sfrench/cifs-2.6.git
14 years agoMerge branch 'linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/perex/alsa
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:37:23 +0000 (08:37 -0700)]
Merge branch 'linus' of /linux/kernel/git/perex/alsa

* 'linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/perex/alsa:
  [ALSA] version 1.0.15
  [ALSA] hda-codec - Fix possible array overflow
  [ALSA] sound/core/control.c: hard-irq-safe -> hard-irq-unsafe lock warning
  [ALSA] usb-audio: Another USB mic quirk for Logitech Communicator webcam
  [ALSA] hda-codec - Fix build without CONFIG_SND_HDA_GENERIC
  [ALSA] hda-codec - Fix Conexant 5045 volumes
  [ALSA] hda-codec - Fix conflict of Master volume in STAC92xx codec
  [ALSA] snd-bt87x: Make the load_all option work correctly
  [ALSA] protect Dreamcast PCM driver (AICA) from G2 bus effects
  [ALSA] bt87x - Fix section mismatch
  [ALSA] hda-codec - Fix AD1986A Lenovo auto-mute
  [ALSA] This simplifies and fixes waiting loops of the mce_down()

14 years agom68knommu: cleanup m68knommu timer code
Greg Ungerer [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:37:54 +0000 (14:37 +1000)]
m68knommu: cleanup m68knommu timer code

Reduce the function pointer mess of the m68knommu timer code by calling
directly to the local hardware's timer setup, and expose the local
common timer interrupt handler to the lower level hardware timer.

Ultimately this will save definitions of all these functions across all
the platform code to setup the function pointers (which for any given
m68knommu CPU family member can be only one set of hardware timer
functions).

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agom68knommu: new style ColdFire UART driver
Greg Ungerer [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:37:54 +0000 (14:37 +1000)]
m68knommu: new style ColdFire UART driver

A new style serial driver for the Freescale ColdFire UART to replace
the old style one currently in the tree (drivers/serial/mcfserial.c).

Currently this UART is only found in the ColdFire CPU family of parts
(thus I prefixed this patch [M68KNOMMU]).

This has been around for a long while now, tested on all available
platforms.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agom68knommu: fix make archclean
Greg Ungerer [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:37:54 +0000 (14:37 +1000)]
m68knommu: fix make archclean

Remove build reference to arch/m68knommu/boot directory, it doesn't
exist.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agom68knommu: remove use of undefined symbols in setup.c
Greg Ungerer [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:37:54 +0000 (14:37 +1000)]
m68knommu: remove use of undefined symbols in setup.c

Remove use of undefined symbols CONFIG_TELOS, CONFIG_M68EZ328ADS
and CONFIG_ALMA_ANS.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agom68knommu: improve mii_do_cmd code in FEC driver
Philippe De Muyter [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:37:54 +0000 (14:37 +1000)]
m68knommu: improve mii_do_cmd code in FEC driver

Improve the readability of mii_do_cmd().

Signed-off-by: Philippe De Muyter <phdm@macqel.be>
Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agom68knommu: fix syscall restart handling
Greg Ungerer [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:37:54 +0000 (14:37 +1000)]
m68knommu: fix syscall restart handling

Fix system call restart handling. We can call directly to the
restart handler, no need to back track through trap that isn't
even implemented on m68knommu.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agom68knommu: add make support for Savant/Rosie1 board
Wilson Callan [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:37:54 +0000 (14:37 +1000)]
m68knommu: add make support for Savant/Rosie1 board

Add make support for the Savant/Rosie1 board.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agom68knommu: no separate stack region to report at startup
Greg Ungerer [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:37:54 +0000 (14:37 +1000)]
m68knommu: no separate stack region to report at startup

There is no separate stack region addresses to print at startup time,
so remove it from the debug listing

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agom68knommu: add config support for Savant/Rosie1 board
Wilson Callan [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:37:54 +0000 (14:37 +1000)]
m68knommu: add config support for Savant/Rosie1 board

Add configure support for the Savant/Rosie1 board.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agom68knommu: updated defconfig
Greg Ungerer [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:37:54 +0000 (14:37 +1000)]
m68knommu: updated defconfig

Updated defconfig with new options for m68knommu.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agom68knommu: local module/elf definitions
Greg Ungerer [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:37:54 +0000 (14:37 +1000)]
m68knommu: local module/elf definitions

Up to now m68knommu has been using the asm-m68k/module.h instead of
defining its own. There are recent changes there that we don't need
(fixups specifically). We don't need much support here so it makes
sense to have an m68knommu specific one now.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agom68knommu: define __clear_user macro
Matt Waddel [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:37:54 +0000 (14:37 +1000)]
m68knommu: define __clear_user macro

Define __clear_user macro, consistent with other architectures.
fs/signalfd.c won't compile without it.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agom68knommu: fix syscall tracing
Matt Waddel [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:37:54 +0000 (14:37 +1000)]
m68knommu: fix syscall tracing

Fix the system call code for handling syscall tracing, so strace
and gdbserver work properly.

This fix originally developed by Philippe De Muyter and Stuart Hughes.

Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agom68knommu: improve code formating FEC driver
Philippe De Muyter [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:37:54 +0000 (14:37 +1000)]
m68knommu: improve code formating FEC driver

Indent all the `else' the same way.
Remove some unecesary white space.

