'tcp-improve-setsockopt-TCP_USER_TIMEOUT-accuracy'

Jon Maxwell says:

====================
tcp: improve setsockopt() TCP_USER_TIMEOUT accuracy

The patch was becoming bigger based on feedback therefore I have
implemented a series of 3 commits instead in V4.

This series is a continuation based on V3 here and associated feedback:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10516195/

Suggestions by Neal Cardwell:

1) Fix up units mismatch regarding msec/jiffies.
2) Address possiblility of time_remaining being negative.
3) Add a helper routine tcp_clamp_rto_to_user_timeout() to do the rto
calculation.
4) Move start_ts logic into helper routine tcp_retrans_stamp() to
validate tcp_sk(sk)->retrans_stamp.
5) Some u32 declation and return refactoring.
6) Return 0 instead of false in tcp_retransmit_stamp(), it's not a bool.

Suggestions by David Laight:

1) Don't cache rto in tcp_clamp_rto_to_user_timeout().

Suggestions by Eric Dumazet:

1) Make u32 declartions consistent.
2) Use patch series for easier review.
3) Convert icsk->icsk_user_timeout to millisconds to avoid jiffie to
msec dance.
4) Use seperate titles for each commit in the series.
5) Fix fuzzy indentation and line wrap issues.
6) Make commit titles descriptive.

Changes:

1) Call tcp_clamp_rto_to_user_timeout(sk) as an argument to
inet_csk_reset_xmit_timer() to save on rto declaration.

Every time the TCP retransmission timer fires. It checks to see if
there is a timeout before scheduling the next retransmit timer. The
retransmit interval between each retransmission increases
exponentially. The issue is that in order for the timeout to occur the
retransmit timer needs to fire again. If the user timeout check happens
after the 9th retransmit for example. It needs to wait for the 10th
retransmit timer to fire in order to evaluate whether a timeout has
occurred or not. If the interval is large enough then the timeout will
be inaccurate.

For example with a TCP_USER_TIMEOUT of 10 seconds without patch:

1st retransmit:

22:25:18.973488 IP host1.49310 > host2.search-agent: Flags [.]

Last retransmit:

22:25:26.205499 IP host1.49310 > host2.search-agent: Flags [.]

Timeout:

send: Connection timed out
Sun Jul  1 22:25:34 EDT 2018

We can see that last retransmit took ~7 seconds. Which pushed the total
timeout to ~15 seconds instead of the expected 10 seconds. This gets
more inaccurate the larger the TCP_USER_TIMEOUT value. As the interval
increases.

Add tcp_clamp_rto_to_user_timeout() to determine if the user rto has
expired. Or whether the rto interval needs to be recalculated. Use the
original interval if user rto is not set.

Test results with the patch is the expected 10 second timeout:

1st retransmit:

01:37:59.022555 IP host1.49310 > host2.search-agent: Flags [.]

Last retransmit:

01:38:06.486558 IP host1.49310 > host2.search-agent: Flags [.]

Timeout:

send: Connection timed out
Mon Jul  2 01:38:09 EDT 2018
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agotcp: Add tcp_clamp_rto_to_user_timeout() helper to improve accuracy
Jon Maxwell [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 01:14:44 +0000 (11:14 +1000)]
tcp: Add tcp_clamp_rto_to_user_timeout() helper to improve accuracy

Create the tcp_clamp_rto_to_user_timeout() helper routine. To calculate
the correct rto, so that the TCP_USER_TIMEOUT socket option is more
accurate. Taking suggestions and feedback into account from
Eric Dumazet, Neal Cardwell and David Laight. Due to the 1st commit we
can avoid the msecs_to_jiffies() and jiffies_to_msecs() dance.

Signed-off-by: Jon Maxwell <jmaxwell37@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agotcp: Add tcp_retransmit_stamp() helper routine
Jon Maxwell [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 01:14:43 +0000 (11:14 +1000)]
tcp: Add tcp_retransmit_stamp() helper routine

Create a seperate helper routine as per Neal Cardwells suggestion. To
be used by the final commit in this series and retransmits_timed_out().

Signed-off-by: Jon Maxwell <jmaxwell37@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agotcp: convert icsk_user_timeout from jiffies to msecs
Jon Maxwell [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 01:14:42 +0000 (11:14 +1000)]
tcp: convert icsk_user_timeout from jiffies to msecs

This is a preparatory commit. Part of this series that improves the
socket TCP_USER_TIMEOUT option accuracy. Implement Eric Dumazets idea
to convert icsk->icsk_user_timeout from jiffies to msecs. To eliminate
the msecs_to_jiffies() and jiffies_to_msecs() dance in future.

