sfrench/cifs-2.6.git
7 months agoALSA: memalloc: Allow NULL device for SNDRV_DMA_TYPE_CONTINUOUS type
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 5 Nov 2019 08:01:35 +0000 (09:01 +0100)]
ALSA: memalloc: Allow NULL device for SNDRV_DMA_TYPE_CONTINUOUS type

Currently we pass the artificial device pointer to the allocation
helper in the case of SNDRV_DMA_TYPE_CONTINUOUS for passing the GFP
flags.  But all common cases are the allocations with GFP_KERNEL, and
it's messy to put this in each place.

In this patch, the memalloc core helper is changed to accept the NULL
device pointer and it treats as the default mode, GFP_KERNEL, so that
all callers can omit the complex argument but just leave NULL.

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191105080138.1260-2-tiwai@suse.de
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: hda: Disable regmap internal locking
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 5 Nov 2019 08:18:06 +0000 (09:18 +0100)]
ALSA: hda: Disable regmap internal locking

Since we apply the own mutex (bus->cmd_mutex) in HDA core side, the
internal locking in regmap is superfluous.  This patch adds the flag
to indicate that.

Also, an infamous side-effect by this change is that it disables the
regmap debugfs, too, and this is seen rather good; the regmap debugfs
isn't quite useful for HD-audio as it provides the very sparse
registers and its debugfs access tends to lead to the way too high
resource usages or sometimes hang up.  So it'd be rather safe to
disable it altogether.

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/2029139028.10333037.1572874551626.JavaMail.zimbra@redhat.com
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191105081806.4896-1-tiwai@suse.de
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: pcm: Fix missing check of the new non-cached buffer type
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 4 Nov 2019 10:11:15 +0000 (11:11 +0100)]
ALSA: pcm: Fix missing check of the new non-cached buffer type

The check for the mmap support via hw_support_mmap() function misses
the case where the device is with SNDRV_DMA_TYPE_DEV_UC, which should
have been treated equally as SNDRV_DMA_TYPE_DEV.  Let's fix it.

Note that this bug doesn't hit any practical problem, because
SNDRV_DMA_TYPE_DEV_UC is used only for x86-specific drivers
(snd-hda-intel and snd-intel8x0) for the specific platforms that need
the non-cached buffers.  And, on such platforms, hw_support_mmap()
already returns true in anyway.  That's the reason I didn't put
Cc-to-stable mark here.  This is only for any theoretical future
extension.

Fixes: 425da159707b ("ALSA: pcm: use dma_can_mmap() to check if a device supports dma_mmap_*")
Fixes: 42e748a0b325 ("ALSA: memalloc: Add non-cached buffer type")
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191104101115.27311-1-tiwai@suse.de
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: bebob: link the order of establishing connections and Syt-match clock mode
Takashi Sakamoto [Fri, 1 Nov 2019 13:13:23 +0000 (22:13 +0900)]
ALSA: bebob: link the order of establishing connections and Syt-match clock mode

Originally BeBeB ASICs and firmware supports clock mode to synchronizing
to syt field of received isoc packet. This mode is known as 'SYT Match'
slightly described in IEC 61883-6 (but no detail mechanisms). In this
mode, drivers can control sampling clock in device. Driver for Windows
and macOS uses this feature to perform synchronization for devices
on the same bus.

In this mode, a plug of Music subunit for synchronization is connected
to a plug of isoc unit for incoming packet streaming, then the order to
establish connections is INPUT_PLUG first, OUTPUT_PLUG second.

This commit implements the above.

Actually each device works with its own clock for sampling, therefore
the original design is hardly implemented to vendor's products.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191101131323.17300-4-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: bebob: expand delay of start for IR context just for version 3 firmware
Takashi Sakamoto [Fri, 1 Nov 2019 13:13:22 +0000 (22:13 +0900)]
ALSA: bebob: expand delay of start for IR context just for version 3 firmware

As long as I investigated, there's some cases about the delay for device
between establishing OUTPUT_PLUG and transmitting first isoc packet. For
devices which support BeBoB protocol version 1 can transmit the packet
within several hundred milliseconds, while for devices which support
BeBoB protocol version 3 can transmit the packet within 2 seconds.

Devices with protocol version 1:
 * Edirol FA-66
 * Yamaha GO46
 * Terratec Phase x24 FW
 * M-Audio FireWire AudioPhile
 * M-Audio FireWire Solo
 * M-Audio FireWire 1814
 * M-Audio FireWire 410
 * Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 I/O

Devices with protocol version 3:
 * M-Audio Profire Lightbridge
 * Behringer FCA610
 * Phonic Firefly 202

At present ALSA bebob driver postpones starting IR context during
1.5 sec for all of supported devices. The delay is too long for
devices with protocol version 1, while it's not enough for devices with
protocol version 3.

This commit improves the delay for these protocols.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191101131323.17300-3-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: bebob: expand sleep just after breaking connections for protocol version 1
Takashi Sakamoto [Fri, 1 Nov 2019 13:13:21 +0000 (22:13 +0900)]
ALSA: bebob: expand sleep just after breaking connections for protocol version 1

As long as I investigated, some devices with BeBoB protocol version 1
can be freezed during several hundreds milliseconds after breaking
connections. When accessing during the freezed time, any transaction
is corrupted. In the worst case, the device is going to reboot.

I can see this issue in:
 * Roland FA-66
 * M-Audio FireWire Solo

This commit expands sleep just after breaking connections to avoid
the freezed time as much as possible. I note that the freeze/reboot
behaviour is similar to below models:
 * Focusrite Saffire Pro 10 I/O
 * Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 I/O

The above models certainly reboot after breaking connections.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191101131323.17300-2-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-motu: Correct a typo in the clock proc string
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 30 Oct 2019 10:09:21 +0000 (11:09 +0100)]
ALSA: firewire-motu: Correct a typo in the clock proc string

Just fix a typo of "S/PDIF" in the clock name string.

Fixes: 4638ec6ede08 ("ALSA: firewire-motu: add proc node to show current statuc of clock and packet formats")
Acked-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191030100921.3826-1-tiwai@suse.de
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-motu: add support for MOTU UltraLite
Takashi Sakamoto [Wed, 30 Oct 2019 08:06:44 +0000 (17:06 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-motu: add support for MOTU UltraLite

UltraLite was shipped in 2005 by MOTU, and already discontinued. This
model consists of below ICs:

- Texus Instruments TSB41AB2 for physical layer of IEEE 1394 bus
- Xilinx Spartan XC35S200 for link layer of IEEE 1394 bus, protocol layer
  and signal processing

This commit adds support for this model. Like the other MOTU models,
ALSA firewire MOTU driver fails to drive the device for stable sampling
clock and generate noisy sound.

$ python2 crpp < /sys/bus/firewire/devices/fw1/config_rom
               ROM header and bus information block
               -----------------------------------------------------------------
400  04107574  bus_info_length 4, crc_length 16, crc 30068
404  31333934  bus_name "1394"
408  20001000  irmc 0, cmc 0, isc 1, bmc 0, cyc_clk_acc 0, max_rec 1 (4)
40c  0001f200  company_id 0001f2     |
410  0007b82d  device_id 000007b82d  | EUI-64 0001f2000007b82d

               root directory
               -----------------------------------------------------------------
414  0004c65c  directory_length 4, crc 50780
418  030001f2  vendor
41c  0c0083c0  node capabilities per IEEE 1394
420  8d000006  --> eui-64 leaf at 438
424  d1000001  --> unit directory at 428

               unit directory at 428
               -----------------------------------------------------------------
428  0003d80a  directory_length 3, crc 55306
42c  120001f2  specifier id
430  1300000d  version
434  17100800  model

               eui-64 leaf at 438
               -----------------------------------------------------------------
438  00024566  leaf_length 2, crc 17766
43c  0001f200  company_id 0001f2     |
440  0007b82d  device_id 000007b82d  | EUI-64 0001f2000007b82d

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191030080644.1704-7-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-motu: code refactoring to handle model specific switch for protocol v2
Takashi Sakamoto [Wed, 30 Oct 2019 08:06:43 +0000 (17:06 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-motu: code refactoring to handle model specific switch for protocol v2

In MOTU FireWire series, devices which support protocol version 2 have
several types of hardware design to process audio data frames for isoc
packet. Roughly devices are categorized into three groups:
 - 828mkII
 - Traveler/896HD
 - UltraLite/8pre FireWire

Some bit flags in register addressed by 0x'ffff'f000'0b14
includes device-specific effects.

This commit cleanups implementation of protocol v2 in this point.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191030080644.1704-6-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-motu: minor code refactoring for protocol version 2
Takashi Sakamoto [Wed, 30 Oct 2019 08:06:42 +0000 (17:06 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-motu: minor code refactoring for protocol version 2

This commit adds some helper functions to parse register value for
source of sampling clock and nominal sampling transmission frequency.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191030080644.1704-5-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-motu: detect SPH source of sampling clock
Takashi Sakamoto [Wed, 30 Oct 2019 08:06:41 +0000 (17:06 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-motu: detect SPH source of sampling clock

In MOTU FireWire series, devices have a mode to generate sampling clock
from a sequence of source packet header (SPH) included in each data block
of received packet. This mode is used for several purposes such as mode
for SMPTE time code, sync to the other sound cards and so on.

This commit adds support for the SPH mode.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191030080644.1704-4-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-motu: print for unknown source of sampling clock
Takashi Sakamoto [Wed, 30 Oct 2019 08:06:40 +0000 (17:06 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-motu: print for unknown source of sampling clock

When unknown source is detected for sampling clock, corresponding label
was not added for node on procfs.

This commit adds it.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191030080644.1704-3-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-motu: fix wrong spelling for macro
Takashi Sakamoto [Wed, 30 Oct 2019 08:06:39 +0000 (17:06 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-motu: fix wrong spelling for macro

Just replace 'SEPARETED' with 'SEPARATED' for macro.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191030080644.1704-2-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: usb-audio: sound: usb: usb true/false for bool return type
Saurav Girepunje [Tue, 29 Oct 2019 17:52:00 +0000 (23:22 +0530)]
ALSA: usb-audio: sound: usb: usb true/false for bool return type

Use true/false for bool type return in uac_clock_source_is_valid().

Signed-off-by: Saurav Girepunje <saurav.girepunje@gmail.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191029175200.GA7320@saurav
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: hda: Allow non-Intel device probe gracefully
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 28 Oct 2019 13:06:34 +0000 (14:06 +0100)]
ALSA: hda: Allow non-Intel device probe gracefully

The recent addition of snd_intel_dsp_driver_probe() check caused a
spurious kernel warning when the driver is loaded for a non-Intel
hardware due to snd_BUG_ON().  Moreover, for such a hardware, we
should always return SND_INTEL_DSP_DRIVER_ANY, not check the
dsp_driver option at all.