Signed-off-by: Philippe De Muyter <phdm@macqel.be>
Signed-off-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@uclinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoChar: cyclades, fix potential NULL dereference
Jiri Slaby [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 03:45:13 +0000 (20:45 -0700)]
Char: cyclades, fix potential NULL dereference

ztxdone is jumped to even if tty is NULL and tty_wakeup placed after
this label doesn't expect NULLed parameter, so this will cause an oops
in some situations (why they scheduled a wakeup there before remove
bottom half processing patch?).

wakeup only in the case when we have non-null tty struct.

Spotted by Adrian Bunk.

Signed-off-by: Jiri Slaby <jirislaby@gmail.com>
Cc: Adrian Bunk <bunk@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agofix mprotect vma_wants_writenotify prot
Hugh Dickins [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 03:45:12 +0000 (20:45 -0700)]
fix mprotect vma_wants_writenotify prot

Fix mprotect bug in recent commit 3ed75eb8f1cd89565966599c4f77d2edb086d5b0
(setup vma->vm_page_prot by vm_get_page_prot()): the vma_wants_writenotify
case was setting the same prot as when not.

Nothing wrong with the use of protection_map[] in mmap_region(),
but use vm_get_page_prot() there too in the same ~VM_SHARED way.

Signed-off-by: Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com>
Cc: Coly Li <coyli@suse.de>
Cc: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agomd: raid5: fix clearing of biofill operations
Dan Williams [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 03:45:11 +0000 (20:45 -0700)]
md: raid5: fix clearing of biofill operations

ops_complete_biofill() runs outside of spin_lock(&sh->lock) and clears the
'pending' and 'ack' bits.  Since the test_and_ack_op() macro only checks
against 'complete' it can get an inconsistent snapshot of pending work.

Move the clearing of these bits to handle_stripe5(), under the lock.

Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
Tested-by: Joel Bertrand <joel.bertrand@systella.fr>
Signed-off-by: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: Stable <stable@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agomd: fix an unsigned compare to allow creation of bitmaps with v1.0 metadata
NeilBrown [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 03:45:11 +0000 (20:45 -0700)]
md: fix an unsigned compare to allow creation of bitmaps with v1.0 metadata

As page->index is unsigned, this all becomes an unsigned comparison,
which almost always returns an error.

Signed-off-by: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: Stable <stable@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years ago[ALSA] version 1.0.15
Jaroslav Kysela [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 06:09:20 +0000 (08:09 +0200)]
[ALSA] version 1.0.15

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix possible array overflow
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:20:10 +0000 (17:20 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix possible array overflow

dac_nids arrays in each codec support code may have up to 5 items
when assigned from the auto-configurator.  Some codec codes have
less numbers than the possible max.  This patch defines the constant
and fixes the array definitions.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
14 years ago[ALSA] sound/core/control.c: hard-irq-safe -> hard-irq-unsafe lock warning
Borislav Petkov [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:11:09 +0000 (17:11 +0200)]
[ALSA] sound/core/control.c: hard-irq-safe -> hard-irq-unsafe lock warning

The lock grabbed in snd_ctl_empty_read_queue() is hardirq-unsafe but we hold
an hardirq-safe one already, so make the &ctl->read_lock also hard-irq-safe.

Signed-off-by: Borislav Petkov <bbpetkov@yahoo.de>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
14 years ago[ALSA] usb-audio: Another USB mic quirk for Logitech Communicator webcam
Dawid Wrobel [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:57:17 +0000 (11:57 +0200)]
[ALSA] usb-audio: Another USB mic quirk for Logitech Communicator webcam

The patch adds the USB microphone quirk for Logitech Communicator
(046d:08f5 Logitech, Inc.) webcam.

Signed-off-by: Dawid Wrobel <dawid@klej.net>
Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix build without CONFIG_SND_HDA_GENERIC
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 19 Oct 2007 06:13:40 +0000 (08:13 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix build without CONFIG_SND_HDA_GENERIC

Fixed the build error from patch_sigmatel.c when built without
CONFIG_SND_HDA_GENERIC by defining a dummy function to return error.
Also, clean up hda_codec.c by removing unneeded ifdefs (the compiler
will optimize out).

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix Conexant 5045 volumes
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 19 Oct 2007 06:06:21 +0000 (08:06 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix Conexant 5045 volumes

Fixed the init verbs and added the missing volume controls so that
the driver works again with Conexant 5045 codec chip.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix conflict of Master volume in STAC92xx codec
Takashi Iwai [Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:33:27 +0000 (17:33 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix conflict of Master volume in STAC92xx codec

The addition of volume knob as Master volume resulted in conflict with
the existing one by stac92xx_auto_create_hp_ctls().
This patch fixes the conflict, and still keeps the Master control for
codecs without volume knob as much as possible.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
14 years ago[ALSA] snd-bt87x: Make the load_all option work correctly
Trent Piepho [Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:48:43 +0000 (10:48 +0200)]
[ALSA] snd-bt87x: Make the load_all option work correctly

If the load_all option was turned on all cards would be treated as unknown,
even those which are in the database.  Of course, if the card is in the
database there is no reason to use the load_all option.  It's there to force
loading when the card isn't in the database.  But there are out of date wikis
that say to do this and some distros might turn this option on by default.
So, we keep the load_all option from turning known cards into unknown cards.