Signed-off-by: Jon Maxwell <jmaxwell37@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge branch 's390-qeth-updates'
David S. Miller [Sat, 21 Jul 2018 17:12:30 +0000 (10:12 -0700)]
Merge branch 's390-qeth-updates'

Julian Wiedmann says:

====================
s390/qeth: updates 2018-07-19

please apply one more round of qeth patches to net-next.
This brings additional performance improvements for the transmit code,
and some refactoring to pave the way for using netdev_priv.
Also, two minor fixes for rare corner cases.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agos390/qeth: speed up L2 IQD xmit
Julian Wiedmann [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:43:58 +0000 (12:43 +0200)]
s390/qeth: speed up L2 IQD xmit

Modify the L2 OSA xmit path so that it also supports L2 IQD devices
(in particular, their HW header requirements). This allows IQD devices
to advertise NETIF_F_SG support, and eliminates the allocation overhead
for the HW header.

Signed-off-by: Julian Wiedmann <jwi@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agos390/qeth: add support for constrained HW headers
Julian Wiedmann [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:43:57 +0000 (12:43 +0200)]
s390/qeth: add support for constrained HW headers

Some transmit modes require that the HW header is located in the same
page as the initial protocol headers in skb->data. Let callers specify
the size of this contiguous header range, and enforce it when building
the HW header.

While at it, apply some gentle renaming to the relevant L2 code so that
it matches the L3 code.

Signed-off-by: Julian Wiedmann <jwi@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agos390/qeth: merge linearize-check into HW header construction
Julian Wiedmann [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:43:56 +0000 (12:43 +0200)]
s390/qeth: merge linearize-check into HW header construction

When checking whether an skb needs to be linearized to fit into an IO
buffer, it's desirable to consider the skb's final size and layout
(ie. after the HW header was added). But a subsequent linearization can
then cause the re-positioned HW header to violate its alignment
restrictions.

Dealing with this situation in two different code paths is quite tricky.
This patch integrates a) linearize-check and b) HW header construction
into one 3 step-sequence:
1. evaluate how the HW header needs to be added (to identify if it takes
   up an additional buffer element), then
2. check if the required buffer elements exceed the device's limit.
   Linearize when necessary and re-evaluate the HW header placement.
3. Add the HW header in the best-possible way:
   a) push, without taking up an additional buffer element
   b) push, but consume another buffer element
   c) allocate a header object from the cache.

Signed-off-by: Julian Wiedmann <jwi@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agos390/qeth: add statistics for consumed buffer elements
Julian Wiedmann [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:43:55 +0000 (12:43 +0200)]
s390/qeth: add statistics for consumed buffer elements

Nowadays an skb fragment typically spans over multiple pages. So replace
the obsolete, SG-only 'fragments' counter with one that tracks the
consumed buffer elements. This is what actually matters for performance.

Signed-off-by: Julian Wiedmann <jwi@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agos390/qeth: use core MTU range checking
Julian Wiedmann [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:43:54 +0000 (12:43 +0200)]
s390/qeth: use core MTU range checking

qeth's ndo_change_mtu() only applies some trivial bounds checking. Set
up dev->min_mtu properly, so that dev_set_mtu() can do this for us.

Signed-off-by: Julian Wiedmann <jwi@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agos390/qeth: simplify max MTU handling
Julian Wiedmann [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:43:53 +0000 (12:43 +0200)]
s390/qeth: simplify max MTU handling

When the MPC initialization code discovers the HW-specific max MTU,
apply the resulting changes straight to the netdevice.

If this is the device's first initialization, also set its MTU
(HiperSockets: the max MTU; else: a layer-specific default value).
Then cap the current MTU by the new max MTU.

Signed-off-by: Julian Wiedmann <jwi@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agos390/qeth: don't cache HW port number
Julian Wiedmann [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:43:52 +0000 (12:43 +0200)]
s390/qeth: don't cache HW port number

The netdevice is always available now, so get the portno from there.

Signed-off-by: Julian Wiedmann <jwi@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agos390/qeth: allocate netdevice early
Julian Wiedmann [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:43:51 +0000 (12:43 +0200)]
s390/qeth: allocate netdevice early

Allocation of the netdevice is currently delayed until a qeth card first
goes online. This complicates matters in several places, where we need
to cache values instead of applying them straight to the netdevice.