This patch fixes these issues for non-Intel devices.

Fixes: 82d9d54a6c0e ("ALSA: hda: add Intel DSP configuration / probe code")
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191028130634.3501-1-tiwai@suse.de
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: hda - Fix pending unsol events at shutdown
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 28 Oct 2019 10:58:03 +0000 (11:58 +0100)]
ALSA: hda - Fix pending unsol events at shutdown

This is an alternative fix attemp for the issue reported in the commit
caa8422d01e9 ("ALSA: hda: Flush interrupts on disabling") that was
reverted later due to regressions.  Instead of tweaking the hardware
disablement order and the enforced irq flushing, do calling
cancel_work_sync() of the unsol work early enough, and explicitly
ignore the unsol events during the shutdown by checking the
bus->shutdown flag.

Fixes: caa8422d01e9 ("ALSA: hda: Flush interrupts on disabling")
Cc: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/s5h1ruxt9cz.wl-tiwai@suse.de
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoMerge branch 'for-linus' into for-next
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 28 Oct 2019 11:43:29 +0000 (12:43 +0100)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' into for-next

Back-merge the development process for catching up the HD-audio fix
(and apply a new one on top of that).

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoRevert "ALSA: hda: Flush interrupts on disabling"
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 28 Oct 2019 08:10:56 +0000 (09:10 +0100)]
Revert "ALSA: hda: Flush interrupts on disabling"

This reverts commit caa8422d01e983782548648e125fd617cadcec3f.

It turned out that this commit caused a regression at shutdown /
reboot, as the synchronize_irq() calls seems blocking the whole
shutdown.  Also another part of the change about shuffling the call
order looks suspicious; the azx_stop_chip() call disables the CORB /
RIRB while the others may still need the CORB/RIRB update.

Since the original commit itself was a cargo-fix, let's revert the
whole patch.

Fixes: caa8422d01e9 ("ALSA: hda: Flush interrupts on disabling")
BugLink: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=205333
BugLinK: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=111174
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Cc: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191028081056.22010-1-tiwai@suse.de
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: bebob: Fix prototype of helper function to return negative value
Takashi Sakamoto [Sat, 26 Oct 2019 03:06:20 +0000 (12:06 +0900)]
ALSA: bebob: Fix prototype of helper function to return negative value

A helper function of ALSA bebob driver returns negative value in a
function which has a prototype to return unsigned value.

This commit fixes it by changing the prototype.

Fixes: eb7b3a056cd8 ("ALSA: bebob: Add commands and connections/streams management")
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org> # v3.16+
Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191026030620.12077-1-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: intel_hdmi: Remove dev_err() on platform_get_irq() failure
YueHaibing [Fri, 25 Oct 2019 09:39:05 +0000 (17:39 +0800)]
ALSA: intel_hdmi: Remove dev_err() on platform_get_irq() failure

platform_get_irq() will call dev_err() itself on failure,
so there is no need for the driver to also do this.
This is detected by coccinelle.

Signed-off-by: YueHaibing <yuehaibing@huawei.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191025093905.14888-1-yuehaibing@huawei.com
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: hda/realtek - Fix 2 front mics of codec 0x623
Aaron Ma [Thu, 24 Oct 2019 11:44:39 +0000 (19:44 +0800)]
ALSA: hda/realtek - Fix 2 front mics of codec 0x623

These 2 ThinkCentres installed a new realtek codec ID 0x623,
it has 2 front mics with the same location on pin 0x18 and 0x19.

Apply fixup ALC283_FIXUP_HEADSET_MIC to change 1 front mic
location to right, then pulseaudio can handle them.
One "Front Mic" and one "Mic" will be shown, and audio output works
fine.

Signed-off-by: Aaron Ma <aaron.ma@canonical.com>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191024114439.31522-1-aaron.ma@canonical.com
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: hda/realtek - Add support for ALC623
Kailang Yang [Thu, 24 Oct 2019 07:13:32 +0000 (15:13 +0800)]
ALSA: hda/realtek - Add support for ALC623

Support new codec ALC623.

Signed-off-by: Kailang Yang <kailang@realtek.com>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/ed97b6a8bd9445ecb48bc763d9aaba7a@realtek.com
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: usb-audio: Add DSD support for Gustard U16/X26 USB Interface
Justin Song [Thu, 24 Oct 2019 10:27:14 +0000 (12:27 +0200)]
ALSA: usb-audio: Add DSD support for Gustard U16/X26 USB Interface

This patch adds native DSD support for Gustard U16/X26 USB Interface.
Tested using VID and fp->dsd_raw method.

Signed-off-by: Justin Song <flyingecar@gmail.com>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/CA+9XP1ipsFn+r3bCBKRinQv-JrJ+EHOGBdZWZoMwxFv0R8Y1MQ@mail.gmail.com
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: hda: fix intel DSP config
Pierre-Louis Bossart [Tue, 22 Oct 2019 17:43:13 +0000 (19:43 +0200)]
ALSA: hda: fix intel DSP config

Reshuffle list of devices by historical order and add correct
information as needed.

Signed-off-by: Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191022174313.29087-2-perex@perex.cz
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: hda: add Intel DSP configuration / probe code
Jaroslav Kysela [Tue, 22 Oct 2019 17:43:12 +0000 (19:43 +0200)]
ALSA: hda: add Intel DSP configuration / probe code

For distributions, we need one place where we can decide
which driver will be activated for the auto-configation of the
Intel's HDA hardware with DSP. Actually, we cover three drivers:

* Legacy HDA
* Intel SST
* Intel Sound Open Firmware (SOF)

All those drivers registers similar PCI IDs, so the first
driver probed from the PCI stack can win. But... it is not
guaranteed that the correct driver wins.

This commit changes Intel's NHLT ACPI module to a common
DSP probe module for the Intel's hardware. All above sound
drivers calls this code. The user can force another behaviour
using the module parameter 'dsp_driver' located in
the 'snd-intel-dspcfg' module.

This change allows to add specific dmi checks for the specific
systems. The examples are taken from the pull request:

  https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/pull/927

Tested on Lenovo Carbon X1 7th gen.

Signed-off-by: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
Tested-by: Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191022174313.29087-1-perex@perex.cz
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: hda: Add Tigerlake/Jasperlake PCI ID
Pan Xiuli [Tue, 22 Oct 2019 19:44:02 +0000 (14:44 -0500)]
ALSA: hda: Add Tigerlake/Jasperlake PCI ID

Add HD Audio Device PCI ID for the Intel Tigerlake and Jasperlake
platform.

Signed-off-by: Pan Xiuli <xiuli.pan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191022194402.23178-1-pierre-louis.bossart@linux.intel.com
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: usb-audio: Fix copy&paste error in the validator
Takashi Iwai [Tue, 22 Oct 2019 15:45:14 +0000 (17:45 +0200)]
ALSA: usb-audio: Fix copy&paste error in the validator

The recently introduced USB-audio descriptor validator had a stupid
copy&paste error that may lead to an unexpected overlook of too short
descriptors for processing and extension units.  It's likely the cause
of the report triggered by syzkaller fuzzer.  Let's fix it.

Fixes: 57f8770620e9 ("ALSA: usb-audio: More validations of descriptor units")
Reported-by: syzbot+0620f79a1978b1133fd7@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/s5hsgnkdbsl.wl-tiwai@suse.de
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoPCI: Fix missing inline for pci_pr3_present()
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 21 Oct 2019 14:25:20 +0000 (16:25 +0200)]
PCI: Fix missing inline for pci_pr3_present()

The inline prefix was missing in the dummy function pci_pr3_present()
definition.  Fix it.

Reported-by: kbuild test robot <lkp@intel.com>
Fixes: 52525b7a3cf8 ("PCI: Add a helper to check Power Resource Requirements _PR3 existence")
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/201910212111.qHm6OcWx%lkp@intel.com
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: hda: Allow HDA to be runtime suspended when dGPU is not bound to a driver
Kai-Heng Feng [Fri, 18 Oct 2019 07:38:48 +0000 (15:38 +0800)]
ALSA: hda: Allow HDA to be runtime suspended when dGPU is not bound to a driver

Nvidia proprietary driver doesn't support runtime power management, so
when a user only wants to use the integrated GPU, it's a common practice
to let dGPU not to bind any driver, and let its upstream port to be
runtime suspended. At the end of runtime suspension the port uses
platform power management to disable power through _OFF method of power
resource, which is listed by _PR3.

After commit b516ea586d71 ("PCI: Enable NVIDIA HDA controllers"), when
the dGPU comes with an HDA function, the HDA won't be suspended if the
dGPU is unbound, so the power resource can't be turned off by its
upstream port driver.

Commit 37a3a98ef601 ("ALSA: hda - Enable runtime PM only for
discrete GPU") only allows HDA to be runtime suspended once GPU is
bound, to keep APU's HDA working.

However, HDA on dGPU isn't that useful if dGPU is not bound to any
driver.  So let's relax the runtime suspend requirement for dGPU's HDA
function, to disable the power source to save lots of power.

BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1840835
Fixes: b516ea586d71 ("PCI: Enable NVIDIA HDA controllers")
Signed-off-by: Kai-Heng Feng <kai.heng.feng@canonical.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191018073848.14590-2-kai.heng.feng@canonical.com
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoPCI: Add a helper to check Power Resource Requirements _PR3 existence
Kai-Heng Feng [Fri, 18 Oct 2019 07:38:47 +0000 (15:38 +0800)]
PCI: Add a helper to check Power Resource Requirements _PR3 existence

A driver may want to know the existence of _PR3, to choose different
runtime suspend behavior. A user will be add in next patch.

This is mostly the same as nouveau_pr3_present().

Signed-off-by: Kai-Heng Feng <kai.heng.feng@canonical.com>
Acked-by: Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@google.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191018073848.14590-1-kai.heng.feng@canonical.com
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoMerge tag 'asoc-fix-v5.4-rc4' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Takashi Iwai [Mon, 21 Oct 2019 12:05:26 +0000 (14:05 +0200)]
Merge tag 'asoc-fix-v5.4-rc4' of https://git./linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound into for-linus

ASoC: Fixes for v5.4

A collection of fixes that have arrived since the merge window.  There
are a small number of core fixes here but they are smaller ones around
error handling.

8 months agoALSA: hda/realtek - Add support for ALC711
Kailang Yang [Thu, 2 May 2019 08:03:26 +0000 (16:03 +0800)]
ALSA: hda/realtek - Add support for ALC711

Support new codec ALC711.