Signed-off-by: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
14 years ago[ALSA] protect Dreamcast PCM driver (AICA) from G2 bus effects
Adrian McMenamin [Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:46:59 +0000 (10:46 +0200)]
[ALSA] protect Dreamcast PCM driver (AICA) from G2 bus effects

The G2 bus on the SEGA Dreamcast connects both the maple peripheral
bus and the AICA sound memory. DMA requests on one can cause the other
to timeout on memory operations.
This patch prevents maple interrupts from causing hiccoughs in the
AICA sound (maple bus code will land in 2.6.24).
There are other cleanups for this (AICA) code - but this is in effect
a regression fix rather than a cleanup.

Signed-off-by: Adrian McMenamin <adrian@mcmen.demon.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
14 years ago[ALSA] bt87x - Fix section mismatch
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:35:58 +0000 (10:35 +0200)]
[ALSA] bt87x - Fix section mismatch

const and __devinit aren't a good pair, resulting in a section
mismatch error.  Let's remove const as a temporary solution.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
14 years ago[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix AD1986A Lenovo auto-mute
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:09:32 +0000 (10:09 +0200)]
[ALSA] hda-codec - Fix AD1986A Lenovo auto-mute

The jack detection bit on AD1986A Lenovo N100 seems inverse from
the standard definition.  Now fixed the detection properly.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
14 years ago[ALSA] This simplifies and fixes waiting loops of the mce_down()
Krzysztof Helt [Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:54:58 +0000 (14:54 +0200)]
[ALSA] This simplifies and fixes waiting loops of the mce_down()

function after Trent Piepho's patch for AD1848.
It also makes busy_wait() function call not atomic.

Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Helt <krzysztof.h1@wp.pl>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
14 years agoprocfs: fix kernel-doc param warnings
Randy Dunlap [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 04:00:10 +0000 (21:00 -0700)]
procfs: fix kernel-doc param warnings

Fix mnt_flush_task() misplaced kernel-doc.
Fix typos in some of the doc text.

Warning(linux-2.6.23-git17//fs/proc/base.c:2280): No description found for parameter 'mnt'
Warning(linux-2.6.23-git17//fs/proc/base.c:2280): No description found for parameter 'pid'
Warning(linux-2.6.23-git17//fs/proc/base.c:2280): No description found for parameter 'tgid'

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoauditsc: fix kernel-doc param warnings
Randy Dunlap [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 03:59:53 +0000 (20:59 -0700)]
auditsc: fix kernel-doc param warnings

Fix kernel-doc for auditsc parameter changes.

Warning(linux-2.6.23-git17//kernel/auditsc.c:1623): No description found for parameter 'dentry'
Warning(linux-2.6.23-git17//kernel/auditsc.c:1666): No description found for parameter 'dentry'

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoExpand hwif->host_flags so that it fits new flags.
David Miller [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:09:00 +0000 (02:09 -0700)]
Expand hwif->host_flags so that it fits new flags.

Commit 238e4f142c33bb34440cc64029dde7b9fbc4e65f ("ide: add
IDE_HFLAG_NO_LBA48 and IDE_HFLAG_NO_LBA48_DMA host flags") caused a
regression because the host_flags in struct hwif_s wasn't expanded to
cope with the fact that the host flags no longer fit in 16 bits.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
[ I hate having to add good commit descriptions.  - Linus ]
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:29:58 +0000 (19:29 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/dtor/input

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input:
  Input: appletouch - apply idle reset logic to all touchpads
  Input: usbtouchscreen - add support for GoTop tablet devices
  Input: bf54x-keys - return real error when request_irq() fails
  Input: i8042 - export i8042_command()

14 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cooloney...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:29:05 +0000 (19:29 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of /linux/kernel/git/cooloney/blackfin-2.6

* 'for-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cooloney/blackfin-2.6:
  Blackfin arch: use KBUILD_CFLAGS and KBUILD_AFLAGS in Makefile
  Blackfin arch: Javier Herrer writes: fix building when icache and dcache is disabled

14 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/avi/kvm
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:24:17 +0000 (19:24 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/avi/kvm

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/avi/kvm:
  KVM: Use new smp_call_function_mask() in kvm_flush_remote_tlbs()
  sched: don't clear PF_VCPU in scheduler
  KVM: Improve local apic timer wraparound handling
  KVM: Fix local apic timer divide by zero
  KVM: Move kvm_guest_exit() after local_irq_enable()
  KVM: x86 emulator: fix access registers for instructions with ModR/M byte and Mod = 3
  KVM: VMX: Force vm86 mode if setting flags during real mode
  KVM: x86 emulator: implement 'movnti mem, reg'
  KVM: VMX: Reset mmu context when entering real mode
  KVM: VMX: Handle NMIs before enabling interrupts and preemption
  KVM: MMU: Set shadow pte atomically in mmu_pte_write_zap_pte()
  KVM: x86 emulator: fix repne/repnz decoding
  KVM: x86 emulator: fix merge screwup due to emulator split

14 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git390.osdl.marist.edu/pub/scm/linux-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:23:34 +0000 (19:23 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git390.osdl.marist.edu/linux-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git390.osdl.marist.edu/pub/scm/linux-2.6:
  [S390] 4level-fixup cleanup
  [S390] Cleanup page table definitions.
  [S390] Introduce follow_table in uaccess_pt.c
  [S390] Remove unused user_seg from thread structure.
  [S390] tlb flush fix.
  [S390] kernel: Fix dump on panic for DASDs under LPAR.
  [S390] struct class_device -> struct device conversion.
  [S390] cio: Fix incomplete commit for uevent suppression.
  [S390] cio: Use to_channelpath() for device to channel path conversion.
  [S390] Add per-cpu idle time / idle count sysfs attributes.
  [S390] Update default configuration.