Improve on this by moving the allocation up to where the qeth card
itself is created. This is also one step in direction of eventually
placing the qeth card into netdev_priv().

In all subsequent code, remove the now redundant checks whether
card->dev is valid.

Signed-off-by: Julian Wiedmann <jwi@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agos390/qeth: remove redundant netif_carrier_ok() checks
Julian Wiedmann [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:43:50 +0000 (12:43 +0200)]
s390/qeth: remove redundant netif_carrier_ok() checks

netif_carrier_off() does its own checking.

Signed-off-by: Julian Wiedmann <jwi@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agos390/qeth: reset layer2 attribute on layer switch
Julian Wiedmann [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:43:49 +0000 (12:43 +0200)]
s390/qeth: reset layer2 attribute on layer switch

After the subdriver's remove() routine has completed, the card's layer
mode is undetermined again. Reflect this in the layer2 field.

If qeth_dev_layer2_store() hits an error after remove() was called, the
card _always_ requires a setup(), even if the previous layer mode is
requested again.
But qeth_dev_layer2_store() bails out early if the requested layer mode
still matches the current one. So unless we reset the layer2 field,
re-probing the card back to its previous mode is currently not possible.

Signed-off-by: Julian Wiedmann <jwi@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agos390/qeth: fix race in used-buffer accounting
Julian Wiedmann [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:43:48 +0000 (12:43 +0200)]
s390/qeth: fix race in used-buffer accounting

By updating q->used_buffers only _after_ do_QDIO() has completed, there
is a potential race against the buffer's TX completion. In the unlikely
case that the TX completion path wins, qeth_qdio_output_handler() would
decrement the counter before qeth_flush_buffers() even incremented it.

Signed-off-by: Julian Wiedmann <jwi@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge branch 'hns3-misc-cleanups'
David S. Miller [Sat, 21 Jul 2018 15:44:24 +0000 (08:44 -0700)]
Merge branch 'hns3-misc-cleanups'

Salil Mehta says:

====================
Misc. cleanups for HNS3 ethernet driver

This patch-set presents some cleanups for HNS3 Ethernet Driver.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: hns3: Add SPDX tags to HNS3 PF driver
Jian Shen [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 14:47:06 +0000 (15:47 +0100)]
net: hns3: Add SPDX tags to HNS3 PF driver

Add the SPDX identifiers to HNS3 PF driver.

Signed-off-by: Jian Shen <shenjian15@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Peng Li <lipeng321@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Salil Mehta <salil.mehta@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: hns3: Remove unused struct member and definition
Jian Shen [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 14:47:05 +0000 (15:47 +0100)]
net: hns3: Remove unused struct member and definition

The struct hclge_desc_cb and hclge_desc_cb are never used in
anywhere. This patch removes them.

Signed-off-by: Jian Shen <shenjian15@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Peng Li <lipeng321@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Salil Mehta <salil.mehta@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: hns3: Fix misleading parameter name
Jian Shen [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 14:47:04 +0000 (15:47 +0100)]
net: hns3: Fix misleading parameter name

The input parameter "dev" of hns3_irq_handle() is indeed
used as a tqp vector, it is misleadin.

The struct member "flag" is used to indicate ring type,
so rename it.

Signed-off-by: Jian Shen <shenjian15@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Peng Li <lipeng321@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Salil Mehta <salil.mehta@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: hns3: Modify inconsistent bit mask macros
Jian Shen [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 14:47:03 +0000 (15:47 +0100)]
net: hns3: Modify inconsistent bit mask macros

Use BIT() and GENMASK() to convert the bit mask, modify
the inconsistent ones, and remove useless ones.

Signed-off-by: Jian Shen <shenjian15@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Peng Li <lipeng321@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Salil Mehta <salil.mehta@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: hns3: Use decimal for bit offset macros
Jian Shen [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 14:47:02 +0000 (15:47 +0100)]
net: hns3: Use decimal for bit offset macros

Using hex for bit offsets is inconsistent with the rest
of the file. Change them to decimal.

Signed-off-by: Jian Shen <shenjian15@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Peng Li <lipeng321@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Salil Mehta <salil.mehta@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: hns3: Correct unreasonable code comments
Jian Shen [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 14:47:01 +0000 (15:47 +0100)]
net: hns3: Correct unreasonable code comments

This patch fixes some comment spelling errors, removes
redundant comments, rewrites misleading comments, and
adds some necessary comments.