Signed-off-by: Kailang Yang <kailang@realtek.com>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-lib: postpone to start IR context
Takashi Sakamoto [Fri, 18 Oct 2019 06:19:11 +0000 (15:19 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-lib: postpone to start IR context

Some devices have a quirk to postpone transmission of isoc packet for
several dozen or hundred isoc cycles since configured to transmit.
Furthermore, some devices have a quirk to transmit isoc packet with
discontinued data of its header.

In 1394 OHCI specification, software allows to start isoc context with
certain isoc cycle. Linux firewire subsystem has kernel API to use it
as well.

This commit uses the functionality of 1394 OHCI controller to handle
the quirks. At present, this feature is convenient to ALSA bebob and
fireface driver. As a result, some devices can be safely handled, as
long as I know:
 - MAudio FireWire solo
 - MAudio ProFire Lightbridge
 - MAudio FireWire 410
 - Roland FA-66

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191018061911.24909-7-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-lib: handle several AMDTP streams in callback handler of IRQ target
Takashi Sakamoto [Fri, 18 Oct 2019 06:19:10 +0000 (15:19 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-lib: handle several AMDTP streams in callback handler of IRQ target

This commit changes AMDTP domain to run on an IT context of 1394 OHCI as
IRQ target. No hardware interrupt is scheduled for the other isoc
contexts. All of the isoc context are processed in a callback for an isoc
context of IRQ target.

The IRQ target is automatically selected from a list of AMDTP streams,
thus users of AMDTP domain should add an AMDTP stream for IT context
at least.

The reason to select IT context as IRQ target is that the IT context
runs on local 1394 OHCI controller and it can be used as reliable,
constant IRQ generator. On the other hand, IR context can include skip
cycle according to isoc packet transferred by device.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191018061911.24909-6-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-lib: cancel flushing isoc context in the laste step to process context...
Takashi Sakamoto [Fri, 18 Oct 2019 06:19:09 +0000 (15:19 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-lib: cancel flushing isoc context in the laste step to process context callback

The aim of AMDTP domain is to process several isoc context in the same
time. However, current implementation is against this idea because it
flushes each isoc context in the end of processing context callback.

This commit cancels it.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191018061911.24909-5-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-lib: replace ack callback to flush isoc contexts in AMDTP domain
Takashi Sakamoto [Fri, 18 Oct 2019 06:19:08 +0000 (15:19 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-lib: replace ack callback to flush isoc contexts in AMDTP domain

An isoc context for AMDTP stream is flushed to queue packet
by a call of pcm.ack. This commit extends this for AMDTP
domain.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191018061911.24909-4-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-lib: replace pointer callback to flush isoc contexts in AMDTP domain
Takashi Sakamoto [Fri, 18 Oct 2019 06:19:07 +0000 (15:19 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-lib: replace pointer callback to flush isoc contexts in AMDTP domain

An isoc context for AMDTP stream is flushed to queue packet
by a call of pcm.pointer. This commit extends this for AMDTP
domain.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191018061911.24909-3-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-lib: add irq_target member into amdtp_domain struct
Takashi Sakamoto [Fri, 18 Oct 2019 06:19:06 +0000 (15:19 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-lib: add irq_target member into amdtp_domain struct

This commit is a preparation to handle several IR/IT contexts in the same
domain by tasklet context for one of the IT context. Such IT context is
stored to AMDTP domain structure as 'irq_target'.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191018061911.24909-2-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoASoC: SOF: control: return true when kcontrol values change
Dragos Tarcatu [Fri, 18 Oct 2019 12:38:06 +0000 (07:38 -0500)]
ASoC: SOF: control: return true when kcontrol values change

All the kcontrol put() functions are currently returning 0 when
successful. This does not go well with alsamixer as it does
not seem to get notified on SND_CTL_EVENT_MASK_VALUE callbacks
when values change for (some of) the sof kcontrols.
This patch fixes that by returning true for volume, switch
and enum type kcontrols when values do change in put().

Signed-off-by: Dragos Tarcatu <dragos_tarcatu@mentor.com>
Signed-off-by: Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191018123806.18063-1-pierre-louis.bossart@linux.intel.com
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
8 months agoASoC: stm32: sai: fix sysclk management on shutdown
Olivier Moysan [Fri, 18 Oct 2019 08:20:40 +0000 (10:20 +0200)]
ASoC: stm32: sai: fix sysclk management on shutdown

The commit below, adds a call to sysclk callback on shutdown.
This introduces a regression in stm32 SAI driver, as some clock
services are called twice, leading to unbalanced calls.
Move processing related to mclk from shutdown to sysclk callback.
When requested frequency is 0, assume shutdown and release mclk.

Fixes: 2458adb8f92a ("SoC: simple-card-utils: set 0Hz to sysclk when shutdown")
Signed-off-by: Olivier Moysan <olivier.moysan@st.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191018082040.31022-1-olivier.moysan@st.com
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
8 months agoASoC: Intel: sof-rt5682: add a check for devm_clk_get
Chuhong Yuan [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 02:50:44 +0000 (10:50 +0800)]
ASoC: Intel: sof-rt5682: add a check for devm_clk_get

sof_audio_probe misses a check for devm_clk_get and may cause problems.
Add a check for it to fix the bug.

Signed-off-by: Chuhong Yuan <hslester96@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191017025044.31474-1-hslester96@gmail.com
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
8 months agoASoC: rsnd: Reinitialize bit clock inversion flag for every format setting
Junya Monden [Wed, 16 Oct 2019 12:42:55 +0000 (14:42 +0200)]
ASoC: rsnd: Reinitialize bit clock inversion flag for every format setting

Unlike other format-related DAI parameters, rdai->bit_clk_inv flag
is not properly re-initialized when setting format for new stream
processing. The inversion, if requested, is then applied not to default,
but to a previous value, which leads to SCKP bit in SSICR register being
set incorrectly.
Fix this by re-setting the flag to its initial value, determined by format.

Fixes: 1a7889ca8aba3 ("ASoC: rsnd: fixup SND_SOC_DAIFMT_xB_xF behavior")
Cc: Andrew Gabbasov <andrew_gabbasov@mentor.com>
Cc: Jiada Wang <jiada_wang@mentor.com>
Cc: Timo Wischer <twischer@de.adit-jv.com>
Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org # v3.17+
Signed-off-by: Junya Monden <jmonden@jp.adit-jv.com>
Signed-off-by: Eugeniu Rosca <erosca@de.adit-jv.com>
Acked-by: Kuninori Morimoto <kuninori.morimoto.gx@renesas.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191016124255.7442-1-erosca@de.adit-jv.com
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-lib: tune the minimum available size of PCM period
Takashi Sakamoto [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:54:24 +0000 (00:54 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-lib: tune the minimum available size of PCM period

In IEC 61883-1/6, one isoc packet can transfer events up to the value of
syt interval. This comes from the interval of isoc cycle. As 1394 OHCI
controller can generate hardware IRQ per isoc packet, the interval is
calculated as 125 usec.

In IEC 61883-1/6, two ways of transmission is described; blocking and
non-blocking methods. In blocking method, the sequence of packet includes
'empty' or 'NODATA' packets which include no events. In non-blocking
method, the number of events per packet is variable up to the syt
interval.

This commit uses double of the value of syt interval as minimum available
size of PCM period due to the above protocol design.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191017155424.885-13-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-lib: tune the maximum available size of PCM period
Takashi Sakamoto [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:54:23 +0000 (00:54 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-lib: tune the maximum available size of PCM period

Linux driver for 1394 OHCI controller voluntarily flushes isoc context
when total size of accumulated context header reached PAGE_SIZE. This
kicks tasklet for the isoc context. This is inconvenient to process
runtime of PCM substream.

This commit adds a restriction of the maximum size of PCM period to
avoid this behaviour.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191017155424.885-12-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-lib: schedule hardware IRQ according to the size of PCM period
Takashi Sakamoto [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:54:22 +0000 (00:54 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-lib: schedule hardware IRQ according to the size of PCM period

ALSA IEC 61883-1/6 packet streaming engine controls 1394 OHCI controller
to generate hardware IRQ for fixed number of isochronous packets (=16)
since its first commit.

This commit allow the engine to generate it for variable period according
to the number of event to handle. For outgoing stream, internal
calculator is used to check the accumulated events. For incoming stream,
the number of data block in the packet of stream is used to check the
accumulated events. When it's unavailable, fixed number of packet
roughly calculated in advance is used instead of event counting.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191017155424.885-11-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: fireface: share PCM buffer size for both direction
Takashi Sakamoto [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:54:21 +0000 (00:54 +0900)]
ALSA: fireface: share PCM buffer size for both direction

This commit allows ALSA fireface driver to share PCM buffer size for
both capture and playback PCM substream. When AMDTP domain starts for
one of the PCM substream, buffer size of the PCM substream is stores to
AMDTP domain structure. Some AMDTP streams have already run with the
buffer size when another PCM substream starts, therefore the PCM
substream has a constraint to its buffer size.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191017155424.885-10-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-motu: share PCM buffer size for both direction
Takashi Sakamoto [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:54:20 +0000 (00:54 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-motu: share PCM buffer size for both direction

This commit allows ALSA firewire-motu driver to share PCM buffer
size for both capture and playback PCM substream. When AMDTP domain
starts for one of the PCM substream, buffer size of the PCM substream
is stores to AMDTP domain structure. Some AMDTP streams have already
run with the buffer size when another PCM substream starts, therefore
the PCM substream has a constraint to its buffer size.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191017155424.885-9-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-tascam: share PCM buffer size for both direction
Takashi Sakamoto [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:54:19 +0000 (00:54 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-tascam: share PCM buffer size for both direction

This commit allows ALSA firewire-tascam driver to share PCM buffer
size for both capture and playback PCM substream. When AMDTP domain
starts for one of the PCM substream, buffer size of the PCM substream
is stores to AMDTP domain structure. Some AMDTP streams have already
run with the buffer size when another PCM substream starts, therefore
the PCM substream has a constraint to its buffer size.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191017155424.885-8-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-digi00x: share PCM buffer size for both direction
Takashi Sakamoto [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:54:18 +0000 (00:54 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-digi00x: share PCM buffer size for both direction

This commit allows ALSA firewire-digi00x driver to share PCM buffer
size for both capture and playback PCM substream. When AMDTP domain
starts for one of the PCM substream, buffer size of the PCM substream
is stores to AMDTP domain structure. Some AMDTP streams have already
run with the buffer size when another PCM substream starts, therefore
the PCM substream has a constraint to its buffer size.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191017155424.885-7-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: dice: share PCM buffer size for both direction
Takashi Sakamoto [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:54:17 +0000 (00:54 +0900)]
ALSA: dice: share PCM buffer size for both direction