14 years agoMerge branch 'master' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:22:56 +0000 (19:22 -0700)]
Merge branch 'master' of /linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6

* 'master' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6:
  [SPARC64]: ARRAY_SIZE() cleanup
  [SPARC64]: small Makefile cleanups
  [SPARC64]: Stop using __do_IRQ().
  [SPARC64]: Update defconfig.

14 years agoMerge branch 'master' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:22:33 +0000 (19:22 -0700)]
Merge branch 'master' of /linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6

* 'master' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6: (30 commits)
  [IPSEC] IPV6: Fix to add tunnel mode SA correctly.
  [NET]: Cut off the queue_mapping field from sk_buff
  [NET]: Hide the queue_mapping field inside netif_subqueue_stopped
  [NET]: Make and use skb_get_queue_mapping
  [NET]: Use the skb_set_queue_mapping where appropriate
  [INET]: Use MODULE_ALIAS_NET_PF_PROTO_TYPE where possible.
  [INET]: Let inet_diag and friends autoload
  [NIU]: Cleanup PAGE_SIZE checks a bit
  [NET]: Fix SKB_WITH_OVERHEAD calculation
  [ATM]: Fix clip module reload crash.
  [TG3]: Update version to 3.85
  [TG3]: PCI command adjustment
  [TG3]: Add management FW version to ethtool report
  [TG3]: Add 5723 support
  [Bluetooth] Convert RFCOMM to use kthread API
  [Bluetooth] Add constant for Bluetooth socket options level
  [Bluetooth] Add support for handling simple eSCO links
  [Bluetooth] Add address and channel attribute to RFCOMM TTY device
  [Bluetooth] Fix wrong argument in debug code of HIDP
  [Bluetooth] Add generic driver for Bluetooth USB devices
  ...

14 years agoMerge branch 'master' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:21:54 +0000 (19:21 -0700)]
Merge branch 'master' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc

* 'master' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc:
  [POWERPC] Enable restart support for lite5200 board
  [POWERPC] Add restart support for mpc52xx based platforms
  [POWERPC] Update device tree binding for mpc5200 gpt
  [POWERPC] Add mpc52xx_find_and_map_path(), refactor utility functions
  [POWERPC] bestcomm: Restrict bus prefetch bugfix to original mpc5200 silicon.

14 years agoMerge branch 'upstream' of git://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/upstream-linus
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:21:08 +0000 (19:21 -0700)]
Merge branch 'upstream' of git://ftp.linux-mips.org/upstream-linus

* 'upstream' of git://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/upstream-linus:
  [MIPS] time: Make c0_compare_int_usable more bullet proof
  [MIPS] Kbuild: Use the new cc-cross-prefix feature.
  [MIPS] Fix include wrapper symbol to something sane.
  [MIPS] Malta: Delete dead code.
  [MIPS] time: Add GT641xx timer0 clockevent driver
  [MIPS] time: SMP-proofing of Sibyte clockevent/clocksource code.
  [MIPS] time: SMP/NUMA-proofing of IP27 HUB RT timer code.
  [MIPS] time: Fix calculation in clockevent_set_clock()

14 years agoMerge git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:20:52 +0000 (19:20 -0700)]
Merge git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6

* git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6:
  apm_power: calculate to_full/to_empty time using energy
  apm_power: improve battery finding algorithm
  apm_power: fix obviously wrong logic for time reporting

14 years agoMerge branch 'master' of ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:20:22 +0000 (19:20 -0700)]
Merge branch 'master' of ssh:///linux/kernel/git/mchehab/v4l-dvb

* 'master' of ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab/v4l-dvb: (37 commits)
  V4L/DVB (6382): saa7134: fix NULL dereference at suspend time for cards without IR receiver
  V4L/DVB (6380): ivtvfb: Removal of the 'osd_compat' module option
  V4L/DVB (6379): patch which improves GotView Saa7135 remote control
  V4L/DVB (6378b): Updates info about the removal of V4L1 at feature-removal-schedule.txt
  V4L/DVB (6378a): Removal of VIDIOC_[G|S]_MPEGCOMP from feature-removal-schedule.txt
  V4L/DVB (6378): DiB0700-device: Using 1.10 firmware
  V4L/DVB (6357): pvrusb2: Improve encoder chip health tracking
  V4L/DVB (6356): "while (!ca->wakeup)" breaks the CAM initialisation
  V4L/DVB (6352): ir-kbd-i2c: Missing break statement
  V4L/DVB (6350): V4L: possible leak in em28xx_init_isoc
  V4L/DVB (6348): ivtv: undo video mute when closing the radio
  V4L/DVB (6347): ivtv: fix video mute when radio is used
  V4L/DVB (6346): ivtvfb: YUV output size fix when ivtvfb is not loaded
  V4L/DVB (6345): ivtvfb: YUV handling of an image which is not visible in the display area
  V4L/DVB (6343): ivtvfb: check return value of unregister_framebuffer
  V4L/DVB (6342): ivtv: fix circular locking (bug 9037)
  V4L/DVB (6341): ivtv: fix resizing MPEG1 streams
  V4L/DVB (6340): ivtvfb: screen mode change sometimes goes wrong
  V4L/DVB (6339): ivtv: set the video color to black instead of green when capturing from the radio
  V4L/DVB (6338): ivtv: fix incorrect EBUSY return
  ...