Signed-off-by: Jian Shen <shenjian15@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Peng Li <lipeng321@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Salil Mehta <salil.mehta@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: hns3: Remove extra space and brackets
Jian Shen [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 14:47:00 +0000 (15:47 +0100)]
net: hns3: Remove extra space and brackets

Remove extra space and brackets.

Signed-off-by: Jian Shen <shenjian15@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Peng Li <lipeng321@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Salil Mehta <salil.mehta@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: hns3: Standardize the handle of return value
Jian Shen [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 14:46:59 +0000 (15:46 +0100)]
net: hns3: Standardize the handle of return value

Apply the standard minor cleanup by returning ret outside
the brackets.

Signed-off-by: Jian Shen <shenjian15@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Peng Li <lipeng321@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Salil Mehta <salil.mehta@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: hns3: Remove some redundant assignments
Jian Shen [Thu, 19 Jul 2018 14:46:58 +0000 (15:46 +0100)]
net: hns3: Remove some redundant assignments

Remove some redundant assignments, because they have
been set to zero when allocate hdev.

Signed-off-by: Jian Shen <shenjian15@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Peng Li <lipeng321@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Salil Mehta <salil.mehta@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bpf/bpf-next
David S. Miller [Sat, 21 Jul 2018 06:58:30 +0000 (23:58 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/bpf/bpf-next

Daniel Borkmann says:

====================
pull-request: bpf-next 2018-07-20

The following pull-request contains BPF updates for your *net-next* tree.

The main changes are:

1) Add sharing of BPF objects within one ASIC: this allows for reuse of
   the same program on multiple ports of a device, and therefore gains
   better code store utilization. On top of that, this now also enables
   sharing of maps between programs attached to different ports of a
   device, from Jakub.

2) Cleanup in libbpf and bpftool's Makefile to reduce unneeded feature
   detections and unused variable exports, also from Jakub.

3) First batch of RCU annotation fixes in prog array handling, i.e.
   there are several __rcu markers which are not correct as well as
   some of the RCU handling, from Roman.

4) Two fixes in BPF sample files related to checking of the prog_cnt
   upper limit from sample loader, from Dan.

5) Minor cleanup in sockmap to remove a set but not used variable,
   from Colin.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge branch 'Make-sys-class-net-per-net-namespace-objects-belong-to-container'
David S. Miller [Sat, 21 Jul 2018 06:44:36 +0000 (23:44 -0700)]
Merge branch 'Make-sys-class-net-per-net-namespace-objects-belong-to-container'

Tyler Hicks says:

====================
Make /sys/class/net per net namespace objects belong to container

This is a revival of an older patch set from Dmitry Torokhov:

 https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/1471386795-32918-1-git-send-email-dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com/

My submission of v2 is here:

 https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/1531497949-1766-1-git-send-email-tyhicks@canonical.com/

Here's Dmitry's description:

 There are objects in /sys hierarchy (/sys/class/net/) that logically
 belong to a namespace/container. Unfortunately all sysfs objects start
 their life belonging to global root, and while we could change
 ownership manually, keeping tracks of all objects that come and go is
 cumbersome. It would be better if kernel created them using correct
 uid/gid from the beginning.

 This series changes kernfs to allow creating object's with arbitrary
 uid/gid, adds get_ownership() callback to ktype structure so subsystems
 could supply their own logic (likely tied to namespace support) for
 determining ownership of kobjects, and adjusts sysfs code to make use
 of this information. Lastly net-sysfs is adjusted to make sure that
 objects in net namespace are owned by the root user from the owning
 user namespace.

 Note that we do not adjust ownership of objects moved into a new
 namespace (as when moving a network device into a container) as
 userspace can easily do it.

I'm reviving this patch set because we would like this feature for
system containers. One specific use case that we have is that libvirt is
unable to configure its bridge device inside of a system container due
to the bridge files in /sys/class/net/ being owned by init root instead
of container root. The last two patches in this set are patches that
I've added to Dmitry's original set to allow such configuration of the
bridge device.

Eric had previously provided feedback that he didn't favor these changes
affecting all layers of the stack and that most of the changes could
remain local to drivers/base/core.c. That feedback is certainly sensible
but I wanted to send out v2 of the patch set without making that large
of a change since quite a bit of time has passed and the bridge changes
in the last patch of this set shows that not all of the changes will be
local to drivers/base/core.c. I'm happy to make the changes if the
original request still stands.