This commit allows ALSA dice driver to share PCM buffer size for both
capture and playback PCM substream. When AMDTP domain starts for one
of the PCM substream, buffer size of the PCM substream is stores to
AMDTP domain structure. Some AMDTP streams have already run with the
buffer size when another PCM substream starts, therefore the PCM
substream has a constraint to its buffer size.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191017155424.885-6-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: oxfw: share PCM buffer size for both direction
Takashi Sakamoto [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:54:16 +0000 (00:54 +0900)]
ALSA: oxfw: share PCM buffer size for both direction

This commit allows ALSA oxfw driver to share PCM buffer size for both
capture and playback PCM substream. When AMDTP domain starts for one
of the PCM substream, buffer size of the PCM substream is stores to
AMDTP domain structure. Some AMDTP streams have already run with the
buffer size when another PCM substream starts, therefore the PCM
substream has a constraint to its buffer size.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191017155424.885-5-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: fireworks: share PCM buffer size for both direction
Takashi Sakamoto [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:54:15 +0000 (00:54 +0900)]
ALSA: fireworks: share PCM buffer size for both direction

This commit allows ALSA fireworks driver to share PCM buffer size for
both capture and playback PCM substream. When AMDTP domain starts for
one of the PCM substream, buffer size of the PCM substream is stores
to AMDTP domain structure. Some AMDTP streams have already run with the
buffer size when another PCM substream starts, therefore the PCM
substream has a constraint to its buffer size.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191017155424.885-4-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: bebob: share PCM buffer size for both direction
Takashi Sakamoto [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:54:14 +0000 (00:54 +0900)]
ALSA: bebob: share PCM buffer size for both direction

This commit allows ALSA bebob driver to share PCM buffer size for both
capture and playback PCM substream. When AMDTP domain starts for one
of the PCM substream, buffer size of the PCM substream is stores to
AMDTP domain structure. Some AMDTP streams have already run with the
buffer size when another PCM substream starts, therefore the PCM
substream has a constraint to its buffer size.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191017155424.885-3-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-lib: use variable size of queue for isoc packets instead of fixed...
Takashi Sakamoto [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:54:13 +0000 (00:54 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-lib: use variable size of queue for isoc packets instead of fixed size

The number of packets in packet buffer has been fixed number (=48) since
first commit of ALSA IEC 61883-1/6 packet streaming engine.

This commit allows the engine to use variable number of packets in the
buffer. The size is calculated by a parameter in AMDTP domain structure
surely to store the number of events in the packets of buffer. Although
the value of parameter is expected to come from 'period size' parameter
of PCM substream, at present 48 is still used.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191017155424.885-2-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: hda - Force runtime PM on Nvidia HDMI codecs
Lukas Wunner [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:04:11 +0000 (17:04 +0200)]
ALSA: hda - Force runtime PM on Nvidia HDMI codecs

Przemysław Kopa reports that since commit b516ea586d71 ("PCI: Enable
NVIDIA HDA controllers"), the discrete GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 540M on his
2011 Samsung laptop refuses to runtime suspend, resulting in a power
regression and excessive heat.

Rivera Valdez witnesses the same issue with a GeForce GT 525M (GF108M)
of the same era, as does another Arch Linux user named "R0AR" with a
more recent GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (GP107M).

The commit exposes the discrete GPU's HDA controller and all four codecs
on the controller do not set the CLKSTOP and EPSS bits in the Supported
Power States Response.  They also do not set the PS-ClkStopOk bit in the
Get Power State Response.  hda_codec_runtime_suspend() therefore does
not call snd_hdac_codec_link_down(), which prevents each codec and the
PCI device from runtime suspending.

The same issue is present on some AMD discrete GPUs and we addressed it
by forcing runtime PM despite the bits not being set, see commit
57cb54e53bdd ("ALSA: hda - Force to link down at runtime suspend on
ATI/AMD HDMI").

Do the same for Nvidia HDMI codecs.

Fixes: b516ea586d71 ("PCI: Enable NVIDIA HDA controllers")
Link: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1865512
Link: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=75985#c81
Reported-by: Przemysław Kopa <prymoo@gmail.com>
Reported-by: Rivera Valdez <riveravaldez@ysinembargo.com>
Signed-off-by: Lukas Wunner <lukas@wunner.de>
Cc: Daniel Drake <dan@reactivated.net>
Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org # v5.3+
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/3086bc75135c1e3567c5bc4f3cc4ff5cbf7a56c2.1571324194.git.lukas@wunner.de
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: fireface: use the same size of period for PCM substreams in AMDTP streams
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:32 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: fireface: use the same size of period for PCM substreams in AMDTP streams

In current implementation, when opening a PCM substream, it's needed to
check whether the opposite PCM substream runs. This is to assign
effectual constraints (e.g. sampling rate) to opened PCM substream.

The number of PCM substreams on AMDTP streams in domain is recorded in
own structure. Usage of this count is an alternative of the above check.
This is better because the count is incremented in pcm.hw_params earlier
than pcm.trigger.

This commit replaces the check with the substream count and the value for
the size of PCM period. Unlike the other drivers in ALSA firewire stack,
no MIDI substream is multiplexed into AMDTP stream.

I note that Fireface AMDTP protocol has a quirk that tx stream includes
blank isochronous cycle. The packet for blank cycle is equivalent to
empty or NODATA packet in IEC 61883-6, thus the protocol is similar to
blocking transmission method of IEC 61883-6. On the other hand, rx
stream adopts non-blocking transmission method. Although the difference
of transmission method between tx/rx streams precisely brings different
timing for a certain amount of events due to their different calculation
for data blocks per packet, it's possible to approximate enough amount
of events mostly has the same timing. Actually current ALSA IEC 61883-1/6
engine uses large amount of data blocks for each hardware IRQ
(=16 packets).

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-18-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-motu: use the same size of period for PCM substream in AMDTP streams
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:31 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-motu: use the same size of period for PCM substream in AMDTP streams

In current implementation, when opening a PCM substream, it's needed to
check whether the opposite PCM substream runs. This is to assign
effectual constraints (e.g. sampling rate) to opened PCM substream.

The number of PCM substreams and MIDI substreams on AMDTP streams in
domain is recorded in own structure. Usage of this count is an
alternative of the above check. This is better because the count is
incremented in pcm.hw_params earlier than pcm.trigger.

This idea has one issue because it's incremented for MIDI substreams as
well. In current implementation, for a case that any MIDI substream run
and a PCM substream is going to start, PCM application to start the PCM
substream can decide hardware parameters by restart packet streaming.
Just checking the substream count can brings regression.

Now AMDTP domain structure has a member for the size of PCM period in
PCM substream which starts AMDTP streams in domain. When the value has
zero and the substream count is greater than 1, it means that any MIDI
substream starts AMDTP streams in domain. Usage of the value can resolve
the above issue.

This commit replaces the check with the substream count and the value for
the size of PCM period.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-17-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-tascam: use the same size of period for PCM substream in AMDTP streams
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:30 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-tascam: use the same size of period for PCM substream in AMDTP streams

In current implementation, when opening a PCM substream, it's needed to
check whether the opposite PCM substream runs. This is to assign
effectual constraints (e.g. sampling rate) to opened PCM substream.

The number of PCM substreams on AMDTP streams in domain is recorded in
own structure. Usage of this count is an alternative of the above check.
This is better because the count is incremented in pcm.hw_params earlier
than pcm.trigger.

This commit replaces the check with the substream count and the value for
the size of PCM period. Unlike the other drivers in ALSA firewire stack,
no MIDI substream is multiplexed into AMDTP stream.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-16-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-digi00x: use the same size of period for PCM substream in AMDTP streams
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:29 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-digi00x: use the same size of period for PCM substream in AMDTP streams

In current implementation, when opening a PCM substream, it's needed to
check whether the opposite PCM substream runs. This is to assign
effectual constraints (e.g. sampling rate) to opened PCM substream.

The number of PCM substreams and MIDI substreams on AMDTP streams in
domain is recorded in own structure. Usage of this count is an
alternative of the above check. This is better because the count is
incremented in pcm.hw_params earlier than pcm.trigger.

This idea has one issue because it's incremented for MIDI substreams as
well. In current implementation, for a case that any MIDI substream run
and a PCM substream is going to start, PCM application to start the PCM
substream can decide hardware parameters by restart packet streaming.
Just checking the substream count can brings regression.

Now AMDTP domain structure has a member for the size of PCM period in
PCM substream which starts AMDTP streams in domain. When the value has
zero and the substream count is greater than 1, it means that any MIDI
substream starts AMDTP streams in domain. Usage of the value can resolve
the above issue.

This commit replaces the check with the substream count and the value for
the size of PCM period.

I note that DOT AMDTP protocol has a quirk to use different transmission
method of IEC 61883-6 for tx/rx streams; non-blocking in tx stream and
blocking in rx stream. Although the difference of transmission method
between tx/rx streams precisely brings different timing for a certain
amount of events due to their different calculation for data blocks per
packet, it's possible to approximate enough amount of events mostly has
the same timing. Actually current ALSA IEC 61883-1/6 engine uses large
amount of data blocks for each hardware IRQ (=16 packets).

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-15-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: dice: use the same size of period for PCM substream in AMDTP streams
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:28 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: dice: use the same size of period for PCM substream in AMDTP streams

In current implementation, when opening a PCM substream, it's needed to
check whether the opposite PCM substream runs. This is to assign
effectual constraints (e.g. sampling rate) to opened PCM substream.

The number of PCM substreams and MIDI substreams on AMDTP streams in
domain is recorded in own structure. Usage of this count is an
alternative of the above check. This is better because the count is
incremented in pcm.hw_params earlier than pcm.trigger.

This idea has one issue because it's incremented for MIDI substreams as
well. In current implementation, for a case that any MIDI substream run
and a PCM substream is going to start, PCM application to start the PCM
substream can decide hardware parameters by restart packet streaming.
Just checking the substream count can brings regression.

Now AMDTP domain structure has a member for the size of PCM period in
PCM substream which starts AMDTP streams in domain. When the value has
zero and the substream count is greater than 1, it means that any MIDI
substream starts AMDTP streams in domain. Usage of the value can resolve
the above issue.

This commit replaces the check with the substream count and the value for
the size of PCM period.