14 years agoppc: fix AT_VECTOR_SIZE on arch/ppc
Grant Likely [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:38:32 +0000 (16:38 -0600)]
ppc: fix AT_VECTOR_SIZE on arch/ppc

Commit 4f9a58d75bfe82ab2b8ba5b8506dfb190a267834 ("increase
AT_VECTOR_SIZE to terminate saved_auxv properly") changes the size of
AT_VECTOR_SIZE from hard coded '44' to a calculation based on the value
of AT_VECTOR_SIZE_ARCH and AT_VECTOR_SIZE_BASE.

The change works for arch/powerpc, but it breaks arch/ppc because the
needed AT_VECTOR_SIZE_ARCH is not present in include/asm-ppc/system.h
and a default value of 0 is used instead.  This results in
AT_VECTOR_SIZE being too small and it causes a kernel crash on loading
init.

Signed-off-by: Grant Likely <grant.likely@secretlab.ca>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoMerge ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sam/kbuild
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:16:17 +0000 (19:16 -0700)]
Merge ssh:///pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sam/kbuild

* ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sam/kbuild:
  kbuild: cc-cross-prefix spelling
  kbuild: allow depmod in cross builds again
  kbuild: fix modules_install after a 'make vmlinux'

14 years agoFix appletalk sysctl entry name
Eric W. Biederman [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:55:36 +0000 (12:55 -0600)]
Fix appletalk sysctl entry name

Gabriel C reported that modprobing appletalk on current git gives a
warning in dmesg :

   "sysctl table check failed: /net/appletalk .3.7 procname does not match binary path procname"

Oops.  My apologies it appears I made a mistake when creating my table
to check up on sysctl values.

Signed-off-by: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
Tested-by: Gabriel C <nix.or.die@googlemail.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ieee1394...
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:14:05 +0000 (19:14 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ieee1394/linux1394-2.6

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ieee1394/linux1394-2.6:
  firewire: fw-ohci: shut up a superfluous compiler warning
  firewire: fw-ohci: log a note about unsupported features

14 years agoMerge branch 'sg' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:11:06 +0000 (19:11 -0700)]
Merge branch 'sg' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block

* 'sg' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block:
  Add CONFIG_DEBUG_SG sg validation
  Change table chaining layout
  Update arch/ to use sg helpers
  Update swiotlb to use sg helpers
  Update net/ to use sg helpers
  Update fs/ to use sg helpers
  [SG] Update drivers to use sg helpers
  [SG] Update crypto/ to sg helpers
  [SG] Update block layer to use sg helpers
  [SG] Add helpers for manipulating SG entries

14 years ago[SPARC64]: ARRAY_SIZE() cleanup
Alejandro Martinez Ruiz [Tue, 23 Oct 2007 00:24:19 +0000 (17:24 -0700)]
[SPARC64]: ARRAY_SIZE() cleanup

Signed-off-by: Alejandro Martinez Ruiz <alex@flawedcode.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
14 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.24' of git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6-mpc52xx
Paul Mackerras [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:45:23 +0000 (08:45 +1000)]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.24' of git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6-mpc52xx

14 years ago[MIPS] time: Make c0_compare_int_usable more bullet proof
Atsushi Nemoto [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:14:06 +0000 (01:14 +0900)]
[MIPS] time: Make c0_compare_int_usable more bullet proof

Use write_c0_compare(read_c0_count()) to clear interrupt.

Signed-off-by: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years ago[MIPS] Kbuild: Use the new cc-cross-prefix feature.
Ralf Baechle [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:10:57 +0000 (19:10 +0100)]
[MIPS] Kbuild: Use the new cc-cross-prefix feature.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years ago[MIPS] Fix include wrapper symbol to something sane.
Ralf Baechle [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:17:39 +0000 (15:17 +0100)]
[MIPS] Fix include wrapper symbol to something sane.

And why are there i8253.h and 8253pit.h ...

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years ago[MIPS] Malta: Delete dead code.
Ralf Baechle [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:13:22 +0000 (15:13 +0100)]
[MIPS] Malta: Delete dead code.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years ago[MIPS] time: Add GT641xx timer0 clockevent driver
Yoichi Yuasa [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:43:15 +0000 (19:43 +0900)]
[MIPS] time: Add GT641xx timer0 clockevent driver

And make use of it for Cobalt.  A few others such as the Malta could make
use of it as well.

Signed-off-by: Yoichi Yuasa <yoichi_yuasa@tripeaks.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years ago[MIPS] time: SMP-proofing of Sibyte clockevent/clocksource code.
Ralf Baechle [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:38:44 +0000 (10:38 +0100)]
[MIPS] time: SMP-proofing of Sibyte clockevent/clocksource code.

The BCM148 has 4 cores but there are also just 4 generic timers available
so use the ZBbus cycle counter instead of it.  In addition the ZBbus
counter also offers a much higher resolution and 64-bit counting so I'm
considering a later complete conversion to it once I figure out if all
members of the Sibyte SOC family support it - the docs seem to agree but
the headers files seem to disagree ...