* Changes since v2:
  - Added my Co-Developed-by and Signed-off-by tags to all of Dmitry's
    patches that I've modified
  - Patch 1 received build failure fixes in
    arch/x86/kernel/cpu/intel_rdt_rdtgroup.c
  - Patch 2 was updated to drop the declaration of sysfs_add_file() from
    sysfs.h since the patch removed all other uses of the function
  - Patch 5 is a new patch that prevents tx_maxrate from being written
    to from inside of a container
    + Maybe I'm being too cautious here but the restriction can always
      be loosened up later
  - Patches 6 and 7 were updated to make net_ns_get_ownership() always
    initialize uid and gid, even when the network namespace is NULL, so
    that it isn't a dangerous function to reuse
    + Requested by Christian Brauner
  - I've looked at all sysfs attributes affected by this patch set and
    feel comfortable about the changes. There are quite a few affected
    attributes that don't have any capable()/ns_capable() checks in
    their store operations (per_bond_attrs, at91_sysfs_attrs,
    sysfs_grcan_attrs, ican3_sysfs_attrs, cdc_ncm_sysfs_attrs,
    qmi_wwan_sysfs_attrs) but I think this is acceptable. It means that
    container root, rather than specifically CAP_NET_ADMIN inside of the
    network namespace that the device belongs to, can write to those
    device attributes. It's the same situation that those devices have
    today in that init root is able to write to the attributes without
    necessarily having CAP_NET_ADMIN. I think that this should probably
    be fixed in order to be consistent with what netdev_store() does by
    verifying CAP_NET_ADMIN in the network namespace but that it doesn't
    need to happen in this patch set.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agobridge: make sure objects belong to container's owner
Tyler Hicks [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 21:56:54 +0000 (21:56 +0000)]
bridge: make sure objects belong to container's owner

When creating various bridge objects in /sys/class/net/... make sure
that they belong to the container's owner instead of global root (if
they belong to a container/namespace).

Signed-off-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: create reusable function for getting ownership info of sysfs inodes
Tyler Hicks [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 21:56:53 +0000 (21:56 +0000)]
net: create reusable function for getting ownership info of sysfs inodes

Make net_ns_get_ownership() reusable by networking code outside of core.
This is useful, for example, to allow bridge related sysfs files to be
owned by container root.

Add a function comment since this is a potentially dangerous function to
use given the way that kobject_get_ownership() works by initializing uid
and gid before calling .get_ownership().

Signed-off-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet-sysfs: make sure objects belong to container's owner
Dmitry Torokhov [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 21:56:52 +0000 (21:56 +0000)]
net-sysfs: make sure objects belong to container's owner

When creating various objects in /sys/class/net/... make sure that they
belong to container's owner instead of global root (if they belong to a
container/namespace).

Co-Developed-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet-sysfs: require net admin in the init ns for setting tx_maxrate
Tyler Hicks [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 21:56:51 +0000 (21:56 +0000)]
net-sysfs: require net admin in the init ns for setting tx_maxrate

An upcoming change will allow container root to open some /sys/class/net
files for writing. The tx_maxrate attribute can result in changes
to actual hardware devices so err on the side of caution by requiring
CAP_NET_ADMIN in the init namespace in the corresponding attribute store
operation.

Signed-off-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agodriver core: set up ownership of class devices in sysfs
Dmitry Torokhov [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 21:56:50 +0000 (21:56 +0000)]
driver core: set up ownership of class devices in sysfs

Plumb in get_ownership() callback for devices belonging to a class so that
they can be created with uid/gid different from global root. This will
allow network devices in a container to belong to container's root and not
global root.

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agokobject: kset_create_and_add() - fetch ownership info from parent
Dmitry Torokhov [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 21:56:49 +0000 (21:56 +0000)]
kobject: kset_create_and_add() - fetch ownership info from parent

This change implements get_ownership() for ksets created with
kset_create_and_add() call by fetching ownership data from parent kobject.
This is done mostly for benefit of "queues" attribute of net devices so
that corresponding directory belongs to container's root instead of global
root for network devices in a container.