Dice hardware has a quirk called as 'Dual Wire'. For a case of higher
sampling transmission frequency, this commit performs calculations between
the number of PCM frames and the number of events in AMDTP stream.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-14-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: oxfw: use the same size of period for PCM substream in AMDTP streams
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:27 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: oxfw: use the same size of period for PCM substream in AMDTP streams

In current implementation, when opening a PCM substream, it's needed to
check whether the opposite PCM substream runs. This is to assign
effectual constraints (e.g. sampling rate) to opened PCM substream.

The number of PCM substreams and MIDI substreams on AMDTP streams in
domain is recorded in own structure. Usage of this count is an
alternative of the above check. This is better because the count is
incremented in pcm.hw_params earlier than pcm.trigger.

This idea has one issue because it's incremented for MIDI substreams as
well. In current implementation, for a case that any MIDI substream run
and a PCM substream is going to start, PCM application to start the PCM
substream can decide hardware parameters by restart packet streaming.
Just checking the substream count can brings regression.

Now AMDTP domain structure has a member for the size of PCM period in
PCM substream which starts AMDTP streams in domain. When the value has
zero and the substream count is greater than 1, it means that any MIDI
substream starts AMDTP streams in domain. Usage of the value can resolve
the above issue.

This commit replaces the check with the substream count and the value for
the size of PCM period.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-13-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: fireworks: use the same size of period for PCM substream in AMDTP streams
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:26 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: fireworks: use the same size of period for PCM substream in AMDTP streams

In current implementation, when opening a PCM substream, it's needed to
check whether the opposite PCM substream runs. This is to assign
effectual constraints (e.g. sampling rate) to opened PCM substream.

The number of PCM substreams and MIDI substreams on AMDTP streams in
domain is recorded in own structure. Usage of this count is an
alternative of the above check. This is better because the count is
incremented in pcm.hw_params earlier than pcm.trigger.

This idea has one issue because it's incremented for MIDI substreams as
well. In current implementation, for a case that any MIDI substream run
and a PCM substream is going to start, PCM application to start the PCM
substream can decide hardware parameters by restart packet streaming.
Just checking the substream count can brings regression.

Now AMDTP domain structure has a member for the size of PCM period in
PCM substream which starts AMDTP streams in domain. When the value has
zero and the substream count is greater than 1, it means that any MIDI
substream starts AMDTP streams in domain. Usage of the value can resolve
the above issue.

This commit replaces the check with the substream count and the value for
the size of PCM period.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-12-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: bebob: use the same size of period for PCM substream in AMDTP streams
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:25 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: bebob: use the same size of period for PCM substream in AMDTP streams

In current implementation, when opening a PCM substream, it's needed to
check whether the opposite PCM substream runs. This is to assign
effectual constraints (e.g. sampling rate) to opened PCM substream.

The number of PCM substreams and MIDI substreams on AMDTP streams in
domain is recorded in own structure. Usage of this count is an
alternative of the above check. This is better because the count is
incremented in pcm.hw_params earlier than pcm.trigger.

This idea has one issue because it's incremented for MIDI substreams as
well. In current implementation, for a case that any MIDI substream run
and a PCM substream is going to start, PCM application to start the PCM
substream can decide hardware parameters by restart packet streaming.
Just checking the substream count can brings regression.

Now AMDTP domain structure has a member for the size of PCM period in
PCM substream which starts AMDTP streams in domain. When the value has
zero and the substream count is greater than 1, it means that any MIDI
substream starts AMDTP streams in domain. Usage of the value can resolve
the above issue.

This commit replaces the check with the substream count and the value for
the size of PCM period.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-11-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: fireface: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:24 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: fireface: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain

This commit is a preparation to share the size of PCM period between
PCM substreams on AMDTP streams in the same domain. At this time,
the size of PCM period in PCM substream which starts AMDTP streams in the
same domain is recorded.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-10-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-motu: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:23 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-motu: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain

This commit is a preparation to share the size of PCM period between
PCM substreams on AMDTP streams in the same domain. At this time,
the size of PCM period in PCM substream which starts AMDTP streams in the
same domain is recorded.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-9-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-tascam: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:22 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-tascam: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain

This commit is a preparation to share the size of PCM period between
PCM substreams on AMDTP streams in the same domain. At this time,
the size of PCM period in PCM substream which starts AMDTP streams in the
same domain is recorded.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-8-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-digi00x: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:21 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-digi00x: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain

This commit is a preparation to share the size of PCM period between
PCM substreams on AMDTP streams in the same domain. At this time,
the size of PCM period in PCM substream which starts AMDTP streams in the
same domain is recorded.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-7-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: dice: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:20 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: dice: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain

This commit is a preparation to share the size of PCM period between
PCM substreams on AMDTP streams in the same domain. At this time,
the size of PCM period in PCM substream which starts AMDTP streams in the
same domain is recorded.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-6-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: oxfw: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:19 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: oxfw: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain

This commit is a preparation to share the size of PCM period between
PCM substreams on AMDTP streams in the same domain. At this time,
the size of PCM period in PCM substream which starts AMDTP streams in the
same domain is recorded.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-5-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: fireworks: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:18 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: fireworks: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain

This commit is a preparation to share the size of PCM period between
PCM substreams on AMDTP streams in the same domain. At this time,
the size of PCM period in PCM substream which starts AMDTP streams in the
same domain is recorded.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-4-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: bebob: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:17 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: bebob: register the size of PCM period to AMDTP domain

This commit is a preparation to share the size of PCM period between
PCM substreams on AMDTP streams in the same domain. At this time,
the size of PCM period in PCM substream which starts AMDTP streams in the
same domain is recorded.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-3-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: firewire-lib: add a member into AMDTP domain for events per period
Takashi Sakamoto [Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:16 +0000 (20:05 +0900)]
ALSA: firewire-lib: add a member into AMDTP domain for events per period

In IEC 61883-6, it's called as 'event' what has presentation time
represented by timestamp in CIP header. Although the ratio of the number
of event against the number of data block is different depending on
event data type represented by the specific field in CIP header, it's
just one in the most cases supported by ALSA IEC 61883-1/6 engine.

In 1394 OHCI specification, applications can schedule hardware IRQ
by configuring descriptor with IRQ flag for packet against each
isochronous cycle. For future commit, I use the hardware IRQ for
isoc IT context to acknowledge the elapse of PCM period for both
playback/capture directions on AMDTP streams in the same domain.

This commit is a preparation for the above idea. This commit adds
a member into AMDTP domain structure to record the number of PCM frames.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191007110532.30270-2-o-takashi@sakamocchi.jp
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: hda/realtek - Enable headset mic on Asus MJ401TA
Daniel Drake [Thu, 17 Oct 2019 08:15:01 +0000 (16:15 +0800)]
ALSA: hda/realtek - Enable headset mic on Asus MJ401TA

On Asus MJ401TA (with Realtek ALC256), the headset mic is connected to
pin 0x19, with default configuration value 0x411111f0 (indicating no
physical connection).

Enable this by quirking the pin. Mic jack detection was also tested and
found to be working.

This enables use of the headset mic on this product.

Signed-off-by: Daniel Drake <drake@endlessm.com>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191017081501.17135-1-drake@endlessm.com
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: usb-audio: Disable quirks for BOSS Katana amplifiers
Szabolcs Szőke [Fri, 11 Oct 2019 17:19:36 +0000 (19:19 +0200)]
ALSA: usb-audio: Disable quirks for BOSS Katana amplifiers

BOSS Katana amplifiers cannot be used for recording or playback if quirks
are applied

BugLink: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=195223
Signed-off-by: Szabolcs Szőke <szszoke.code@gmail.com>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191011171937.8013-1-szszoke.code@gmail.com
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoASoC: simple_card_utils.h: Fix potential multiple redefinition error
Daniel Baluta [Wed, 9 Oct 2019 15:36:15 +0000 (18:36 +0300)]
ASoC: simple_card_utils.h: Fix potential multiple redefinition error

asoc_simple_debug_info and asoc_simple_debug_dai must be static
otherwise we might a compilation error if the compiler decides
not to inline the given function.

Fixes: 0580dde59438686d ("ASoC: simple-card-utils: add asoc_simple_debug_info()")
Signed-off-by: Daniel Baluta <daniel.baluta@nxp.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191009153615.32105-3-daniel.baluta@nxp.com
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
8 months agoASoC: msm8916-wcd-digital: add missing MIX2 path for RX1/2
Srinivas Kandagatla [Wed, 9 Oct 2019 11:19:44 +0000 (12:19 +0100)]
ASoC: msm8916-wcd-digital: add missing MIX2 path for RX1/2

This patch adds missing MIX2 path on RX1/2 which take IIR1 and
IIR2 as inputs.

Without this patch sound card fails to intialize with below warning:

 ASoC: no sink widget found for RX1 MIX2 INP1
 ASoC: Failed to add route IIR1 -> IIR1 -> RX1 MIX2 INP1
 ASoC: no sink widget found for RX2 MIX2 INP1
 ASoC: Failed to add route IIR1 -> IIR1 -> RX2 MIX2 INP1
 ASoC: no sink widget found for RX1 MIX2 INP1
 ASoC: Failed to add route IIR2 -> IIR2 -> RX1 MIX2 INP1
 ASoC: no sink widget found for RX2 MIX2 INP1
 ASoC: Failed to add route IIR2 -> IIR2 -> RX2 MIX2 INP1

Reported-by: Stephan Gerhold <stephan@gerhold.net>
Signed-off-by: Srinivas Kandagatla <srinivas.kandagatla@linaro.org>
Tested-by: Stephan Gerhold <stephan@gerhold.net>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191009111944.28069-1-srinivas.kandagatla@linaro.org
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
8 months agoASoC: core: Fix pcm code debugfs error
Hans de Goede [Sat, 5 Oct 2019 21:22:02 +0000 (23:22 +0200)]
ASoC: core: Fix pcm code debugfs error

We can have 2 dcpm-s with the same backend and frontend name
(capture + playback pair), this causes the following debugfs error
on Intel Bay Trail systems:

[  298.969049] debugfs: Directory 'SSP2-Codec' with parent 'Baytrail Audio Port' already present!

This commit adds a ":playback" or ":capture" postfix to the debugfs dir
name fixing this.

Signed-off-by: Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191005212202.5206-1-hdegoede@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
8 months agoALSA: hdac: clear link output stream mapping
Rander Wang [Mon, 30 Sep 2019 14:29:45 +0000 (09:29 -0500)]
ALSA: hdac: clear link output stream mapping

Fix potential DMA hang upon starting playback on devices in HDA mode
on Intel platforms (Gemini Lake/Whiskey Lake/Comet Lake/Ice Lake). It
doesn't affect platforms before Gemini Lake or any Intel device in
non-HDA mode.