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years ago[MIPS] time: SMP/NUMA-proofing of IP27 HUB RT timer code.
Ralf Baechle [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:34:13 +0000 (10:34 +0100)]
[MIPS] time: SMP/NUMA-proofing of IP27 HUB RT timer code.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years ago[MIPS] time: Fix calculation in clockevent_set_clock()
Atsushi Nemoto [Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:28:33 +0000 (00:28 +0900)]
[MIPS] time: Fix calculation in clockevent_set_clock()

Signed-off-by: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
14 years agoAdd CONFIG_DEBUG_SG sg validation
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:01:06 +0000 (20:01 +0200)]
Add CONFIG_DEBUG_SG sg validation

Add a Kconfig entry which will toggle some sanity checks on the sg
entry and tables.

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agoChange table chaining layout
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:57:20 +0000 (19:57 +0200)]
Change table chaining layout

Change the page member of the scatterlist structure to be an unsigned
long, and encode more stuff in the lower bits:

- Bits 0 and 1 zero: this is a normal sg entry. Next sg entry is located
  at sg + 1.
- Bit 0 set: this is a chain entry, the next real entry is at ->page_link
  with the two low bits masked off.
- Bit 1 set: this is the final entry in the sg entry. sg_next() will return
  NULL when passed such an entry.

It's thus important that sg table users use the proper accessors to get
and set the page member.

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agoUpdate arch/ to use sg helpers
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:02:46 +0000 (20:02 +0200)]
Update arch/ to use sg helpers

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agoUpdate swiotlb to use sg helpers
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:44:53 +0000 (19:44 +0200)]
Update swiotlb to use sg helpers

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agoUpdate net/ to use sg helpers
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:44:26 +0000 (19:44 +0200)]
Update net/ to use sg helpers

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agoUpdate fs/ to use sg helpers
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:43:30 +0000 (19:43 +0200)]
Update fs/ to use sg helpers

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years ago[SG] Update drivers to use sg helpers
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:19:53 +0000 (21:19 +0200)]
[SG] Update drivers to use sg helpers

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agokbuild: cc-cross-prefix spelling
Geert Uytterhoeven [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:55:00 +0000 (19:55 +0200)]
kbuild: cc-cross-prefix spelling

Spelling fixes for cc-cross-prefix documentation

Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>
14 years agokbuild: allow depmod in cross builds again
Sam Ravnborg [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:30:45 +0000 (11:30 +0200)]
kbuild: allow depmod in cross builds again

depmod from module-init-tools 3.3-pre2 are reported
to work fine in cross build.
depmod from module-init-tools 3.1-pre5 are known to SEGV

Do not workaround older module-init-tools bugs here.
The right fix is for users to upgrade module-init-tools.

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>
Cc: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
14 years agokbuild: fix modules_install after a 'make vmlinux'
Sam Ravnborg [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:23:07 +0000 (11:23 +0200)]
kbuild: fix modules_install after a 'make vmlinux'

make vmlinux would delete the content of $(MODVERDIR)
equals .tmp_versions. This caused a subsequent
make modules_install to fail.

Fix it so we clean the directory only for the
modules build - but we still unconditionally create it so
we can do:
make dir/file.ko
without a preceeding make modules.

Reported by David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>
Cc: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
14 years agofirewire: fw-ohci: shut up a superfluous compiler warning
Stefan Richter [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 09:20:07 +0000 (11:20 +0200)]
firewire: fw-ohci: shut up a superfluous compiler warning

New warning since commit ab88ca488b8af66c3defa165874e81e695319a19,
"firewire: fw-ohci: missing dma_unmap_single":
drivers/firewire/fw-ohci.c: In function 'at_context_transmit':
drivers/firewire/fw-ohci.c:609: warning: 'payload_bus' may be used
 uninitialized in this function

Access to payload_bus is conditional on packet->payload_length > 0,
and that won't change while in at_context_queue_packet.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Richter <stefanr@s5r6.in-berlin.de>
14 years agofirewire: fw-ohci: log a note about unsupported features
Stefan Richter [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 08:43:11 +0000 (10:43 +0200)]
firewire: fw-ohci: log a note about unsupported features

because there seems to be more time needed to implement this.
Also, change related error return values to more appropriate ones.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Richter <stefanr@s5r6.in-berlin.de>
14 years ago[SG] Update crypto/ to sg helpers
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:40:16 +0000 (19:40 +0200)]
[SG] Update crypto/ to sg helpers

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years ago[SG] Update block layer to use sg helpers
Jens Axboe [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:39:33 +0000 (19:39 +0200)]
[SG] Update block layer to use sg helpers

Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
14 years agoKVM: Use new smp_call_function_mask() in kvm_flush_remote_tlbs()
Laurent Vivier [Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:33:07 +0000 (16:33 +0200)]
KVM: Use new smp_call_function_mask() in kvm_flush_remote_tlbs()

In kvm_flush_remote_tlbs(), replace a loop using smp_call_function_single()
by a single call to smp_call_function_mask() (which is new for x86_64).