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agosysfs, kobject: allow creating kobject belonging to arbitrary users
Dmitry Torokhov [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 21:56:48 +0000 (21:56 +0000)]
sysfs, kobject: allow creating kobject belonging to arbitrary users

Normally kobjects and their sysfs representation belong to global root,
however it is not necessarily the case for objects in separate namespaces.
For example, objects in separate network namespace logically belong to the
container's root and not global root.

This change lays groundwork for allowing network namespace objects
ownership to be transferred to container's root user by defining
get_ownership() callback in ktype structure and using it in sysfs code to
retrieve desired uid/gid when creating sysfs objects for given kobject.

Co-Developed-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agokernfs: allow creating kernfs objects with arbitrary uid/gid
Dmitry Torokhov [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 21:56:47 +0000 (21:56 +0000)]
kernfs: allow creating kernfs objects with arbitrary uid/gid

This change allows creating kernfs files and directories with arbitrary
uid/gid instead of always using GLOBAL_ROOT_UID/GID by extending
kernfs_create_dir_ns() and kernfs_create_file_ns() with uid/gid arguments.
The "simple" kernfs_create_file() and kernfs_create_dir() are left alone
and always create objects belonging to the global root.

When creating symlinks ownership (uid/gid) is taken from the target kernfs
object.

Co-Developed-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: Init backlog NAPI's gro_hash.
David S. Miller [Sat, 21 Jul 2018 06:37:55 +0000 (23:37 -0700)]
net: Init backlog NAPI's gro_hash.

Based upon a patch by Sean Tranchetti.

Fixes: d4546c2509b1 ("net: Convert GRO SKB handling to list_head.")
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pablo/nf-next
David S. Miller [Sat, 21 Jul 2018 05:28:28 +0000 (22:28 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/pablo/nf-next

Pablo Neira Ayuso says:

====================
Netfilter/IPVS updates for net-next

The following patchset contains Netfilter/IPVS updates for your net-next
tree:

1) No need to set ttl from reject action for the bridge family, from
   Taehee Yoo.

2) Use a fixed timeout for flow that are passed up from the flowtable
   to conntrack, from Florian Westphal.

3) More preparation patches for tproxy support for nf_tables, from Mate
   Eckl.

4) Remove unnecessary indirection in core IPv6 checksum function, from
   Florian Westphal.

5) Use nf_ct_get_tuplepr() from openvswitch, instead of opencoding it.
   From Florian Westphal.

6) socket match now selects socket infrastructure, instead of depending
   on it. From Mate Eckl.

7) Patch series to simplify conntrack tuple building/parsing from packet
   path and ctnetlink, from Florian Westphal.

8) Fetch timeout policy from protocol helpers, instead of doing it from
   core, from Florian Westphal.

9) Merge IPv4 and IPv6 protocol trackers into conntrack core, from
   Florian Westphal.

10) Depend on CONFIG_NF_TABLES_IPV6 and CONFIG_IP6_NF_IPTABLES
    respectively, instead of IPV6. Patch from Mate Eckl.

11) Add specific function for garbage collection in conncount,
    from Yi-Hung Wei.

12) Catch number of elements in the connlimit list, from Yi-Hung Wei.

13) Move locking to nf_conncount, from Yi-Hung Wei.

14) Series of patches to add lockless tree traversal in nf_conncount,
    from Yi-Hung Wei.

15) Resolve clash in matching conntracks when race happens, from
    Martynas Pumputis.

16) If connection entry times out, remove template entry from the
    ip_vs_conn_tab table to improve behaviour under flood, from
    Julian Anastasov.

17) Remove useless parameter from nf_ct_helper_ext_add(), from Gao feng.

18) Call abort from 2-phase commit protocol before requesting modules,
    make sure this is done under the mutex, from Florian Westphal.

19) Grab module reference when starting transaction, also from Florian.

20) Dynamically allocate expression info array for pre-parsing, from
    Florian.

21) Add per netns mutex for nf_tables, from Florian Westphal.

22) A couple of patches to simplify and refactor nf_osf code to prepare
    for nft_osf support.

23) Break evaluation on missing socket, from Mate Eckl.

24) Allow to match socket mark from nft_socket, from Mate Eckl.

25) Remove dependency on nf_defrag_ipv6, now that IPv6 tracker is
    built-in into nf_conntrack. From Florian Westphal.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge ra.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux
David S. Miller [Fri, 20 Jul 2018 21:45:10 +0000 (14:45 -0700)]
Merge ra./pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux

All conflicts were trivial overlapping changes, so reasonably
easy to resolve.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>