The reset value for the LOSDIV register is all output streams valid.
Clear this register to invalidate non-existent streams when the bus
is powered up.

Signed-off-by: Rander Wang <rander.wang@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20190930142945.7805-1-pierre-louis.bossart@linux.intel.com
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoALSA: hda/realtek: Reduce the Headphone static noise on XPS 9350/9360
Kai-Heng Feng [Thu, 3 Oct 2019 04:39:19 +0000 (12:39 +0800)]
ALSA: hda/realtek: Reduce the Headphone static noise on XPS 9350/9360

Headphone on XPS 9350/9360 produces a background white noise. The The
noise level somehow correlates with "Headphone Mic Boost", when it sets
to 1 the noise disappears. However, doing this has a side effect, which
also decreases the overall headphone volume so I didn't send the patch
upstream.

The noise was bearable back then, but after commit 717f43d81afc ("ALSA:
hda/realtek - Update headset mode for ALC256") the noise exacerbates to
a point it starts hurting ears.

So let's use the workaround to set "Headphone Mic Boost" to 1 and lock
it so it's not touchable by userspace.

Fixes: 717f43d81afc ("ALSA: hda/realtek - Update headset mode for ALC256")
BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1654448
BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1845810
Signed-off-by: Kai-Heng Feng <kai.heng.feng@canonical.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191003043919.10960-1-kai.heng.feng@canonical.com
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agosound: Fix Kconfig indentation
Krzysztof Kozlowski [Fri, 4 Oct 2019 14:49:31 +0000 (16:49 +0200)]
sound: Fix Kconfig indentation

Adjust indentation from spaces to tab (+optional two spaces) as in
coding style with command like:
    $ sed -e 's/^        /\t/' -i */Kconfig

Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzk@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191004144931.3851-1-krzk@kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
8 months agoLinux 5.4-rc2 v5.4-rc2
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 6 Oct 2019 21:27:30 +0000 (14:27 -0700)]
Linux 5.4-rc2

8 months agoelf: don't use MAP_FIXED_NOREPLACE for elf executable mappings
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 6 Oct 2019 20:53:27 +0000 (13:53 -0700)]
elf: don't use MAP_FIXED_NOREPLACE for elf executable mappings

In commit 4ed28639519c ("fs, elf: drop MAP_FIXED usage from elf_map") we
changed elf to use MAP_FIXED_NOREPLACE instead of MAP_FIXED for the
executable mappings.

Then, people reported that it broke some binaries that had overlapping
segments from the same file, and commit ad55eac74f20 ("elf: enforce
MAP_FIXED on overlaying elf segments") re-instated MAP_FIXED for some
overlaying elf segment cases.  But only some - despite the summary line
of that commit, it only did it when it also does a temporary brk vma for
one obvious overlapping case.

Now Russell King reports another overlapping case with old 32-bit x86
binaries, which doesn't trigger that limited case.  End result: we had
better just drop MAP_FIXED_NOREPLACE entirely, and go back to MAP_FIXED.

Yes, it's a sign of old binaries generated with old tool-chains, but we
do pride ourselves on not breaking existing setups.

This still leaves MAP_FIXED_NOREPLACE in place for the load_elf_interp()
and the old load_elf_library() use-cases, because nobody has reported
breakage for those. Yet.

Note that in all the cases seen so far, the overlapping elf sections
seem to be just re-mapping of the same executable with different section
attributes.  We could possibly introduce a new MAP_FIXED_NOFILECHANGE
flag or similar, which acts like NOREPLACE, but allows just remapping
the same executable file using different protection flags.

It's not clear that would make a huge difference to anything, but if
people really hate that "elf remaps over previous maps" behavior, maybe
at least a more limited form of remapping would alleviate some concerns.

Alternatively, we should take a look at our elf_map() logic to see if we
end up not mapping things properly the first time.

In the meantime, this is the minimal "don't do that then" patch while
people hopefully think about it more.

Reported-by: Russell King <linux@armlinux.org.uk>
Fixes: 4ed28639519c ("fs, elf: drop MAP_FIXED usage from elf_map")
Fixes: ad55eac74f20 ("elf: enforce MAP_FIXED on overlaying elf segments")
Cc: Michal Hocko <mhocko@suse.com>
Cc: Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
8 months agoMerge tag 'dma-mapping-5.4-1' of git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/dma-mapping
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 6 Oct 2019 18:10:15 +0000 (11:10 -0700)]
Merge tag 'dma-mapping-5.4-1' of git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/dma-mapping

Pull dma-mapping regression fix from Christoph Hellwig:
 "Revert an incorret hunk from a patch that caused problems on various
  arm boards (Andrey Smirnov)"

* tag 'dma-mapping-5.4-1' of git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/dma-mapping:
  dma-mapping: fix false positive warnings in dma_common_free_remap()

9 months agoMerge tag 'armsoc-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/soc/soc
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 6 Oct 2019 00:18:43 +0000 (17:18 -0700)]
Merge tag 'armsoc-fixes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/soc/soc

Pull ARM SoC fixes from Olof Johansson:
 "A few fixes this time around:

   - Fixup of some clock specifications for DRA7 (device-tree fix)

   - Removal of some dead/legacy CPU OPP/PM code for OMAP that throws
     warnings at boot

   - A few more minor fixups for OMAPs, most around display

   - Enable STM32 QSPI as =y since their rootfs sometimes comes from
     there

   - Switch CONFIG_REMOTEPROC to =y since it went from tristate to bool

   - Fix of thermal zone definition for ux500 (5.4 regression)"

* tag 'armsoc-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/soc/soc:
  ARM: multi_v7_defconfig: Fix SPI_STM32_QSPI support
  ARM: dts: ux500: Fix up the CPU thermal zone
  arm64/ARM: configs: Change CONFIG_REMOTEPROC from m to y
  ARM: dts: am4372: Set memory bandwidth limit for DISPC
  ARM: OMAP2+: Fix warnings with broken omap2_set_init_voltage()
  ARM: OMAP2+: Add missing LCDC midlemode for am335x
  ARM: OMAP2+: Fix missing reset done flag for am3 and am43
  ARM: dts: Fix gpio0 flags for am335x-icev2
  ARM: omap2plus_defconfig: Enable more droid4 devices as loadable modules
  ARM: omap2plus_defconfig: Enable DRM_TI_TFP410
  DTS: ARM: gta04: introduce legacy spi-cs-high to make display work again
  ARM: dts: Fix wrong clocks for dra7 mcasp
  clk: ti: dra7: Fix mcasp8 clock bits

9 months agoMerge tag 'kbuild-fixes-v5.4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/masahi...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 5 Oct 2019 19:56:59 +0000 (12:56 -0700)]
Merge tag 'kbuild-fixes-v5.4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/masahiroy/linux-kbuild

Pull Kbuild fixes from Masahiro Yamada:

 - remove unneeded ar-option and KBUILD_ARFLAGS

 - remove long-deprecated SUBDIRS

 - fix modpost to suppress false-positive warnings for UML builds

 - fix namespace.pl to handle relative paths to ${objtree}, ${srctree}

 - make setlocalversion work for /bin/sh

 - make header archive reproducible

 - fix some Makefiles and documents

* tag 'kbuild-fixes-v5.4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/masahiroy/linux-kbuild:
  kheaders: make headers archive reproducible
  kbuild: update compile-test header list for v5.4-rc2
  kbuild: two minor updates for Documentation/kbuild/modules.rst
  scripts/setlocalversion: clear local variable to make it work for sh
  namespace: fix namespace.pl script to support relative paths
  video/logo: do not generate unneeded logo C files
  video/logo: remove unneeded *.o pattern from clean-files
  integrity: remove pointless subdir-$(CONFIG_...)
  integrity: remove unneeded, broken attempt to add -fshort-wchar
  modpost: fix static EXPORT_SYMBOL warnings for UML build
  kbuild: correct formatting of header in kbuild module docs
  kbuild: remove SUBDIRS support
  kbuild: remove ar-option and KBUILD_ARFLAGS

9 months agoMerge tag 'scsi-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 5 Oct 2019 19:53:27 +0000 (12:53 -0700)]
Merge tag 'scsi-fixes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi

Pull SCSI fixes from James Bottomley:
 "Twelve patches mostly small but obvious fixes or cosmetic but small
  updates"

* tag 'scsi-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi:
  scsi: qla2xxx: Fix Nport ID display value
  scsi: qla2xxx: Fix N2N link up fail
  scsi: qla2xxx: Fix N2N link reset
  scsi: qla2xxx: Optimize NPIV tear down process
  scsi: qla2xxx: Fix stale mem access on driver unload
  scsi: qla2xxx: Fix unbound sleep in fcport delete path.
  scsi: qla2xxx: Silence fwdump template message
  scsi: hisi_sas: Make three functions static
  scsi: megaraid: disable device when probe failed after enabled device
  scsi: storvsc: setup 1:1 mapping between hardware queue and CPU queue
  scsi: qedf: Remove always false 'tmp_prio < 0' statement
  scsi: ufs: skip shutdown if hba is not powered
  scsi: bnx2fc: Handle scope bits when array returns BUSY or TSF

9 months agoMerge branch 'readdir' (readdir speedup and sanity checking)
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 5 Oct 2019 19:03:27 +0000 (12:03 -0700)]
Merge branch 'readdir' (readdir speedup and sanity checking)

This makes getdents() and getdents64() do sanity checking on the
pathname that it gives to user space.  And to mitigate the performance
impact of that, it first cleans up the way it does the user copying, so
that the code avoids doing the SMAP/PAN updates between each part of the
dirent structure write.

I really wanted to do this during the merge window, but didn't have
time.  The conversion of filldir to unsafe_put_user() is something I've
had around for years now in a private branch, but the extra pathname
checking finally made me clean it up to the point where it is mergable.

It's worth noting that the filename validity checking really should be a
bit smarter: it would be much better to delay the error reporting until
the end of the readdir, so that non-corrupted filenames are still
returned.  But that involves bigger changes, so let's see if anybody
actually hits the corrupt directory entry case before worrying about it
further.

* branch 'readdir':
  Make filldir[64]() verify the directory entry filename is valid
  Convert filldir[64]() from __put_user() to unsafe_put_user()

9 months agoMake filldir[64]() verify the directory entry filename is valid
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 5 Oct 2019 18:32:52 +0000 (11:32 -0700)]
Make filldir[64]() verify the directory entry filename is valid

This has been discussed several times, and now filesystem people are
talking about doing it individually at the filesystem layer, so head
that off at the pass and just do it in getdents{64}().