Signed-off-by: Laurent Vivier <Laurent.Vivier@bull.net>
Signed-off-by: Avi Kivity <avi@qumranet.com>
14 years agoexportfs: update documentation
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:19 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
exportfs: update documentation

Update documentation to the current state of affairs.  Remove duplicated
method descruptions in exportfs.h and point to Documentation/filesystems/
Exporting instead.  Add a little file header comment in expfs.c describing
what's going on and mentioning Neils and my copyright [1].

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@austin.ibm.com>
Cc: Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>
Cc: David Chinner <dgc@sgi.com>
Cc: Timothy Shimmin <tes@sgi.com>
Cc: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Cc: Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com>
Cc: Chris Mason <mason@suse.com>
Cc: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Cc: "Vladimir V. Saveliev" <vs@namesys.com>
Cc: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
Cc: Mark Fasheh <mark.fasheh@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoexportfs: make struct export_operations const
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:17 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
exportfs: make struct export_operations const

Now that nfsd has stopped writing to the find_exported_dentry member we an
mark the export_operations const

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@austin.ibm.com>
Cc: Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>
Cc: David Chinner <dgc@sgi.com>
Cc: Timothy Shimmin <tes@sgi.com>
Cc: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Cc: Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com>
Cc: Chris Mason <mason@suse.com>
Cc: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Cc: "Vladimir V. Saveliev" <vs@namesys.com>
Cc: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
Cc: Mark Fasheh <mark.fasheh@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoexportfs: remove old methods
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:16 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
exportfs: remove old methods

Now that all filesystems are converted remove support for the old methods.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@austin.ibm.com>
Cc: Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>
Cc: David Chinner <dgc@sgi.com>
Cc: Timothy Shimmin <tes@sgi.com>
Cc: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Cc: Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com>
Cc: Chris Mason <mason@suse.com>
Cc: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Cc: "Vladimir V. Saveliev" <vs@namesys.com>
Cc: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
Cc: Mark Fasheh <mark.fasheh@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoocfs2: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:15 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
ocfs2: new export ops

OCFS2 has it's own 64bit-firendly filehandle format so we can't use the
generic helpers here.  I'll add a struct for the types later.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: Mark Fasheh <mark.fasheh@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agogfs2: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:14 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
gfs2: new export ops

Convert gfs2 to the new ops.  Uses a similar structure to the generic helpers,
but gfs2 has it's own file handle formats.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoreiserfs: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:13 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
reiserfs: new export ops

Another nice little cleanup by using the new methods.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: Chris Mason <mason@suse.com>
Cc: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Cc: "Vladimir V. Saveliev" <vs@namesys.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoshmem: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:13 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
shmem: new export ops

I'm not sure what people were thinking when adding support to export tmpfs,
but here's the conversion anyway:

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoisofs: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:12 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
isofs: new export ops

Nice little cleanup by consolidating things a little and using a structure for
the special file handle format.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agofat: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:11 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
fat: new export ops

Very little changes here, fat had a mostly no op decode_fh before and does not
store any parent information.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoxfs: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:11 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
xfs: new export ops

This one is a lot more complicated than the previous ones.  XFS already had a
very clever scheme for supporting 64bit inode numbers in filehandles, and I've
reworked this to be some kind of a prototype for the generic 64bit inode
filehandle support.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: David Chinner <dgc@sgi.com>
Cc: Timothy Shimmin <tes@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agontfs: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:10 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
ntfs: new export ops

Trivial switch over to the new generic helpers.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agojfs: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:09 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
jfs: new export ops

Trivial switch over to the new generic helpers.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@austin.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoefs: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:09 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
efs: new export ops

Trivial switch over to the new generic helpers.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoext4: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:08 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
ext4: new export ops

Trivial switch over to the new generic helpers.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoext3: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:07 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
ext3: new export ops

Trivial switch over to the new generic helpers.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoext2: new export ops
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:07 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
ext2: new export ops

Trivial switch over to the new generic helpers.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoexportfs: add new methods
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:05 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
exportfs: add new methods

Add the guts for the new filesystem API to exportfs.

There's now a fh_to_dentry method that returns a dentry for the object looked
for given a filehandle fragment, and a fh_to_parent operation that returns the
dentry for the encoded parent directory in case the file handle contains it.

There are default implementations for these methods that only take a callback
for an nfs-enhanced iget variant and implement the rest of the semantics.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@austin.ibm.com>
Cc: Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>
Cc: David Chinner <dgc@sgi.com>
Cc: Timothy Shimmin <tes@sgi.com>
Cc: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Cc: Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com>
Cc: Chris Mason <mason@suse.com>
Cc: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Cc: "Vladimir V. Saveliev" <vs@namesys.com>
Cc: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
Cc: Mark Fasheh <mark.fasheh@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoexportfs: add fid type
Christoph Hellwig [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:03 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
exportfs: add fid type

This patchset is a medium scale rewrite of the export operations interface.
The goal is to make the interface less complex, and easier to understand from
the filesystem side, aswell as preparing generic support for exporting of
64bit inode numbers.

This touches all nfs exporting filesystems, and I've done testing on all of
the filesystems I have here locally (xfs, ext2, ext3, reiserfs, jfs)

This patch:

Add a structured fid type so that we don't have to pass an array of u32 values
around everywhere.  It's a union of possible layouts.

As a start there's only the u32 array and the traditional 32bit inode format,
but there will be more in one of my next patchset when I start to document the
various filehandle formats we have in lowlevel filesystems better.

Also add an enum that gives the various filehandle types human- readable
names.

