Please use this checklist combined with the help on the
issues and debugging page before
reporting a bug. Thanks!
- If you're not using the latest released version, please upgrade before
reporting a bug.
- If you're using the latest released version, consult the
NEWS file from CVS to see if what
you're seeing has already been handled in the CVS version.
- It is also helpful to
search the bugzilla database
to see if the problem is already known.
- See also the issues and debugging page to
help you figure out if what you're seeing is a known bug and perhaps to
help diagnose what is going wrong.
- Discuss the bug on the
rsync mailing list
(which is at firstname.lastname@example.org) to help you figure out if what
you're seeing is really a bug or a mistake.
- There are several patches for features that are under consideration that
can be found in the patches dir of
- If you haven't already done so, please take a couple of minutes to read Simon Tatham's
on how to report bugs.
To report a bug or make suggestions, use one of these methods:
- The mailing list (mentioned above) is a good resource for discussing
bugs and suggesting new features. It accepts patches (typically as MIME
attachments), but for fixes is often easier to attach a patch to an
appropriate bugzilla report.
- If you'd like to see a bug-report or feature-request get officially noted,
report via bugzilla (this does require that you have created a bugzilla
account, but that is a very simple process). All new items and changes to
existing items generate email to the mailing list, so the list naturally stays
up-to-date with what is happening in the bug-tracking database.
Thanks for helping out!