This is partially based on a patch by Jann Horn, but checks for NUL
bytes as well, and somewhat simplified.

There's also commentary about how it might be better if invalid names
due to filesystem corruption don't cause an immediate failure, but only
an error at the end of the readdir(), so that people can still see the
filenames that are ok.

There's also been discussion about just how much POSIX strictly speaking
requires this since it's about filesystem corruption.  It's really more
"protect user space from bad behavior" as pointed out by Jann.  But
since Eric Biederman looked up the POSIX wording, here it is for context:

 "From readdir:

   The readdir() function shall return a pointer to a structure
   representing the directory entry at the current position in the
   directory stream specified by the argument dirp, and position the
   directory stream at the next entry. It shall return a null pointer
   upon reaching the end of the directory stream. The structure dirent
   defined in the <dirent.h> header describes a directory entry.

  From definitions:

   3.129 Directory Entry (or Link)

   An object that associates a filename with a file. Several directory
   entries can associate names with the same file.

  ...

   3.169 Filename

   A name consisting of 1 to {NAME_MAX} bytes used to name a file. The
   characters composing the name may be selected from the set of all
   character values excluding the slash character and the null byte. The
   filenames dot and dot-dot have special meaning. A filename is
   sometimes referred to as a 'pathname component'."

Note that I didn't bother adding the checks to any legacy interfaces
that nobody uses.

Also note that if this ends up being noticeable as a performance
regression, we can fix that to do a much more optimized model that
checks for both NUL and '/' at the same time one word at a time.

We haven't really tended to optimize 'memchr()', and it only checks for
one pattern at a time anyway, and we really _should_ check for NUL too
(but see the comment about "soft errors" in the code about why it
currently only checks for '/')

See the CONFIG_DCACHE_WORD_ACCESS case of hash_name() for how the name
lookup code looks for pathname terminating characters in parallel.

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20190118161440.220134-2-jannh@google.com/
Cc: Alexander Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Cc: Jann Horn <jannh@google.com>
Cc: Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@xmission.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
9 months agoConvert filldir[64]() from __put_user() to unsafe_put_user()
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 22 May 2016 04:59:07 +0000 (21:59 -0700)]
Convert filldir[64]() from __put_user() to unsafe_put_user()

We really should avoid the "__{get,put}_user()" functions entirely,
because they can easily be mis-used and the original intent of being
used for simple direct user accesses no longer holds in a post-SMAP/PAN
world.

Manually optimizing away the user access range check makes no sense any
more, when the range check is generally much cheaper than the "enable
user accesses" code that the __{get,put}_user() functions still need.

So instead of __put_user(), use the unsafe_put_user() interface with
user_access_{begin,end}() that really does generate better code these
days, and which is generally a nicer interface.  Under some loads, the
multiple user writes that filldir() does are actually quite noticeable.

This also makes the dirent name copy use unsafe_put_user() with a couple
of macros.  We do not want to make function calls with SMAP/PAN
disabled, and the code this generates is quite good when the
architecture uses "asm goto" for unsafe_put_user() like x86 does.

Note that this doesn't bother with the legacy cases.  Nobody should use
them anyway, so performance doesn't really matter there.

Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
9 months agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 5 Oct 2019 15:50:15 +0000 (08:50 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/netdev/net

Pull networking fixes from David Miller:

 1) Fix ieeeu02154 atusb driver use-after-free, from Johan Hovold.

 2) Need to validate TCA_CBQ_WRROPT netlink attributes, from Eric
    Dumazet.

 3) txq null deref in mac80211, from Miaoqing Pan.

 4) ionic driver needs to select NET_DEVLINK, from Arnd Bergmann.

 5) Need to disable bh during nft_connlimit GC, from Pablo Neira Ayuso.

 6) Avoid division by zero in taprio scheduler, from Vladimir Oltean.

 7) Various xgmac fixes in stmmac driver from Jose Abreu.

 8) Avoid 64-bit division in mlx5 leading to link errors on 32-bit from
    Michal Kubecek.

 9) Fix bad VLAN check in rtl8366 DSA driver, from Linus Walleij.

10) Fix sleep while atomic in sja1105, from Vladimir Oltean.

11) Suspend/resume deadlock in stmmac, from Thierry Reding.

12) Various UDP GSO fixes from Josh Hunt.

13) Fix slab out of bounds access in tcp_zerocopy_receive(), from Eric
    Dumazet.

14) Fix OOPS in __ipv6_ifa_notify(), from David Ahern.

15) Memory leak in NFC's llcp_sock_bind, from Eric Dumazet.

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net: (72 commits)
  selftests/net: add nettest to .gitignore
  net: qlogic: Fix memory leak in ql_alloc_large_buffers
  nfc: fix memory leak in llcp_sock_bind()
  sch_dsmark: fix potential NULL deref in dsmark_init()
  net: phy: at803x: use operating parameters from PHY-specific status
  net: phy: extract pause mode
  net: phy: extract link partner advertisement reading
  net: phy: fix write to mii-ctrl1000 register
  ipv6: Handle missing host route in __ipv6_ifa_notify
  net: phy: allow for reset line to be tied to a sleepy GPIO controller
  net: ipv4: avoid mixed n_redirects and rate_tokens usage
  r8152: Set macpassthru in reset_resume callback
  cxgb4:Fix out-of-bounds MSI-X info array access
  Revert "ipv6: Handle race in addrconf_dad_work"
  net: make sock_prot_memory_pressure() return "const char *"
  rxrpc: Fix rxrpc_recvmsg tracepoint
  qmi_wwan: add support for Cinterion CLS8 devices
  tcp: fix slab-out-of-bounds in tcp_zerocopy_receive()
  lib: textsearch: fix escapes in example code
  udp: only do GSO if # of segs > 1
  ...

9 months agoMerge tag 's390-5.4-3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/s390/linux
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 5 Oct 2019 15:44:02 +0000 (08:44 -0700)]
Merge tag 's390-5.4-3' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/s390/linux

Pull s390 fixes from Vasily Gorbik:

 - defconfig updates

 - Fix build errors with CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE due to usage of "i"
   constraint for function arguments. Two kvm changes acked-by Christian
   Borntraeger.

 - Fix -Wunused-but-set-variable warnings in mm code.

 - Avoid a constant misuse in qdio.

 - Handle a case when cpumf is temporarily unavailable.

* tag 's390-5.4-3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/s390/linux:
  KVM: s390: mark __insn32_query() as __always_inline
  KVM: s390: fix __insn32_query() inline assembly
  s390: update defconfigs
  s390/pci: mark function(s) __always_inline
  s390/mm: mark function(s) __always_inline
  s390/jump_label: mark function(s) __always_inline
  s390/cpu_mf: mark function(s) __always_inline
  s390/atomic,bitops: mark function(s) __always_inline
  s390/mm: fix -Wunused-but-set-variable warnings
  s390: mark __cpacf_query() as __always_inline
  s390/qdio: clarify size of the QIB parm area
  s390/cpumf: Fix indentation in sampling device driver
  s390/cpumsf: Check for CPU Measurement sampling
  s390/cpumf: Use consistant debug print format

9 months agoKVM: s390: mark __insn32_query() as __always_inline
Heiko Carstens [Wed, 2 Oct 2019 12:34:37 +0000 (14:34 +0200)]
KVM: s390: mark __insn32_query() as __always_inline

__insn32_query() will not compile if the compiler decides to not
inline it, since it contains an inline assembly with an "i" constraint
with variable contents.

Acked-by: Christian Borntraeger <borntraeger@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Vasily Gorbik <gor@linux.ibm.com>
9 months agoKVM: s390: fix __insn32_query() inline assembly
Heiko Carstens [Wed, 2 Oct 2019 12:24:47 +0000 (14:24 +0200)]
KVM: s390: fix __insn32_query() inline assembly

The inline assembly constraints of __insn32_query() tell the compiler
that only the first byte of "query" is being written to. Intended was
probably that 32 bytes are written to.

Fix and simplify the code and just use a "memory" clobber.

Fixes: d668139718a9 ("KVM: s390: provide query function for instructions returning 32 byte")
Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org # v5.2+
Acked-by: Christian Borntraeger <borntraeger@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Vasily Gorbik <gor@linux.ibm.com>
9 months agodma-mapping: fix false positivse warnings in dma_common_free_remap()
Andrey Smirnov [Sat, 5 Oct 2019 08:23:30 +0000 (10:23 +0200)]
dma-mapping: fix false positivse warnings in dma_common_free_remap()

Commit 5cf4537975bb ("dma-mapping: introduce a dma_common_find_pages
helper") changed invalid input check in dma_common_free_remap() from:

    if (!area || !area->flags != VM_DMA_COHERENT)

to

    if (!area || !area->flags != VM_DMA_COHERENT || !area->pages)

which seem to produce false positives for memory obtained via
dma_common_contiguous_remap()

This triggers the following warning message when doing "reboot" on ZII
VF610 Dev Board Rev B:

WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1 at kernel/dma/remap.c:112 dma_common_free_remap+0x88/0x8c
trying to free invalid coherent area: 9ef82980
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0 PID: 1 Comm: systemd-shutdow Not tainted 5.3.0-rc6-next-20190820 #119
Hardware name: Freescale Vybrid VF5xx/VF6xx (Device Tree)
Backtrace:
[<8010d1ec>] (dump_backtrace) from [<8010d588>] (show_stack+0x20/0x24)
 r7:8015ed78 r6:00000009 r5:00000000 r4:9f4d9b14
[<8010d568>] (show_stack) from [<8077e3f0>] (dump_stack+0x24/0x28)
[<8077e3cc>] (dump_stack) from [<801197a0>] (__warn.part.3+0xcc/0xe4)
[<801196d4>] (__warn.part.3) from [<80119830>] (warn_slowpath_fmt+0x78/0x94)
 r6:00000070 r5:808e540c r4:81c03048
[<801197bc>] (warn_slowpath_fmt) from [<8015ed78>] (dma_common_free_remap+0x88/0x8c)
 r3:9ef82980 r2:808e53e0
 r7:00001000 r6:a0b1e000 r5:a0b1e000 r4:00001000
[<8015ecf0>] (dma_common_free_remap) from [<8010fa9c>] (remap_allocator_free+0x60/0x68)
 r5:81c03048 r4:9f4d9b78
[<8010fa3c>] (remap_allocator_free) from [<801100d0>] (__arm_dma_free.constprop.3+0xf8/0x148)
 r5:81c03048 r4:9ef82900
[<8010ffd8>] (__arm_dma_free.constprop.3) from [<80110144>] (arm_dma_free+0x24/0x2c)
 r5:9f563410 r4:80110120
[<80110120>] (arm_dma_free) from [<8015d80c>] (dma_free_attrs+0xa0/0xdc)
[<8015d76c>] (dma_free_attrs) from [<8020f3e4>] (dma_pool_destroy+0xc0/0x154)
 r8:9efa8860 r7:808f02f0 r6:808f02d0 r5:9ef82880 r4:9ef82780
[<8020f324>] (dma_pool_destroy) from [<805525d0>] (ehci_mem_cleanup+0x6c/0x150)
 r7:9f563410 r6:9efa8810 r5:00000000 r4:9efd0148
[<80552564>] (ehci_mem_cleanup) from [<80558e0c>] (ehci_stop+0xac/0xc0)
 r5:9efd0148 r4:9efd0000
[<80558d60>] (ehci_stop) from [<8053c4bc>] (usb_remove_hcd+0xf4/0x1b0)
 r7:9f563410 r6:9efd0074 r5:81c03048 r4:9efd0000
[<8053c3c8>] (usb_remove_hcd) from [<8056361c>] (host_stop+0x48/0xb8)
 r7:9f563410 r6:9efd0000 r5:9f5f4040 r4:9f5f5040
[<805635d4>] (host_stop) from [<80563d0c>] (ci_hdrc_host_destroy+0x34/0x38)
 r7:9f563410 r6:9f5f5040 r5:9efa8800 r4:9f5f4040
[<80563cd8>] (ci_hdrc_host_destroy) from [<8055ef18>] (ci_hdrc_remove+0x50/0x10c)
[<8055eec8>] (ci_hdrc_remove) from [<804a2ed8>] (platform_drv_remove+0x34/0x4c)
 r7:9f563410 r6:81c4f99c r5:9efa8810 r4:9efa8810
[<804a2ea4>] (platform_drv_remove) from [<804a18a8>] (device_release_driver_internal+0xec/0x19c)
 r5:00000000 r4:9efa8810
[<804a17bc>] (device_release_driver_internal) from [<804a1978>] (device_release_driver+0x20/0x24)
 r7:9f563410 r6:81c41ed0 r5:9efa8810 r4:9f4a1dac
[<804a1958>] (device_release_driver) from [<804a01b8>] (bus_remove_device+0xdc/0x108)
[<804a00dc>] (bus_remove_device) from [<8049c204>] (device_del+0x150/0x36c)
 r7:9f563410 r6:81c03048 r5:9efa8854 r4:9efa8810
[<8049c0b4>] (device_del) from [<804a3368>] (platform_device_del.part.2+0x20/0x84)
 r10:9f563414 r9:809177e0 r8:81cb07dc r7:81c78320 r6:9f563454 r5:9efa8800
 r4:9efa8800
[<804a3348>] (platform_device_del.part.2) from [<804a3420>] (platform_device_unregister+0x28/0x34)
 r5:9f563400 r4:9efa8800
[<804a33f8>] (platform_device_unregister) from [<8055dce0>] (ci_hdrc_remove_device+0x1c/0x30)
 r5:9f563400 r4:00000001
[<8055dcc4>] (ci_hdrc_remove_device) from [<805652ac>] (ci_hdrc_imx_remove+0x38/0x118)
 r7:81c78320 r6:9f563454 r5:9f563410 r4:9f541010
[<8056538c>] (ci_hdrc_imx_shutdown) from [<804a2970>] (platform_drv_shutdown+0x2c/0x30)
[<804a2944>] (platform_drv_shutdown) from [<8049e4fc>] (device_shutdown+0x158/0x1f0)
[<8049e3a4>] (device_shutdown) from [<8013ac80>] (kernel_restart_prepare+0x44/0x48)
 r10:00000058 r9:9f4d8000 r8:fee1dead r7:379ce700 r6:81c0b280 r5:81c03048
 r4:00000000
[<8013ac3c>] (kernel_restart_prepare) from [<8013ad14>] (kernel_restart+0x1c/0x60)
[<8013acf8>] (kernel_restart) from [<8013af84>] (__do_sys_reboot+0xe0/0x1d8)
 r5:81c03048 r4:00000000
[<8013aea4>] (__do_sys_reboot) from [<8013b0ec>] (sys_reboot+0x18/0x1c)
 r8:80101204 r7:00000058 r6:00000000 r5:00000000 r4:00000000
[<8013b0d4>] (sys_reboot) from [<80101000>] (ret_fast_syscall+0x0/0x54)
Exception stack(0x9f4d9fa8 to 0x9f4d9ff0)
9fa0:                   00000000 00000000 fee1dead 28121969 01234567 379ce700
9fc0: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000058 00000000 00000000 00000000 00016d04
9fe0: 00028e0c 7ec87c64 000135ec 76c1f410

Restore original invalid input check in dma_common_free_remap() to
avoid this problem.

Fixes: 5cf4537975bb ("dma-mapping: introduce a dma_common_find_pages helper")
Signed-off-by: Andrey Smirnov <andrew.smirnov@gmail.com>
[hch: just revert the offending hunk instead of creating a new helper]
Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
9 months agokheaders: make headers archive reproducible
Dmitry Goldin [Fri, 4 Oct 2019 10:40:07 +0000 (10:40 +0000)]
kheaders: make headers archive reproducible

In commit 43d8ce9d65a5 ("Provide in-kernel headers to make
extending kernel easier") a new mechanism was introduced, for kernels
>=5.2, which embeds the kernel headers in the kernel image or a module
and exposes them in procfs for use by userland tools.

The archive containing the header files has nondeterminism caused by
header files metadata. This patch normalizes the metadata and utilizes
KBUILD_BUILD_TIMESTAMP if provided and otherwise falls back to the
default behaviour.

In commit f7b101d33046 ("kheaders: Move from proc to sysfs") it was
modified to use sysfs and the script for generation of the archive was
renamed to what is being patched.

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Goldin <dgoldin+lkml@protonmail.ch>
Reviewed-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
Reviewed-by: Joel Fernandes (Google) <joel@joelfernandes.org>
Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <yamada.masahiro@socionext.com>
9 months agokbuild: update compile-test header list for v5.4-rc2
Masahiro Yamada [Thu, 3 Oct 2019 02:36:29 +0000 (11:36 +0900)]
kbuild: update compile-test header list for v5.4-rc2

Commit 6dc280ebeed2 ("coda: remove uapi/linux/coda_psdev.h") removed
a header in question. Some more build errors were fixed. Add more
headers into the test coverage.

Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <yamada.masahiro@socionext.com>
9 months agokbuild: two minor updates for Documentation/kbuild/modules.rst
Masahiro Yamada [Thu, 3 Oct 2019 10:29:12 +0000 (19:29 +0900)]
kbuild: two minor updates for Documentation/kbuild/modules.rst

Capitalize the first word in the sentence.

Use obj-m instead of obj-y. obj-y still works, but we have no built-in
objects in external module builds. So, obj-m is better IMHO.

Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <yamada.masahiro@socionext.com>
9 months agoscripts/setlocalversion: clear local variable to make it work for sh
Masahiro Yamada [Tue, 1 Oct 2019 12:17:24 +0000 (21:17 +0900)]
scripts/setlocalversion: clear local variable to make it work for sh

Geert Uytterhoeven reports a strange side-effect of commit 858805b336be
("kbuild: add $(BASH) to run scripts with bash-extension"), which
inserts the contents of a localversion file in the build directory twice.

[Steps to Reproduce]
  $ echo bar > localversion
  $ mkdir build
  $ cd build/
  $ echo foo > localversion
  $ make -s -f ../Makefile defconfig include/config/kernel.release
  $ cat include/config/kernel.release
  5.4.0-rc1foofoobar

This comes down to the behavior change of local variables.

The 'man sh' on my Ubuntu machine, where sh is an alias to dash,
explains as follows:
  When a variable is made local, it inherits the initial value and
  exported and readonly flags from the variable with the same name
  in the surrounding scope, if there is one. Otherwise, the variable
  is initially unset.

[Test Code]

  foo ()
  {
          local res
          echo "res: $res"
  }

  res=1
  foo

[Result]

  $ sh test.sh
  res: 1
  $ bash test.sh
  res:

So, scripts/setlocalversion correctly works only for bash in spite of
its hashbang being #!/bin/sh. Nobody had noticed it before because
CONFIG_SHELL was previously set to bash almost all the time.

Now that CONFIG_SHELL is set to sh, we must write portable and correct
code. I gave the Fixes tag to the commit that uncovered the issue.

Clear the variable 'res' in collect_files() to make it work for sh
(and it also works on distributions where sh is an alias to bash).

Fixes: 858805b336be ("kbuild: add $(BASH) to run scripts with bash-extension")
Reported-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <yamada.masahiro@socionext.com>
Tested-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
9 months agonamespace: fix namespace.pl script to support relative paths
Jacob Keller [Fri, 27 Sep 2019 23:30:27 +0000 (16:30 -0700)]
namespace: fix namespace.pl script to support relative paths

The namespace.pl script does not work properly if objtree is not set to
an absolute path. The do_nm function is run from within the find
function, which changes directories.

Because of this, appending objtree, $File::Find::dir, and $source, will
return a path which is not valid from the current directory.

This used to work when objtree was set to an absolute path when using
"make namespacecheck". It appears to have not worked when calling
./scripts/namespace.pl directly.

This behavior was changed in 7e1c04779efd ("kbuild: Use relative path
for $(objtree)", 2014-05-14)

Rather than fixing the Makefile to set objtree to an absolute path, just
fix namespace.pl to work when srctree and objtree are relative. Also fix
the script to use an absolute path for these by default.

Use the File::Spec module for this purpose. It's been part of perl
5 since 5.005.

The curdir() function is used to get the current directory when the
objtree and srctree aren't set in the environment.

rel2abs() is used to convert possibly relative objtree and srctree
environment variables to absolute paths.

Finally, the catfile() function is used instead of string appending
paths together, since this is more robust when joining paths together.

Signed-off-by: Jacob Keller <jacob.e.keller@intel.com>
Acked-by: Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@infradead.org>
Tested-by: Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@infradead.org>
Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <yamada.masahiro@socionext.com>
9 months agovideo/logo: do not generate unneeded logo C files
Masahiro Yamada [Wed, 21 Aug 2019 04:12:35 +0000 (13:12 +0900)]
video/logo: do not generate unneeded logo C files

Currently, all the logo C files are generated irrespective of the
CONFIG options. Adding them to extra-y is wrong. What we need to do
here is to add them to 'targets' so that if_changed works properly.

Files listed in 'targets' are cleaned, so clean-files is unneeded.

Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <yamada.masahiro@socionext.com>