Note: Some people might think the struct containing an anonymous union is
ugly, but I didn't want to pass around a raw union type.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@austin.ibm.com>
Cc: Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>
Cc: David Chinner <dgc@sgi.com>
Cc: Timothy Shimmin <tes@sgi.com>
Cc: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>
Cc: Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com>
Cc: Chris Mason <mason@suse.com>
Cc: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@suse.com>
Cc: "Vladimir V. Saveliev" <vs@namesys.com>
Cc: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
Cc: Mark Fasheh <mark.fasheh@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agokexec: add BSS to resource tree
Bernhard Walle [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:01 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
kexec: add BSS to resource tree

Add the BSS to the resource tree just as kernel text and kernel data are in
the resource tree.  The main reason behind this is to avoid crashkernel
reservation in that area.

While it's not strictly necessary to have the BSS in the resource tree (the
actual collision detection is done in the reserve_bootmem() function before),
the usage of the BSS resource should be presented to the user in /proc/iomem
just as Kernel data and Kernel code.

Note: The patch currently is only implemented for x86 and ia64 (because
efi_initialize_iomem_resources() has the same signature on i386 and ia64).

[akpm@linux-foundation.org: coding-style fixes]
Signed-off-by: Bernhard Walle <bwalle@suse.de>
Cc: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
Cc: Vivek Goyal <vgoyal@in.ibm.com>
Cc: <linux-arch@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agointel-iommu sg chaining support
FUJITA Tomonori [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:42:00 +0000 (16:42 -0700)]
intel-iommu sg chaining support

x86_64 defines ARCH_HAS_SG_CHAIN. So if IOMMU implementations don't
support sg chaining, we will get data corruption.

Signed-off-by: FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Acked-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agointel-iommu: fix for IOMMU early crash
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:59 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
intel-iommu: fix for IOMMU early crash

pci_dev's->sysdata is highly overloaded and currently IOMMU is broken due
to IOMMU code depending on this field.

This patch introduces new field in pci_dev's dev.archdata struct to hold
IOMMU specific per device IOMMU private data.

Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Acked-by: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Cc: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agointel-iommu: optimize sg map/unmap calls
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:58 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
intel-iommu: optimize sg map/unmap calls

This patch adds PageSelectiveInvalidation support replacing existing
DomainSelectiveInvalidation for intel_{map/unmap}_sg() calls and also
enables to mapping one big contiguous DMA virtual address which is mapped
to discontiguous physical address for SG map/unmap calls.

"Doamin selective invalidations" wipes out the IOMMU address translation
cache based on domain ID where as "Page selective invalidations" wipes out
the IOMMU address translation cache for that address mask range which is
more cache friendly when compared to Domain selective invalidations.

Here is how it is done.
1) changes to iova.c
alloc_iova() now takes a bool size_aligned argument, which
when when set, returns the io virtual address that is
naturally aligned to 2 ^ x, where x is the order
of the size requested.

Returning this io vitual address which is naturally
aligned helps iommu to do the "page selective
invalidations" which is IOMMU cache friendly
over "domain selective invalidations".

2) Changes to driver/pci/intel-iommu.c
Clean up intel_{map/unmap}_{single/sg} () calls so that
s/g map/unamp calls is no more dependent on
intel_{map/unmap}_single()

intel_map_sg() now computes the total DMA virtual address
required and allocates the size aligned total DMA virtual address
and maps the discontiguous physical address to the allocated
contiguous DMA virtual address.

In the intel_unmap_sg() case since the DMA virtual address
is contiguous and size_aligned, PageSelectiveInvalidation
is used replacing earlier DomainSelectiveInvalidations.

Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: Suresh B <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoIntel IOMMU: Iommu floppy workaround
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:57 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
Intel IOMMU: Iommu floppy workaround

This config option (DMAR_FLPY_WA) sets up 1:1 mapping for the floppy device so
that the floppy device which does not use DMA api's will continue to work.

Once the floppy driver starts using DMA api's this config option can be turn
off or this patch can be yanked out of kernel at that time.

[akpm@linux-foundation.org: cleanups, rename things, build fix]
[jengelh@computergmbh.de: Kconfig fixes]
Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@il.ibm.com>
Cc: "Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoIntel IOMMU: Iommu Gfx workaround
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:55 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
Intel IOMMU: Iommu Gfx workaround

When we fix all the opensource gfx drivers to use the DMA api's, at that time
we can yank this config options out.

[jengelh@computergmbh.de: Kconfig fixes]
Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@il.ibm.com>
Cc: "Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@gmx.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoIntel IOMMU: DMAR fault handling support
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:54 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
Intel IOMMU: DMAR fault handling support

MSI interrupt handler registrations and fault handling support for Intel-IOMMU
hadrware.

This patch enables the MSI interrupts for the DMA remapping units and in the
interrupt handler read the fault cause and outputs the same on to the console.

Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@il.ibm.com>
Cc: "Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
14 years agoIntel IOMMU: Intel iommu cmdline option - forcedac
Keshavamurthy, Anil S [Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:41:53 +0000 (16:41 -0700)]
Intel IOMMU: Intel iommu cmdline option - forcedac

Introduce intel_iommu=forcedac commandline option.  This option is helpful to
verify the pci device capability of handling physical dma'able address greater
than 4G.

Signed-off-by: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@il.ibm.com>
Cc: "Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@intel.com>
Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Cc: Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>